1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Wells = Superman?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
  2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    what am i looking for here now? a depth chart? depth chart = fortress of solitude?

durrrr, me confuseded!

3. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, you didn't hear? They're giving Wells the Center AND Right Guard spot. Supposedly the new zone-blocking system calls for a new streamlined four person offensive line.

4. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Wells will have his hands full at center. The NFC "Norris" Division doesn't strike fear in many hearts, but they do have an abundance of good defensive tackles.

His main liability is his height. In watching video tape from last year, he often was found in good position, but the taller tackles went over the top on him.

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    What about his second starting position per NFL.com? Do you think he's going to do good starting at Guard as well as Center? Personally I think he's gonna need a lot of gatorade.

6. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Error at NFL.com.

Aren't we all certain he's the center?

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    oh, thats pretty unreliable.

i used that for the gm challenge (for the colts)

and it was so....wrong...it was amazing.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Isn't amazing how unreliable some 'official' websites are? I think I just grew a new petpeeve if its possible to ... umm ... grow one?

Well, we all as Packer fans, yes, we all including NFL.com, not so much lol

9. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I was in Denver last week and had a chance to visit Mile High Stadium. I talked a lot of football with the second most avid fans I've ever met. They love their football and they love their Bronco's. The zone scheme the Packers are planning on going to, works. But it only works if you have the right body types, with good speed, to execute the zone. I'm told that when it works, it's a thing of beauty. I don't know about Wells, but when I look at the guys that the Packers drafted, they better plan on using that zone for a long time to come because these guys were built for the zone blocking scheme.