we still could use a RB

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morency has been very disappointing this season. I know he hasn't had many chances, but he just doesn't seem to have any burst, or anything at all, for that matter. I still have hope for Brandon Jackson to at least be a decent third down back by the end of the year.

They do need more depth at that position, that's for sure. But they'll have to wait till the season is over to really prioritize their needs. Overall, things are looking pretty good depth-wise right now.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was referring to B-jack being a B-joke

I have no idea how long Grant's been in the league.

I know. I just wanted to pick on you a bit. I hope you can forgive me. :pray:

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Tiger said:
dhpackr you have to be the most negative fan on this forum!

huurraahhhh!! I guy in Ireland told me what kind of Packer fan I am!

your xenophobia is starting to get sad.

another terrific post!! I do not hate anybody, or anything. although Milwaukee is the most segregated city on the planet. I just point certain things out that are really quite obvious.

It doesn't really bother me to much when a guy from Ireland, who probably does not know to much about American Football, tells me what kind of Packer fan I am.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:
Tiger said:

It doesn't really bother me to much when a guy from Ireland, who probably does not know to much about American Football, tells me what kind of Packer fan I am.

Awesome.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:
Tiger said:

another terrific post!! I do not hate anybody, or anything. although Milwaukee is the most segregated city on the planet. I just point certain things out that are really quite obvious.

Tiger has shown more knowledge of american football in a handful of post's than ive ever seen in your entire 1450 posts. all you ever do is whine. about 595 of those post of yours are crying about another member needing to be banned because he told you that your post was ridiculous.

and with a 10-1 record... apparently all of your post were ridiculous.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
We need another RB if for no other reason than we cannot rely on Wynn.

If he toughens up it will be a pleasant surprise, but nobody should expect it.

i hope TT gets Turner from the Chargers

Reaction score

Would that be such a wise investment? You know some team is going to offer him boat load of money.

We don't need Turner to be paid like a #1 back, because I think Grant has proven that he can (and will) be a #1 back.

Instead, if the Packers feel like they'll need a RB because Wynn/B-Jack can't cut it, I wouldn't mind going after someone like Justin Fargas or perhaps Derrick Ward.

Also, if TT doesn't get Turner, it may be that Turner doesn't want to come to GB. No doubt he wants to start, and I would say right now it looks like Grant will be the starter for a long time to come. So that itself may make coming to GB unattractive.

Furthermore, the Packers preached the idea of developing players already on the team to improve. You look at the improvement in young players from last year to this year, it is quite probable that Wynn/B-Jack will improve enought o solidify the running back group.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Would that be such a wise investment? You know some team is going to offer him boat load of money.

We don't need Turner to be paid like a #1 back, because I think Grant has proven that he can (and will) be a #1 back.

Instead, if the Packers feel like they'll need a RB because Wynn/B-Jack can't cut it, I wouldn't mind going after someone like Justin Fargas or perhaps Derrick Ward.

Also, if TT doesn't get Turner, it may be that Turner doesn't want to come to GB. No doubt he wants to start, and I would say right now it looks like Grant will be the starter for a long time to come. So that itself may make coming to GB unattractive.

Furthermore, the Packers preached the idea of developing players already on the team to improve. You look at the improvement in young players from last year to this year, it is quite probable that Wynn/B-Jack will improve enought o solidify the running back group.

i just hope grant can stay healthy. he does not have the biggest body.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which back up do we have that may be off the injured list soonest?
It would be nice to be able to give Grant a breather and still have
a body back there to threaten a run.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

A few weeks ago I would've said that Turner should be #1 on the Packers free agent list. Not any longer. Turner is going to get a huge contract. Bigger than the one Ahman Green got with the Texans.

Ryan Grant is an RFA after the 2008 seasons which means the Packers are probably going to have to pay him a lot of money.

While it's important to have depth, in today's NFL you can't have 80 million dollars invested into a position that we probably don't need 2 guys at. It's just to much. The Packers do need to go for a backup. I do still like Noah Herron a lot but the Packers also need to be smart in spending their money. Look it the young players on our roster that we'll have to pay sooner rather than later.

I also doubt Turner goes anywhere unless he's given the starting job.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which back up do we have that may be off the injured list soonest?
It would be nice to be able to give Grant a breather and still have
a body back there to threaten a run.

yeah, a guy like the burner turner

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DH - Actually, I'd prefer we spent the money and effort on upgrading the OL than an RB.

If Wynn stays healthy, we have a solid #2 guy. Morency is a decent 3rd down back and so is Herron. B Jack may just develop yet. I wrote him off earlier in the year, and am now changing my opinion of him. I'm starting to like him.

Our OL however only really looked superb against Oakland. That's not saying much. I have yet to see our OL truly dominate when it comes to opening up the run other than last week against the Raiders, which no offense to their fans, but they're a really bad team.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DH - Actually, I'd prefer we spent the money and effort on upgrading the OL than an RB.

If Wynn stays healthy, we have a solid #2 guy. Morency is a decent 3rd down back and so is Herron. B Jack may just develop yet. I wrote him off earlier in the year, and am now changing my opinion of him. I'm starting to like him.

Our OL however only really looked superb against Oakland. That's not saying much. I have yet to see our OL truly dominate when it comes to opening up the run other than last week against the Raiders, which no offense to their fans, but they're a really bad team.

i still feel GB has a shot at drafting LT Chris Williams in the draft

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

Since when is 6-1, 224 small for a RB?

JMO, Grant could be bigger in his chest, arms, shoulders. If he is going to be the feature back in GB, he may want to muscle up some in the off season.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aytumious said:
dhpackr said:

Since when is 6-1, 224 small for a RB?

JMO, Grant could be bigger in his chest, arms, shoulders. If he is going to be the feature back in GB, he may want to muscle up some in the off season.

Grant is already ripped and he's bigger than most current NFL RB's. Look at the list of top rushers in the league:

Parker: 209
AP: 217
LT: 221
Westbrook: 203
McGahee: 232
Addai: 214
James: 220
Portis: 223

Dudes a beast already.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that we need someone in case Grant gets hurt, but the way the line has been blocking as of late, I think we could draft a player and not have to get a free agent..

But I am holding out to form a true opinion until the season is over..See how Grant holds up..He hasnt had to do this in the nfl yet, so he MIGHt wear down

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

i still feel GB has a shot at drafting LT Chris Williams in the draft

I don't know college, so I'll take your word for it. Clifton is good, but I think he's on his last legs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts