1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Watching the Redskins/Eagles game..

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Brandon, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Brandon

Brandon Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109
    Seems like this is the only active board, so I'm sorry topic isn't packer related. Just watched the Redskins get penalized twice and take two run offs instead of electing for their time outs.

Now, to me the second penalty looked intentional but none of the commentators said anything. With 40 seconds and in bad position, doesn't this benefit the offense who might not want to give the ball back?

2. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    What's wrong with RG3?

3. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    He's not 100% and didn't have any preseason prep, but Shanahan doesn't care. But we already know that when he refused to pull an obviously injured RG3 last year.

4. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    Oh, and we're going to win BIG next week. I'm saying 41-13

5. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +50
    I know I might get some flack but I'll say it anyway. I'm hoping we get RG3 on Sunday. You can tell he's not healthy and won't last very long this season. I say I'll rather face him because I think Cousins would do more damage with our uncertainty in defense and if the trend from last year continues we will make average QBs look like Payton Manning

6. gbpowner

gbpowner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +98
    Watching the Redskin run defense, I think even our OL can get Lacy 100yds! ;)

7. jeffhlewis

jeffhlewis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Milwaukee-based 'Skins fan here...heading to Lambeau this weekend for the game with a mix of 'Skins and Packers fan buddies.

Tonight's loss was pretty rough but I'm not too disheartened after seeing the team get back into stride in the second half. You don't win too many games with 4 turnovers...Griff seemed to shake off the rust in the second half but the team had dug a deep hole at that point. That Eagle's offense came out of nowhere, but I cannot see that continuing throughout the season with the way Vick was getting beat up. Interested to see how the 'Skins match up against a more traditional team in the Pack.

More than anything, hoping for a clean, competitive game. Should be a good one.

8. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    Shanahan isn't smart enough to realize RG3 isn't well enough to play yet. He doesn't care about his players and he never has. RG3 was clearly having problems planting and throwing and he had none of the explosiveness running that he had last year. He was lucky he didn't get hurt again. He should be on their PUP list because playing him now is a huge gamble.

But their biggest problems are horrible tackling and a lot of dropped passes. Morris is a concern, but I think our defense is more than up to the task. Jolly has brought that "nasty" back that had been missing from our DL since he left 3 years ago.

9. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +50
    I
    agree with Jolly. It's nice to see those big boys in there to stop the run. But we need to find ways to stop 3rd and any yardage. I hope the defense gets it together soon

10. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    RG III had no preseason and it was obvious at the start he was rusty. He shook off a lot of the rust as the game progressed.

11. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    We can seriously chalk up both PHI/WAS as wins. Morris/McCoy are the keys, and we just stonewalled Gore.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,489
    The cut that McCoy made on his touchdown run was incredible. He changed direction 90 degrees and then jumped over a player lightning quick. Wow