Welcome to the Milwaukee Bucks...inside the Packer Forum!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Nice one Shaggy I like it!

Good timing with the Bucks coming off an impressive win at Houston last night, despite FHOF Harden's 42 point performance! That guy just continues to be incredible, but the Bucks are rolling and with MVP candidate Giannis Antetokounmpo, they have not only surprised a few people, but are legit contenders for the NBA Title this year.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You up for adding a new game thread for each game or is there not a lot of members willing to chat about the game during game time?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admit I'm one of those guys who checks the standings once a week or so just to see how they are doing and you can color me impressed. I'm not basketball fan at all and I can't name a single Bucks player ( I know they have that Giannis guy but I still can't name him) I paid a little more attention when Allen, Baker and Cassell were around and before that Buckner, Moncrief, Bridgeman and Johnson but I never really watched them.

I'm happy for the real Bucks fans though. They have suffered through a lot and they've earned it. Best record in the NBA (percentage wise anyway) half way through the season and they have been near the top all season. I'm not going to be trading the pigskin for the roundball anytime soon but if they make the finals i just might have to start watching a bit more.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not going to be trading the pigskin for the roundball anytime soon but if they make the finals i just might have to start watching a bit more.
It would make a nice filler for once between OTAs and training camp. Besides the annual Brewers fade.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I will admit to not being a very big Brewer or Bucks fan over the last 10+ years. Like you, only keeping an occasional eye on them. I started getting back into both teams, when they started fielding winners. So yes, I am a fair weather fan.

Have to say, both teams are enjoyable to watch, both have really likable Managers/coaches and the product they are putting out there is first class.

Just watch the next Bucks game and once you see Giannis, you will understand why he nicknamed "The Greek Freak"....the kid is amazing and just turned 24!

Interesting thing I just thought of, my desire to watch both teams has swung in the last 2 years, which have been down years for the Packers..... hmmmmmm

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They faded then made a run at the end to get back into it.
They were just tweaking things midseason....to make their final run to the 7th game of the NL Championship Series. ;)

Now I would say what the Cubs did at the end was totally fading. :)

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bucks superfans down in Milwaukee love to go after The Fan radio station and throw a tantrum about how the packers get too much coverage. They want no less than 2 hours of a 4 hour show dedicated to them. If they find out this section exists they will demand equal coverage here as well!!!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Bucks superfans down in Milwaukee love to go after The Fan radio station and throw a tantrum about how the packers get too much coverage. They want no less than 2 hours of a 4 hour show dedicated to them. If they find out this section exists they will demand equal coverage here as well!!!

Ha ha

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I hear that too

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Tonight's game proved how tough it is to be the top dog in the league and win on the road. All the teams and their fans are extra geared up and wanting to prove something by knocking you off. Red hot shooting by a not so good Wizards team, no Giannis and poor shooting for the Bucks=Loss.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Its was because I added this board they lost.. :roflmao:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Remember Lew Alcindor? Bob Dandridge? John McLocklin? Lucious Allen? Oscar Robertson?

Yeah...me neither. So damned long ago. Anyway...I was a BIG fan in the 70's, then, travelling was acceptable and encouraged.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Pretty big game tonight at 7 PM CST! The 36-13 Bucks travel to Toronto to take on the 37-15 Raptors! Game is Live on TNT.

Big game in that if we win it, it takes us to 3-1 on the Raptors for the year and assures us of home court advantage in the playoffs if the 2 teams have identical records at the end of the year.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Dominating Road Victory for the Bucks tonight, against the 2nd best team in the East! The Bucks were up by 24 midway through the 3rd quarter and somewhat coasted. Great balanced scoring, with DJ Wilson coming on strong, career high 16 points.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Magic carpet ride?
I am starting to think so. This didn't really come out of nowhere, but I think their rise to the top (so far) was faster than most thought it would happen. They have been improving in small steady increments in all facets of the game and I give Coach Bud a lot of that credit.

Anthony Davis is a hot trade talk commodity right now and as much as I love the guy, no way do I want to see the Bucks give up what it would take to get him. Nor do I want to see them change what is already working. The Raptors on the other hand, are a bit deeper in resources (players) and if they get Davis, they are going to be scary.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't followed the NBA for years (heck I remember what I think was the last great Bucks center before he changed his name :)), but I usually check the Brewers and Bucks, just because. I'm wondering, in the wonderful world of obscene professional contracts, what the outlook is for the Bucks over the next few years. Can they afford to keep the Greek kid and enough of a supporting cast to remain relevant for a while?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Haven't followed the NBA for years (heck I remember what I think was the last great Bucks center before he changed his name :)), but I usually check the Brewers and Bucks, just because. I'm wondering, in the wonderful world of obscene professional contracts, what the outlook is for the Bucks over the next few years. Can they afford to keep the Greek kid and enough of a supporting cast to remain relevant for a while?

I will admit to being a Band Wagon Bucks and Brewers fan. If they are playing well, I tune in, otherwise it's just too long of a season to watch mediocre or bad play.

While I don't know a ton about the NBA Cap, I know Giannis is definitely on a very team friendly deal. I think he is around $25M/year, which in the NBA looks to be around the 27th highest paid player. Stephan Curry makes around $37M/year.

Giannis is also signed through the 2021 season and loves playing in Milwaukee. Very soft spoken, humble guy.

As far as how they are lining up for the future, Bledsoe, Brogdon and Lopez are FA's after this season. Bledsoe is a must resign IMO.

The Bucks seemed to take off when long time owner Herb Kohl finally sold a majority interest in the team in 2014 to Wes Edens, and Marc Lasry. Kohl still has a large minority interest, but 3 other guys have joined the ownership pool, with one of them being none other than Aaron Rodgers.

I would say long term, as long as they hang onto the 24 year old Greek Freak, the Bucks are looking legit for at least 2+ years.

Edit: Was curious how much of the Bucks Aaron Rodgers owns. Turns out it is a 1% share, which is estimated to have cost him $5.5 Million.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not a 'fan', even when they're winning, but I view them a bit like the Pack in that they're a small market team, with whatever negatives that entails, so it's nice to see them on top, whenever.