Week 5 @ Washington

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
Next week we got the Redskins who played well in week 4 against Philadelphia. Whats your guys thoughts on this one? Big match-ups? Some improvements we MUST make to win? Just curious to see what you all think.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to this game with my redskins fan, should be a good one, I'm a little worried about that Armstrong WR, he is pretty fast, not sure if we can do a good enough job containing him.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Washington offense has alot to prove. Their defense is pretty good but certainly not impossible. After looking at Washington's offensive numbers I think GB can dominate the game defensively if they play a low penalty game. All speculation though, we'll only know next Sunday. I'm excited for the game though I think the Packers can win big and they need it. But McNabb is a good QB and always plays well against GB.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to this game with my redskins fan, should be a good one, I'm a little worried about that Armstrong WR, he is pretty fast, not sure if we can do a good enough job containing him.

Im going there too!! with my family and brother-in-law whos a skins fan.

Should be a great day, and hopefully a great game!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think we finally have a game for the PAck to show up for. I feel the Packers start so well offensively they too far. Ahead of themselves and lose thier drive. I am thinking this game and Miami are where the Pack may start showing up for all 4 quarters if not we have problems.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Anybody else notice McNabb was like 2-11 in the second half o that game! Lots of 3 and outs. Capers better just copy what the Eagles did in the 2nd half defensively. I'm not too afraid of their offense (although I might eat my words later). Their D is what I'm most concerned about. Haynesworth is a non-factor for all practical purposes. But, they did knock Vick out of the game (why scrambling nearly every down QBs don't last in the league).

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like we should win, but the penalties and sloppy play lately has me concerned.

^^This

If you are comparing, I think the Pack is the better team, but I said the same thing with the Bears and the Lions. We have to play much better if we are gonna beat even the Skins, who are not even one of the best teams right now. The Skins have McNabb, who as a former Eagle's fan, I know very well. You have to watch him, if you flush him out of the pocket, he's got a set of legs on him and he can run it himself for the 1st D or even TD. The key thing with McNabb is to just continue to put pressure on him, rush him, it makes him frustrated and he will start to ground the ball deep and make stupid mistakes. Also it looks like Portis might be out with an ankle. Good news for our D as that will hurt the Skins running game. They did manage to beat the Eagles, taking Vick out in the process, they may of lost that game had Vick not been injured. McNabb is looking good, really working with that offense over there, but I'd actually worry about them more next season than this. Bottom line is the Pack can't play like they did against the Lions and expect to beat the Skins, I'm just keepin it real here. It may of worked against the Lions (just barely) but it's not gonna fly with a higher caliber team. Just my analyst here....

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some improvements? How about we hold onto the ******* ball. 4 turnovers is just unacceptable. I don't remember Rodgers' other pick, but the pick where Jennings had the ball ripped out of his hands was just inexcusable. He has to come down with that ball.

And Jordy "WTF" Nelson has had too many fumbles. One more at all this season and they should start looking to sit his ***.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
If the Packers play like they played against the Lions, you may be in trouble. The defense was porous, and after the first half, the offense non-existent.

Yes, GB looks just plain BAD a lot of that game no doubt. And that I believe is tied directly to being one dimensional when teams can go nickle and dime nearly all game long.

Although the final drive was very nicely done by the Pack, but they did struggle. I think the Lions are underrated due to being winless. They got the penalty and fumble bug which crippled em a bit. But, overall they showed some flashes of goodness (hate to say).

PackerMX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game against the Lions was from best to worst. The very first drive was impressive. I assumed then that Packers will rout Lions without mercy; but suddenly things change. Second drive was 3 & out and from that moment on, thanx to penalties and turnovers for the Lions we barely escape the first half. Running game, turnovers, ST, Defense... all departments play way below the potential of the team and the expectations generated in the off-season. If we want to survive the next against WAS, we need to play much better football in all departments, as simple as that. Defense need to cover running QB's better and McNabb is one of those. Just take a look at the screen pass plays; the quicker our defense is the more to stop horizontal plays we struggle. IMHO.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers play like they played against the Lions, you may be in trouble. The defense was porous, and after the first half, the offense non-existent.

Kind of like when the Vikes play the next four games. Jets, Cowboys, Packers and the Patriots

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next week we got the Redskins who played well in week 4 against Philadelphia. Whats your guys thoughts on this one? Big match-ups? Some improvements we MUST make to win? Just curious to see what you all think.

This feels like a let-down game for the Skins coming off a big emotional win for McNabb against Philly in Philly. If the Packers pick up the blitz, because the Skins LOVE to blitz, Packers should win a close one.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hate to agree with a Vikes fan but he is right... If they play like they did Vs Detroit They'll blow this game....

ST needs to sober up FAST
AND we can't turn the ball over 4 x and think we're gonna win.... Washington isn't Detroit.

If Rodgers gets his way and the O opens up 3 & 4 wide I don't think Washington has enough guys to cover Jenn., DD, JJ and JFin.

By the way what is a viking fan doing on a packer site?

mcnabb5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redskins fan here.

I'll put it like this.I respect GB and the fans and history and think Rogers is a very good QB .

But to put it nice and short.

-GB vs Skins ( we will be your toughest opponent so far in the schedule.)

-Do not be fooled by our offense we where rushing on the Eagles like it was nothing and Mcnabb made huge plays when needed and should of scored 3 passing TD's. But he did overall did bad in the half but that is due to his strong emotions with Philly, I think he started crying a bit when he beat Philly .Just saying

-Skins D will do worst in this game and the reasoning for that is Mike Shanahan has watched NFCE offenses since he's been the HC for the Redskins. I don't expect the skins to play as good on defense as they did in Philly.

-Big Al (100 mil) man was a very huge factor in the Eagles game and you can ask any redskins fans that. He came in the pocket and made Vick rush to the side and causes huge troubles for there running game in the middle . Albert best performance yet as a Redskins .

^^^^^

So basically thats all I have to say I think skins offense does alot better against your defense but I also think the Redskins D will do horrible in the packs game. We played vanilla defense all game and if Roger has alot of time in the pocket I expect Rogers to tear it up.

Good luck IDK who will win but history shows GB wins alot of the time we met.

ehoepker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be my first Packers game so I hope we can get the W! Clean up the penalties and hold on to the freakin ball and we should be alright

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redskins fan here.

I'll put it like this.I respect GB and the fans and history and think Rogers is a very good QB .

-Do not be fooled by our offense we where rushing on the Eagles like it was nothing and Mcnabb made huge plays when needed and should of scored 3 passing TD's. But he did overall did bad in the half but that is due to his strong emotions with Philly, I think he started crying a bit when he beat Philly .Just saying

-Skins D will do worst in this game and the reasoning for that is Mike Shanahan has watched NFCE offenses since he's been the HC for the Redskins. I don't expect the skins to play as good on defense as they did in Philly.

-Big Al (100 mil) man was a very huge factor in the Eagles game and you can ask any redskins fans that. He came in the pocket and made Vick rush to the side and causes huge troubles for there running game in the middle . Albert best performance yet as a Redskins .

^^^^^

So basically thats all I have to say I think skins offense does alot better against your defense but I also think the Redskins D will do horrible in the packs game. We played vanilla defense all game and if Roger has alot of time in the pocket I expect Rogers to tear it up.

Welcome to the forum!

That's a nice post. We rarely see an educated newcomer around here, usually just trolls talking crap.

You can see that the Packers' fanbase is very concerned, given all the injuries and late play. So nobody is taking this game easily. Nobody expects a blowout or something like that, we know that this is a key game, that will go down to the last minute.

But if we are indeed contenders, we've got to win against a team that was 4-12 last year and that lost to the Rams, with all due respect. Even if the game is at your field, which, together with Lambeau, is one of the only places that has true faithful fans.

BTW, the cowgirls freaking suck.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ill be at this game as well... and I think it will end up being a Barn Burner between Rodgers and Mcnabb both have weapons at receiver and I believe portis got hurt so ryan torain is the skins running back for this game. He is actually a looot like Grant with his running style and can bust fairly large gains if allowed to so he could end up being an x factor so he cant be slept on. Personally though I believe that We have the defensive scheme to apply enough pressure on Mcnabb that he actually commits a few turnovers which tend to always end up with Packer points. All in all it should be a great game and may even come down to the wire I cant wait to see them in action this year. GO PACKK!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redskins fan here.

^^^^^

Good post!!!! I was rooting for the Skins to beat the Eagles in that game! I think McNabb will do well for you guys, those stupid Eagles, LOL, word is they are wishing they had McNabb back in Philly! Nice D there too, I'm not even going to get into Vick (evil grin), but I wish you guys well and I hope you win your division!!!

See you on gameday, Sunday! Good luck!

mcnabb5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

That's a nice post. We rarely see an educated newcomer around here, usually just trolls talking crap.

You can see that the Packers' fanbase is very concerned, given all the injuries and late play. So nobody is taking this game easily. Nobody expects a blowout or something like that, we know that this is a key game, that will go down to the last minute.

But if we are indeed contenders, we've got to win against a team that was 4-12 last year and that lost to the Rams, with all due respect. Even if the game is at your field, which, together with Lambeau, is one of the only places that has true faithful fans.

BTW, the cowgirls freaking suck.

Lol thank you and I understand we are 4-12 last year and we did lose to the rams. We shoulda beaten the Texans how ever so ....u can look at us as a 3-1 type of team but where 2-2.

Also to add things.

On the packers positive:

-Redskins secondary has been bad other than the last game.

-Mcnabb doesn't have any weapons so I'm just hoping the offense gels this game but other wise if you guys blitz I expect us to be in danger.

-Mathew will dominate us in the game at times.

-Woodson will shut down Santana Moss.

-

----------------

Only thing positive in the skins is the running game clicking and Chris Cooley doing good. Other wise I can but don't see the skins winning the game unless Mcnabb spreads the ball more and the Skins D proves me wrong.

And best believe the Cowboys do suck lol.

OP
OP
Packman Chant

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
I like this guy mcnabb5 ahah, thanks. It will be a good game, with all respect i hope we come out on top aha. Cant wait to see the game. P.S congrats on game vs. Philly we beat em too and it felt wonderful lol.

"thinking 4-1"

Members online

Latest posts