Well, I'm crushed...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
2010 NFL Draft Grades: Final Verdict -- NFL FanHouse

Green Bay (Day 1: B; Day 2: B): OT Bryan Bulaga got the Pack rolling at No. 23. They'll get mixed reviews on DL Mike Neal (No. 56), S Morgan Burnett (No. 71) and TE Andrew Quarless (No. 154), a really questionable pick. RB James Starks at No. 193 could bump this group up down the road. Final Grade: B

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/seby_grades_the_draft_HRTq1TOjtSvDzVO8PYzLsM/2#ixzz0mPKiWMEk

PACKERS: OT Bryan Bulaga dropping was manna from heaven. S Morgan Burnett is a ballhawk. Grade: A minus

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-04-25-nfl-draft-grades_N.htm

GRADE C
Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga lacks the reach desired in a prototype tackle, but he's technically sound and tough. That made him a solid pick late in the first round and a likely starter at right tackle. They bolstered the defense with lineman Mike Neal and safety Morgan Burnett.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/04/25/nfl-draft-grades/

Green Bay: The Packers got great value with their first pick, Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga, who has a chance to start as a rookie at right tackle. Georgia Tech safety Morgan Burnett gives the Packers some depth at safety where Atari Bigby has had injury concerns.
Mike Neal is really strong and spent five years at Purdue, starting as a defensive end and then switching to defensive tackle. His first love was basketball, but he will play end in the 3-4 defense. He had 26 tackles for a loss and 13 sacks at Purdue. The best news about the team's top three picks is that all are solid citizens with no injury history.
TE Andrew Quarless spent a lot of time in Joe Paterno's doghouse at Penn State, but he did have 41 catches last season and could be a deep threat for Aaron Rodgers. RB James Stark missed his entire senior season at Buffalo, but if he plays to his old level could prove to be a valuable addition. Grade: C

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett will be our Dime CB for sure, if not our Nickel CB. Capers is known for using S at his sub packages, instead of CBs.

We just might have depth at the secondary...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett will be our Dime CB for sure, if not our Nickel CB. Capers is known for using S at his sub packages, instead of CBs.

We just might have depth at the secondary...

Part of the reason I'm not panicking or overreacting to our draft is I believe our front office staff knows more about our personnel needs than we do. Last season we did surprisingly well with our conversion to the 3-4, despite not really having the personnel for it. This season we're able to start drafting the personnel we need to compliment the core group of guys we have.

All in all I think we're going to be more improved this season over last. With three CB's coming back from injury, Underwood and Jones (Who were deemed as projects when he was drafted) in their second years, I don't see how we can do much worse than we did last season.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see everyone is just drinking the green koolaid. After Bulaga's name was announced, I actually was jumping up and down and yelling. I ran outside and just shouted "BULAGA!" pretty loudly because we finally made a great first round pick. Rounds 2-7, however, had me cursing this regime by the time the draft ended. The Lions, Vikings, and even the Bears made solid picks after round 1. We did not. That is why we're still on the outside looking in. Almost enough to make a guy want to cancel his season tickets...

I still am waiting to hear who you would have picked instead... even what positions you would have addressed in what round. I just want to hear what you would do instead of the cursing of our front office. I was yelling too... but I had other players that I would have selected in mind. So... please enlighten me... you can even private message me... I just want to hear who you would have picked instead.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So... please enlighten me... you can even private message me... I just want to hear who you would have picked instead.

Nah, no PM. Make him be a man about it and make it public as I too am curious. All I ever hear from that guy is how horrible the Packers are. I'd love to see what he would do different and when.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of the better analysis I've seen regarding our draft picks. Also might put some of you freaking out at ease:

Green Bay Packers 2010 NFL Draft: The Reasons Behind the Picks | Jersey Al's Packers Blog
this brought a lot of light onto our draft for me.. after sitting down for a couple days and cooling off i think we had a very solid draft.. i def think we reached a few spots but the picks do make a lot more sense now.. im happy with the draft... i hope i wasnt as crazy as this other kid in here when i was going off lol.. GO PACKK

OP
OP
packerpower

packerpower

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still am waiting to hear who you would have picked instead... even what positions you would have addressed in what round. I just want to hear what you would do instead of the cursing of our front office. I was yelling too... but I had other players that I would have selected in mind. So... please enlighten me... you can even private message me... I just want to hear who you would have picked instead.

Round 2: Vladimir Ducasse - OG
Round 3: Brandon Ghee - CB
Round 5: Reshad Jones - S
Round 6: James Stark - RB (we picked)
Round 7: Selvish Capers - OT

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And yours would have been boo'd because got no DE

So your roster would had 5 DE with Jolly probably going to miss a few games.. thats down to 4 with one being Harrell

And if Jolly and Jenkins are gone after this year then what?? not to mention Jolly is going to miss some games

with your draft could have have about 4 De for 1st 3 games and not 7

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see everyone is just drinking the green koolaid. After Bulaga's name was announced, I actually was jumping up and down and yelling. I ran outside and just shouted "BULAGA!" pretty loudly because we finally made a great first round pick.

Yeah I dont know why we picked that bum Mathews last year in the first round...

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Round 2: Vladimir Ducasse - OG
Round 3: Brandon Ghee - CB
Round 5: Reshad Jones - S
Round 6: James Stark - RB (we picked)
Round 7: Selvish Capers - OT

I am going to be honest... I don't hate that draft... I wanted Ducasse and wouldn't have minded ghee in the 3rd. Overall though... I don't think you can call this draft a bust. Let em' play. Should be a fun summer.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a little nervous after the draft only because we didn't draft a CB. I thought maybe instead of drafting a TE we should have drafted a CB, but by the time it was out turn to pick, the run on DBs had come and gone, so there really wasn't any left that I thought were as good of a DB as Quarless is a TE. Then I read about who the Packers picked up as UDFA and there was a CB who sounds like he could be a player. So after it was all said and done, there is a possible 7 man defensive line rotation and quite a bit of depth to be had in the defensive backfield. Either way I think it will make for more competition for the starting spots and roster spots which is a good thing.

Whats not to like?

Latest posts