Week 6 game 5 Ravens

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I didn't think you could lead with your helmet no matter than area targeted on opposing players body. This should be a fine whether or not it is a legal play according to NFL rules.

I agree. Not only does turning your helmet into a battering ram injure ball carriers, it injures the tackler too. Neck is less likely to be injured if the tacklers head is "up". Leading with the helmet (read: head down) is stupid by anyone's standard.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. Not only does turning your helmet into a battering ram injure ball carriers, it injures the tackler too. Neck is less likely to be injured if the tacklers head is "up". Leading with the helmet (read: head down) is stupid by anyone's standard.
Tell that to Nick Collins

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Damn, that game was a first-class b*tch to watch. It was exactly what I thought it would be ... with the exception of some MAJOR crippling injuries.

These guys are going low to keep from getting flagged and fined for helmet-to-helmet. Another rule yielding unexpected consequences.
Unexpected to who? Is the rule committee really that dumb?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was great watching the Pack in Baltimore yesterday. Fun time with Packer fans before and during the game. Ravens fans are really cool. Bummer was Cobb getting hurt! :(

H

HardRightEdge

I just watched the Game Rewind. So what's the deal here? Not one shout out to Micah Hyde? He played one heck of a game at nickel, and added 3 nice punt returns to boot in a game where field position was at a premium.

Members online

Latest posts