Week 4: Buffalo at Green Bay - Time to bounce back

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, feel good about the game. The Packers open at 10 point favorites. Have fun. ;)
I wish I could feel better about the -10 line on the Packers, but it was -16 and 1/2 for the queens and we saw how that turned out.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This Washington game was humbling, but I have to think that the Packers win this one at home.

James from IL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Rodgers does have a much quicker release than Cousins, and as he did this to beat the Bears pass rush in week 1, why not do it again?

He did kind of hold on to it a little too long against WASH, so hopefully we get the version of the offense that beat the Bears pass rush instead.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not too optimistic.
I thought Wash. was going to be an easy win for us.
Now I have doubts as long as a gimpy Rodgers is playing and they still don't bother with a better team around him.
I just don't know anymore.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be at Lambeau for the game, and I'm 2-0 in my previous ventures.

I will guide us to victory and keep the streak alive.

Well, if they win this one we are going to have to see what we can do about getting you season tickets.

This Washington game was humbling, but I have to think that the Packers win this one at home.

That's the thing. Every team loses games they shouldn't on occasion. I'm not making any excuses because they did look bad but if you though the Packers should beat the Redskins you definitely should be thinking they beat the Bills. Even after the Redskins game you should be thinking that, and yes even after the Bills beat the vikings. If the Bills and vikings play 10 more times the vikings win 8 of them. If you don't think the Packers will beat the Bills you have no business predicting another win for the rest of the year.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I am not overlooking the Bills. But I am also not overlooking the Packers. Who is in and who is out this game? Is Kevin King back? Can we cut Davon House? Will Josh Jones be playing, what will he look like? Can we start Aaron Jones and let him get in the groove. I am all for the 3 headed backfield, but if a guy gets on a roll, put him in the next series!

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the 3 headed backfield thing. A lot of if not most RBs get into a groove as the game wears on. We’re trying to get too cute on situational packages for certain players

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been a rollercoaster of a season already. The dramatic come from behind win in week 1, the craziness involved in the week 2 tie, and the debacle in Washington yesterday.

Hopefully the Packers can come out and settle things down and reassert themselves.

With what we saw from the Bills yesterday, they cannot be overlooked. How's the saying go..."any given sunday..."

But the Packers at home should be able to win this football game.

Discuss.

Buffalo looked so bad the first two weeks, and then went into the Vikings house and dominated them. Hard to figure.

Let's hope that performance was a fluke......

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if they win this one we are going to have to see what we can do about getting you season tickets.

That's the thing. Every team loses games they shouldn't on occasion. I'm not making any excuses because they did look bad but if you though the Packers should beat the Redskins you definitely should be thinking they beat the Bills. Even after the Redskins game you should be thinking that, and yes even after the Bills beat the vikings. If the Bills and vikings play 10 more times the vikings win 8 of them. If you don't think the Packers will beat the Bills you have no business predicting another win for the rest of the year.

I think Sunday's game is going to depend on who wants it more. While I'm certain the Bills as a team have confidence, surely our guys must be thinking too that they missed too many opportunities last week.

I kinda think if we win it will be an ugly win, but I'll take a win any way we can get it even if the offense puts up less than stellar numbers.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon, the Packers should dominate this team. It shouldn't even be a question. The Vikings game was a massive fluke, the Bills are still terrible.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Sunday's game is going to depend on who wants it more. While I'm certain the Bills as a team have confidence, surely our guys must be thinking too that they missed too many opportunities last week.

I kinda think if we win it will be an ugly win, but I'll take a win any way we can get it even if the offense puts up less than stellar numbers.

With the talent disparity on these teams, an ugly win at home should be all the evidence anyone needs to rebuild the coaching staff.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what, if anything to read into the fact that two supposed Super Bowl contenders played to a hard fought 29-29 tie one week and both laid an egg the following week. Overlooking their opponents? Looking ahead to next week? Beat to the point of exhaustion? Completely emotionally drained? Huge coincidence? You decide.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the talent disparity on these teams, an ugly win at home should be all the evidence anyone needs to rebuild the coaching staff.

This is a perfect example of why nobody takes you ridiculous MM bashers seriously. You guys have no concept of week to week ups and downs.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Buffalo looked so bad the first two weeks, and then went into the Vikings house and dominated them. Hard to figure.

Let's hope that performance was a fluke......
No. Buffalo looked bad for the first game and a half. They looked pretty good the second 6 quarters. Chargers had 3 yards rushing and 78 yards passing in the second half of Buffalo's second game. But it was only Phillip Rivers. Of course this past week, the Chargers only had 97 yards rushing and 116 yards passing against the Rams in the second half. So maybe it's the Chargers that really suck.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Dantés, post: 789482, member: 12283" But how did they stifle the Vikings' offense so effectively?[/QUOTE]

Very simply, D. They're not our defense.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to start off hot and heavy. Push the petal to the metal early and often.......

n4t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
27-21 Bills.

I expect more of the same from the Packers. 4/5 of their Oline range from sub-par to terrible. The Defense still has critical personnel issues (firing Capers sure helped, eh geniuses?). With Rodgers gimped for some time, the games are less than entertaining.

Pettine's new scheme sure is fun! Did you see how energized HaHa Clinton-Dog was?! Looked like Adrian Petersen had a blast too, at age 50! Good for him.

But all joking aside - its due to the officiating that I am planning other things on my Sunday.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel that the Pack will win this game. They will make sure they are aware of fact the Bill’s are better than most people give them credit for, but GB is far superior in most aspects of the game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No. Buffalo looked bad for the first game and a half. They looked pretty good the second 6 quarters. Chargers had 3 yards rushing and 78 yards passing in the second half of Buffalo's second game. But it was only Phillip Rivers. Of course this past week, the Chargers only had 97 yards rushing and 116 yards passing against the Rams in the second half. So maybe it's the Chargers that really suck.
Don't cha know, when opp team can't score in 2nd half, its because they took foot off gas.. Not that other team has adjusted

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The Bills May stink “BUT” our recent play has not made this a lock win,it’s games like this I don’t mind being “wrong”

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers needs to stop holding on to the damn ball. He knows he cant be taking the hits on his bum knee but he gotta hold on to it to make the home run play.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers needs to stop holding on to the damn ball. He knows he cant be taking the hits on his bum knee but he gotta hold on to it to make the home run play.

While Rodgers holds on to the ball slightly longer than the average quarterback so far this season it's not something to get mad about. He only ranks 18th in the league in deep passing attempts.

Members online

Latest posts