Well, we picked a good day to lose...

SayCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers lose, they drop to 5 losses...
Panthers lose, they drop to 5 losses...
Giants lose, they drop to 4 losses....

Now if the Cowboys lose and we beat them next week, we are tied for wildcard again. Call me what you will, I refuse to give up halfway through the season when we are sitting just 1 game behind wildcard and there will be TWO teams that go. If someone says we are horrible and don't deserve to go, you have every right to say that...but until we are officially out I won't quit...especially just one game behind the wildcard as we sit this very moment. We are far, far from out of it. Teams have bad days and teams have good days and today was a bad day. The great thing about the wildcard is that you are allowed to have a few of those days. We are fine right now and if the Cowboys lose tonight we are even better.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I can commend you on you staying optimistic ... ! - And I'll admit, should the Packers get a wild card spot it'll be much more fun for me when I come to Green Bay in January, however, currently ... I am not that optimistic, based on the past 8 weeks ...

Some times, it's actually better to take a more "realistic" approach, rather than keep getting disappointed ... - That way, the loses won't "sting" nearly as much ...

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The great thing about the wildcard is that you are allowed to have a few of those days. We are fine right now and if the Cowboys lose tonight we are even better.

Except that a wildcard birth prolongs hope and then there is the potential that root cause is not addressed. Root cause is that TT and MM must go or the Packers will forever play second fiddle. The road to the Super Bowl goes through GB. You must win the division, secure a 1st round bye and maintain home field. That is what you build your team around. You employ a tenacious defense and a ground game that sucks the life out of the opponent when it gets cold and nasty. You don't curtsey back into the playoffs only to face a dome team and get your but handed to you on a plate.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well in my book today was a must win ... i hate to say it but its mainly coaching ... if we won today i had us winning 2 more games this season ... i dont think we have even a stab in the dark at beating the cowgirls ...i know its nice to believe the pack will win out ,, but then there is the reality that we couldent beat a team that hasnt won one game this season ... so now we have a shot at beating detroit ,, chi ,, and maybe san fran and thats a maybe ....

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except that a wildcard birth prolongs hope and then there is the potential that root cause is not addressed. Root cause is that TT and MM must go or the Packers will forever play second fiddle. The road to the Super Bowl goes through GB. You must win the division, secure a 1st round bye and maintain home field. That is what you build your team around. You employ a tenacious defense and a ground game that sucks the life out of the opponent when it gets cold and nasty. You don't curtsey back into the playoffs only to face a dome team and get your but handed to you on a plate.
I agree with you but were us to magically be better and post a playoff run, I would mantain them. It's not because they are who they are. It's because they're performing like ****. If they were not to, then I would gladly have them.

Is it probable that we win the rest of our games, improve as a team and at least win a playoff game? No. It's highly unlikely.

But it is possible. And if they pull it off, I don't see why they should be fired...

Of course, what I'm discussing here is: If a person can cure himself of cancer, than he should be allowed to live... It's something that 99% sure won't happen.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well in my book today was a must win ... i hate to say it but its mainly coaching ... if we won today i had us winning 2 more games this season ... i dont think we have even a stab in the dark at beating the cowgirls ...i know its nice to believe the pack will win out ,, but then there is the reality that we couldent beat a team that hasnt won one game this season ... so now we have a shot at beating detroit ,, chi ,, and maybe san fran and thats a maybe ....
The Eagles lost to the Raiders... Yet they're pretty well...

As I see it it's not that we lost to the Buccaneers... It's that we lost to Cincinatti at home, the Vikings at home, are coming from a 6-10 season, AND LOST TO THE 11 TIMES WINLESS BUCCANEERS...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Losing always reflects badly on any coach, however, having said that ... - These past games ... - I noticed a "disturbing" lack of "exitement" on the sidelines when watching the Packers side ...

Add to that the close up of Rodgers and others in the huddle during the game in Tampa ... - Those faces did not look like people who believed in themselves ... In fact I would argue that it seems some of the players lack some "fire" ...

- It is unexcusable when you are a professional athlete ... And not something any coaches will be able to rectify ... The last few weeks (seemingly) dissension amongst other players in the squad seems to confirm this ...

Which is why I was pleasantly surprised to see Rodgers celebrate his rushing TD like he did ... - However, seeing him in the huddle didn't exactly make me confident in thinking he would be able to come back and win the game ...

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it probable that we win the rest of our games, improve as a team and at least win a playoff game? No. It's highly unlikely.

But it is possible. And if they pull it off, I don't see why they should be fired...

I agree - IF they can win out and back into the playoffs after showing marked improvement, they should keep their jobs. The trouble in this town is we employ that theory to small steps in progress. We're too nice of fans and too willing to accept incremental improvments while overlooking the root cause of the problems. It's death by 1000 paper cuts. MM has lost the team. Ted has shown an unwillingness to draft for need or trade/acquire it. We have good personnel, except for the offensive line. Schemes are wrong, play calling atrocius and there is no help on the horizon. TT will probably draft a couple of wide receivers next year because "they were the best players available." Either that, or he'll trade down and take a chance on a college player who had star potential but got injured. I was willing to cut slack to previous regiemes when we were difficient at so many levels but it's not the personnel so much as it's coaching and the GM.

BucoBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck sound like a great fan do not give up but not looking to good . Really looking bad for the bucs lol but who nos maybe they win the next 8 games and they end up tied with the packers and win the tie breaker having beatin the packers lol keep being a great fan you never no . Last year bucs were 9 and 3 at one piont and lost the rest of there games and the Eagles came from no were so you can never give up till your team has been eliminated .

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck sound like a great fan do not give up but not looking to good . Really looking bad for the bucs lol but who nos maybe they win the next 8 games and they end up tied with the packers and win the tie breaker having beatin the packers lol keep being a great fan you never no . Last year bucs were 9 and 3 at one piont and lost the rest of there games and the Eagles came from no were so you can never give up till your team has been eliminated .
Your teams really sucks... but IMO you found your QB of the Future... Who knows? You have a great MLB, a nice you CB... A great TE, really good RBs... A VERY GOOD OL... Maybe next year your team can be a contender again...

I agree that you have to never give up, and I commend the fans that can stay that positive, but it's really hard when you know your team could be playing with the elite, but is playing like the Browns... (no offense to any Browns fans here LOL)

Ace731

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@tripleguy dont forget about all the Offensive offensive lineman hes drafted from small schools who play 7 man football in highschool/college.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You forgot about Atlanta, i think unless they start a late year skid they will get one of the Wild Cards, and right now I don't know where the 2nd WIld Card will come from For a while San Fran looked hot, but now zona does...... If Green Bay can win enough games maybe we can pull it out, NY Giants are sliding, and Phily and Dallas both have injuries on the O-line I don't know.

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well its a shame Dallas didnt lose today, I really hate that team with a passion!!! Its also a shame that Green Bay keeps losing these extremely tight games that come right down to the final mins of the 4th quarter... I have never seen a team do this more then the Packers.... That was the story of this team last year... A play here or there, and they could have went 13-3 last year, but the thing is they never do get that play here or there.... They make stupid mistakes, and terrible play calling that makes sure they never get that one extra play they need to win the game... It happened in both Vikings games, and against Cinci and now against Tampa.

This team is WAY WAY WAY to talented to keep throwing games like this... I said the exact same thing about Seattle!! Green Bay really needed this win, they have Dallas next week (winners of 4 straight games) and that is just ugly... Its a real shame.... They need this win bad against Dallas next week, especially with how tight the NFC is getting... Way to many good teams in Atlanta, Giants, Philly, Dallas, Arizona, San Fran, even Chicago to keep losing games and win one lose one...

Its only going to get tougher with Baltimore and Pittsburgh coming up as well...

Hendogg33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good teams win games they are supposed to win. The packers were supposed to win in TB. As a matter of fact if A.J. doesn't have a bull$#!% penalty called aginst his INT we do win. Unfortunately we took the L.

Also I think Raymond James Stadium is cursed.

Members online

Latest posts