Week 3 Detroit Game: A Must-Win?

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quinten Rollins will start for Shields, Micah Hyde for Burnett, Julius Peppers for Matthews, Kenny Clark for Guion.
Big matchups for Rollins in Tate and Marvin Jones. He needs a good solid game for his confidence. No doubt Randall and Rollins are playmaking corners! Only thing is we haven't seen much of it this season so far anyway. This is a good game for them both to build up confidence going into bye week, they will need to bring their A games vs NYG and OBJ, Cruz and Sheppard.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so far the lion's play calling has been really predictable. but there's been receivers open and they've been converting.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I've never posted on a forum that has such little game thread discussion. haha.

Great start. Rodgers smiling, moving with swagger. Dangerous.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montgomery's heads up play, Randall with the strip, three TDs in three possessions...

The Packers are playing flawless football.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quentin Rollins might be really, really bad

Demarius Randall hasn't been on his game either and we need Burnett back big time right now. Gonna be tested heavily in 2 weeks against Odell Beckham Jr and Victor Cruz.

Rodgers may have only hit 200 yards today, but Randall Cobb and Trevor Davis put some big catches on the ground, so his numbers got a bit deflated, plus MM backed off perhaps a bit soon in the play calls. But all in all, Rodgers's decision-making looked much more crisp and his accuracy was much better.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers may have only hit 200 yards today, but Randall Cobb and Trevor Davis put some big catches on the ground, so his numbers got a bit deflated.

In my opinion Rodgers is mostly to blame for the incompletion to Cobb.

Did anyone notice who gave up the 2 sacks?

Bulaga gave up the one to Hyder while the second one occurred with Rodgers running the ball out of bounds short of the line of scrimmage.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't believe that would be considered a sack since he had broken the tackle box and essentially became a running back.

A quarterback running for negative yards is scored as a sack, even if he steps out of bounds untouched. On this play Haloti Ngata was credited with a sack as he was the one closest to Rodgers.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would NFL.com help?

2-8-GB 48 (10:17) 12-A.Rodgers sacked ob at GB 48 for 0 yards (92-H.Ngata).

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A quarterback running for negative yards is scored as a sack, even if he steps out of bounds untouched. On this play Haloti Ngata was credited with a sack as he was the one closest to Rodgers.
Yep... and if you watched the play... just as he stepped out of bounds Rodgers held the ball forward in an unsuccessful attempt to get the spot of the ball up to the line of scrimmage. It was pretty clear to me at the time that he was trying to keep a sack out of the books.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yep... and if you watched the play... just as he stepped out of bounds Rodgers held the ball forward in an unsuccessful attempt to get the spot of the ball up to the line of scrimmage. It was pretty clear to me at the time that he was trying to keep a sack out of the books.

I really doubt that the sack stat was really on his mind at the time, Rodgers and other players instinctively and smartly do that to gain more yards.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really doubt that the sack stat was really on his mind at the time, Rodgers and other players instinctively and smartly do that to gain more yards.
neither of us can prove what was on Rodgers mind, but he has said things in interviews before that lead me to believe that the sack stat is something he definitely thinks about in situations exactly like that. Add that to the fact that the spot of the ball after the play being at the line of scrimmage or 3 inches behind it would not affect the chances of getting the eventual first down on subsequent plays, leads me to believe that Rodgers was thinking about avoiding the sack. All I can say is go back and watch that play... Rodgers was clearly trying to get the ball past a specific point, the original line of scrimmage. The only reason for that would be to avoid a sack.

Members online

Latest posts