Week 2 - Detroit Here

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So apparently Lion fans are still salty about the refs. Even though the refs are the one that gave them their 1 and only TD. And apparently it was the refs fault that they went 1-6 in the redzone, and blew a 13 point lead.

And the bs hands to the face call... Oh really?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

H

HardRightEdge

Kenny Clark has been declared out for Week 2.

As of today (Friday), the OL remains a concern.

Patrick is listed as a full practice participant but questionable.
Turner was a limited participant and also questionable.
That's on top of Taylor looking like he's done for the year.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect that question to arise as the Packers will hold the Lions to under 30 points.

Lol, someone rated this post optimistic, but I think it's actually quite realistic. I kinda gave the Lions more power in the offense at first because I assumed their top receiver would be back. But with him out again for this one, I don't think they will touch 30.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a few hot takes for week 2

In Chicago ... Most boring game of the week here, Bears getting a cupcake vs the Giants

In Dolphins vs Bills ... Attention Ryan Santa Fitzbeard. Get off of the football field now and let Tua take over the team. Time to retire and get outta there ... NOW!

Panthers vs Bucs - Bridgewater vs Brady ... First game with the fireworks this weekend

Falcons and Cowboys both in a must win already in week 2. Although for Quinn, it's far more urgent.

49ers vs Jets - Might have to call a shocker here for the gangreen win

Broncos vs Steelers - slug fest brewing here

Rams vs Eagles - Over under is on the number of sacks Wentz takes this week

Vikes vs Colts - Meh

Jags vs Titans - Nashville style brawl here

Redskins vs Cardinals - who'd have thought a battle of unbeatens in red here?

Chiefs vs Chargers ... Chiefs are first lock to win of the week

Ravens vs Texans - Deshaun Watson better not be drunk punching it in this one

Pats at Seahawks : Fake Newton still can't throw the football

Raiders vs Saints - big shootout coming in this one with 45-41 type

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as we're making predictions:
I say we're overdue to put a beatdown on the kittens.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Tom Pelissero it's very uncertain that Billy Turner will be able to play today.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
With none or few fans in the stands, it will be interesting to see if Home wins are down this season. I think the league average over the years is something like 55-60% of the home teams win. Last week it was an even split of the 16 games, with 8 road winners.

Lets put one up in the W column for the home team this week.

Packers offense keeps rolling: Pack 42 - Lions 28

D

Deleted member 6794

With none or few fans in the stands, it will be interesting to see if Home wins are down this season. I think the league average over the years is something like 55-60% of the home teams win.

You're right, home teams have won 56.7% of the games over the past 10 seasons.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With none or few fans in the stands, it will be interesting to see if Home wins are down this season. I think the league average over the years is something like 55-60% of the home teams win. Last week it was an even split of the 16 games, with 8 road winners.

Lets put one up in the W column for the home team this week.

Packers offense keeps rolling: Pack 42 - Lions 28

I suppose the only home field advantage teams will have this year is the home teams don't have to travel. The big challenge for players is not being able to feed off their home crowds. You hear this repeated in all the team sports this year. The one advantage the visiting teams will enjoy is they don't have to worry about communication on the field. They won't have to practice using a silent count on offense. It was kinda funny Rodgers could induce the Vikings defenders to jump offsides at their place last week.

D

Deleted member 6794

The one advantage the visiting teams will enjoy is they don't have to worry about communication on the field.

They have to worry about opponents being able to listen to their communication though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They have to worry about opponents being able to listen to their communication though.

Must be why the Packers offense had to call like 4 timeouts last week to avoid delay of game penalties. Here I always thought that was due to the roar of the crowd. :rolleyes: :roflmao:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lions: OUT: WR Kenny Golladay (hamstring), CB Desmond Trufant (hamstring), G Joe Dahl (groin), TE Hunter Bryant (hamstring); QUESTIONABLE: T Halapoulivaati Vaitai (foot), S C.J. Moore (hamstring), CB Darryl Roberts (calf), DT Nick Williams (shoulder)

Packers: OUT: DT Kenny Clark (groin), G Lane Taylor (knee), WR Equanimeos St. Brown (knee), LB Randy Ramsey (groin); QUESTIONABLE: DE Montavius Adams (toe), G Billy Turner (knee), TE Josiah Deguara (shin/ankle), S Raven Greene (quad), C Lucas Patrick (shoulder)

Bill Turner is ACTIVE. Will he start at right tackle or right guard?

Packer inactives:
Lions Inactives:

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Coverage trend to watch today: Last week, the Packers played zone coverage 81% of the time, highest of any team in Week 1 (and their highest zone usage over the last 5 years). The Lions played man 82% of the time, highest of any team in Week 1.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:

Kenny Clark
Josiah Deguara
Jordan Love
Parry Nickerson
Randy Ramsey
Lane Taylor

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hope Love makes sure the water and gatorade bottles stay full.

I know you are just showing him some....Love. But do Packer fans really expect him to be active while both Rodgers and Boyle are healthy? As we saw last week, having an extra OL active is much more important than a rookie #3 QB.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, so far .....

The Good

Rodgers debunking the don't trust the other WRs narrative so far as that was Lazard who caught that 4th down play

The Bad

Mike Pettine not dialing up enough cover 0 blitzes on them

And Gute for not drafting enough DL and ILBs this year

Members online