watch "Last day at Lambeau"

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you want Brett fans to have intelligent convos, you might want to start by using his real name.

Just a suggestion...You dont have to

BTW,

I would put 1000$ on the texting pic was not Brett
...why in gods name would brent raverervf not dispute the photos and allow people to think it was him? of course it was him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
c'mon... let's not play games here. "Brett fans intelligent convos"? Be 100% honest. When was the last time you had an "intelligent convo" with a favrint fan? They always go exactly like the one you are having above.

You have NO clue :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
...why in gods name would brent raverervf not dispute the photos and allow people to think it was him? of course it was him.

I am willing to put up $1000....$10,000 because I am so positive it isnt him..

So did you ever think that his pr people said, just dont say a word?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
"Brett fans intelligent convos" is an oxymoron.

You asked when did I have an intelligent convo with a Brett fan..

My answer is ----You REALLY have no clue how often I may or may not have an intelligent convo with a Brett fan :)

We get you hate him, I dont like him for things that he did.

but when I am sure some lies are being said, I will not add to it

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
c'mon... let's not play games here. "Brett fans intelligent convos"? Be 100% honest. When was the last time you had an "intelligent convo" with a favrint fan? They always go exactly like the one you are having above.

Another mature answer :)

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am willing to put up $1000....$10,000 because I am so positive it isnt him..

So did you ever think that his pr people said, just dont say a word?
no...that makes no sense. none. why would sterger say it? her *** would be sued in a second. unless it's not him but he was banging her...that's the only reason they wouldn't respond.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You asked when did I have an intelligent convo with a Brett fan..

My answer is ----You REALLY have no clue how often I may or may not have an intelligent convo with a Brett fan :)

We get you hate him, I dont like him for things that he did.

but when I am sure some lies are being said, I will not add to it

I don't feel compelled to even humor fvrer fans when it comes to brandt fvraar talk. I don't see the need to.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
...actually... I wasn't even kidding. ....hey...you think if you ask 45 times he'll answer your questions?:laugh::laugh::laugh:
...but... you're right...it's a...what? intelligent convo? :laugh::laugh:

Never said the intelligent convo is with Brett fans from here..

He just is embarrassed to answer me, because the "facts" he mentioned, seem to be just his opinion

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just an FYI

Maybe try to stop the name calling?

Hey we can disagree on whether or not the Packers could have handled the situation better or not, but guys that do stuff like this, I guess it gives them some sense of power that they lack elsewhere. Either that or they're still 11 years old, I'm not sure if there's an age limit to post here or not.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey we can disagree on whether or not the Packers could have handled the situation better or not, but guys that do stuff like this, I guess it gives them some sense of power that they lack elsewhere. Either that or they're still 11 years old, I'm not sure if there's an age limit to post here or not.

This explains it better than I could have. "Never said the intelligent convo is with Brett fans from here..."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Asked and answered time after time. You don't like my answers, we agree to disagree.

Umm no, you gave opinions..and how you assume things went down..

I gave detailed interviews from Brett, Ted and others...

I sent you a pm detailing the things I would like answered..

But here it is again

My (and Herd's) point precisely. . I take Favre for what he was, a great athlete who played his heart out for his team, whether they be ole Miss, Green Bay, NYJ, the Queens, that's what great football players do. He was a great Packer while he was here. If you think Green Bay handled his departure well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I do not share it. I've given specific examples of what they did which was unwise and worse unethical. I don't think any GM out there is saying......oh wow I hope when our franchise QB is at the end of his string we can handle it as well as Green Bay did. To those who say "oh well he should have just stayed retired", in the real world people can and do change their minds all the time, I don't hold that against anyone.

Brett was GREAT and prob the best to ever play the game

But that has no bearing on my issues with posters that only blame the Packers..

Ill start by things you said, that I would like more explaining from you to help me understand your side..

(the commissioner had to intervene and publicly explain Favre's contractual status and status under the collective bargaining agreement, and instruct Packer Management to stop being ridiculous)

This is the type of stuff I am talking about..I "assume" your opinion is the commish thought it was ridiculous..so is there a link quoting him to show me different?

This showed it was over a week that the commish tried to stay out of it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3517219

Commissioner Roger Goodell had held off on granting Favre's request for reinstatement for nearly a week, hoping Favre and the team could resolve their standoff.

Hardly something the commish would say IF he thought the Packers were ridiculous.

Planting stories that the Vikings had tampered, the league investigated and cleared the ViQueens. Planting stories that Favre had a secret cell phone (part of the whole "tampering" smear.) every day there was a new stupid action by the Packers

After reading this, can you elaborate your claim on how the Pack planted the story?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...rous-being-Brett-Favre-s-friend?urn=nfl,94315

But we'll start with Darrell Bevell, a friend of Favre's, a former coach of Favre's and currently the offensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings. He's at the center of the tampering allegations that the Packers have filed against the Vikings.

Meanwhile, ESPN.com has confirmed that the Packers have filed tampering charges with the NFL against the Minnesota Vikings, alleging "inappropriate dialogue" with offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a close friend of Favre's and a former Packers assistant.

The Vikings, according to a source, are expected to contend Bevell may have had conversations with Favre as a friend but had no involvement in discussing a job with the Vikings.

It's only tampering if Bevell talked with Favre about potentially playing for the Vikings. Even though Bevell is employed by the Vikings, it's perfectly legal for he and Favre to talk about anything else, like beard stubble that always seems to be the same length, Wrangler jeans, or what it might be like to re-enact the spaghetti scene from Lady and the ***** with John Madden.

It's hard to envision the existence of any conclusive proof that Favre and his pal Bevell talked about putting #4 in a purple uniform. It's a fun little twist in the story, but I don't see anything real coming of it.

On to another Favre friend, James Campen, who probably isn't a Favre friend anymore. Campen is the Packers offensive line coach, and Favre, during an unaired portion of his interview with Greta van Susteren, said that Campen told him something interesting.

"He says, 'You know, I know they told you they're moving on and playing there's not an option," Favre said, according to a full transcript of the interview obtained by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "Playing here in Green Bay is not an option, which that's what they want. They want to move on. But I'm telling you, if you reinstate or you force their hand, back them in a corner, they feel like they have no other option, they're going to accept you back.'

"And he said, 'Just telling you.' And I said, 'OK.'"
If Campen did say that, I'm sure he really appreciates Brett Favre passing it along to his ladyfriend Greta on FOX News. That could cost Campen his job, couldn't it? At the very least, it has to earn him the scorn of a lot of higher-ups in the Packers organization.

Most people knew Brett was talking to Bevell .....The Packers did nothing wrong by having the league investigate this..

This was the same time frame that Bretts inner circle business partner and owner of Bretts web site stated that Brett would come out of the tunnel in GB wearing purple..

Are you aware that the league gets MANY calls about illegal things going on, but the league only investigates a very very very small amount? So for the league to look into it, there had to evidence supplied by the Pack to make the league take notice

Did Brett throw Campen under the bus by airing their private convo to FOX news???? Campen was a friend, and their convo should have been kept private..To me that was embarrassing for Brett..

FINALLY pulled their head out of their butt to trade him (at a bargain basement price at this point due to their bungling)

They didnt want him to go to Minny, or Det, or Chicago...We all knew that...

He wanted to go to Tampa, and had convos with Gruden the night before which was all made public..and there were deals on him going to Tampa...
But we all know how tight Ted is with draft picks..So WHY would he only accept a bargain basement price from the Jets? If the Bucs wanted Brett ( I believe Gruden REALLY wanted him) why didnt they offer more then the Jets?

What bungling are you referring to?

It was embarrassing as a Packer fan to read how terrified they were at the prospect of ever having to face this guy again

And yes they tried to bury him in a place where they never would have to play him...Most teams would do that....He was still a very good q/b so WHY would they want to face him??

Why was it embarrassing to you, to read they were terrified?

Btw, I think terrifiing was never mentioned by MM or Ted..Something else I think was your opinion and not a quoted word...When you say those things, you are implying that it was a fact..

Management should have competently handled the situation without the kind of ****** cowardly theatrics I mentioned above ( and more ). They did not.

****** theatrics?? By trading him to a team they wouldnt face?

Wouldnt ****** theatrics be Brett going on FOX news and tossing a friend under the bus?

This is where I would like your train of thought on why Brett airing all of this is not theatrical, but the Packers, who only released a time line, is call ******

Does Favre warrant criticism? Yes he does, this thread is not about Favre peeves, it's about Packer peeves. I expect management to meet certain standards of competence and ethical behavior, in the Favre episode they failed miserably. It was a sad chapter for the franchise. If anyone can honestly defend the way the Packers handled it, all along the way, I just can't relate to your way of thinking.

Brett was a Packer so it is a peeve,

Brett and the team were wrong in how it was handled..

Hell, even Brett himself said he was at fault..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9351950/brett-favre-says-was-fault-messy-ending-green-bay-packers

It's over and done with. I was at fault. I feel that both sides had a part in it. If you could go back, would I or them have done things differently? I'm sure both sides would. But you can't

I am 100% in agreement with that..Both sides handled it wrong...VERY wrong..

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
" I am 100% in agreement with that..Both sides handled it wrong...VERY wrong.."

Sounds like we're in agreement. You say both sides handled it wrong, very wrong, that's my peeve, I wish the Packers had handled it correctly.

BTW Favre showed a lot of class owning up to his part of the debacle

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(I'm about done trying to educate people as to what actually went down, what FACTUALLY happened, not their green and gold goggled perception based on whatever perspective they have on the topic, or what column they can find or think they might remember a "sorta quote " from.... And here's a news flash for you, columnists get stuff wrong all the time, it's like having a blog as a source, it means NOTHING

But try this on for starters, in the eyes of the NFL,and contractually in other words LEGALLY..... in other words REALLY....Favre never retired from the Packers.....ever....the papers were never filed. That's what Roger Goodell had to explain to the brain trust handling this debacle for the Packers "hey fellas, quit being STUPID, HE'S NOT RETIRED" of course Roger had to put it a little more diplomatically than that, since he's hired by the owners,

That's one example.....FACT....

Your other answers are similarly out there I'm not going to spoon feed more to you

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(I'm about done trying to educate people as to what actually went down, what FACTUALLY happened, not their green and gold goggled perception based on whatever perspective they have on the topic, or what column they can find or think they might remember a "sorta quote " from.... And here's a news flash for you, columnists get stuff wrong all the time, it's like having a blog as a source, it means NOTHING

But try this on for starters, in the eyes of the NFL,and contractually in other words LEGALLY..... in other words REALLY....Favre never retired from the Packers.....ever....the papers were never filed. That's what Roger Goodell had to explain to the brain trust handling this debacle for the Packers "hey fellas, quit being STUPID, HE'S NOT RETIRED" of course Roger had to put it a little more diplomatically than that, since he's hired by the owners,

Your other answers are similarly out there I'm not going to spoon feed more to you

So you're suggesting that it's okay for a player to deliberately hold a press conference and publicly retire verbally, get on the cover of SI and every sports section cover of every newspaper in the country, get thousands of of accolades, etc. Sorry, but forget your "papers were never filed" load of crap. The team went through OTA's, mini-camps, etc. with Rodgers as the starter, but you're basically saying, "Screw Rodgers and the coaches, Favre comes first".

The hell he does. Here's what we know for sure ... had Favre remained the QB, there's no way that XLV happens, because he would have found yet another way to throw the season down the tubes before they ever even got there. FACT.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
" I am 100% in agreement with that..Both sides handled it wrong...VERY wrong.."

Sounds like we're in agreement. You say both sides handled it wrong, very wrong, that's my peeve, I wish the Packers had handled it correctly.

BTW Favre showed a lot of class owning up to his part of the debacle

Not in agreement in the sense you are talking about and you know this..

There is a BIG difference between you saying they were wrong and me saying they handled things wrong..Pack could have done a few things different, but the end result would have not changed.

Brett was wrong in thinking they would release him..He should have filed the papers, then a few weeks later try to get back in..

Pack could have held a press conference to explain what was going on...They were getting killed by Bretts pr machine and the really did nothing to counter punch it

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Fact was Goodell wanted to know if Brett still wanted to play and if the Packers wanted him to play for them..The two sides couldnt answer those questions the way it was going..

http://www.tsn.ca/olympics/story/?id=245163 He re-instated Brett to make the two sides to get to the point of those questions..That is why he forced it..Not forcing it to say the Packers were idiots.

You keep harping on the WSSP person stating insider info and claim it is wrong..I dont deny it could be wrong..But circumstances say it is possible....Yet a lot of thing things you bring up were produced by the Brett pr machine..

Why cant you nit pick my post asking for your explanation on things? that is all I am asking...I want to know how and why you come to conclusions where in black and white those conclusions make no sense..Unless you just want to say I believe Brett and that is it.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not in agreement in the sense you are talking about and you know this..

There is a BIG difference between you saying they were wrong and me saying they handled things wrong..Pack could have done a few things different, but the end result would have not changed.

Brett was wrong in thinking they would release him..He should have filed the papers, then a few weeks later try to get back in..

Pack could have held a press conference to explain what was going on...They were getting killed by Bretts pr machine and the really did nothing to counter punch it

THIS!!! And why wouldn't it have changed?????

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THIS!!! And why wouldn't it have changed?????

I've never said the Packers were wrong to go from Favre to Rogers as their QB, it may have been premature, but that's one of those things we'll never ever know.

What I have said was I wish they had HANDLED (managed) the situation better. The final result would have still been the same as far as who the packers QB was. I believe they would have gotten higher compensation and not have caused all the damage to the franchise if they had MANAGED/HANDLED things better. I'm not seeing where we disagree.

I see plenty of fault with Favre, ( and I did long long before this happened, I remember how Packer fans would crow with glee about the latest cowboy nabbed for drugs or cluck cluck cluck about Randy Moss allegedly smoking pot, but Brett does the whole booze and pill thing and gets a free pass, Paul Hornung in his book talks about Favre swilling down booze while he's still in the program and neither the league the Packers or "fans" make a peep. The Packers enabled a bunch of,the retirement drama by not nipping it in the bud YEARS earlier. Sherman tolerated it, so did Ted Thompson).

My issue is not with some jock who's been put on a pedestal since he was 12 years old, my issue is with the professional management of the franchise. They did not do a good job in my opinion. Period.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never said the Packers were wrong to go from Favre to Rogers as their QB, it may have been premature, but that's one of those things we'll never ever know.

What I have said was I wish they had HANDLED (managed) the situation better. The final result would have still been the same as far as who the packers QB was. I believe they would have gotten higher compensation and not have caused all the damage to the franchise if they had MANAGED/HANDLED things better. I'm not seeing where we disagree.

I see plenty of fault with Favre, ( and I did long long before this happened, I remember how Packer fans would crow with glee about the latest cowboy nabbed for drugs or cluck cluck cluck about Randy Moss allegedly smoking pot, but Brett does the whole booze and pill thing and gets a free pass, Paul Hornung in his book talks about Favre swilling down booze while he's still in the program and neither the league the Packers or "fans" make a peep. The Packers enabled a bunch of,the retirement drama by not nipping it in the bud YEARS earlier. Sherman tolerated it, so did Ted Thompson).

My issue is not with some jock who's been put on a pedestal since he was 12 years old, my issue is with the professional management of the franchise. They did not do a good job in my opinion. Period.

1-Well no we do know, look at the outcome for the Packers from moving on. They had One, I repeat, ONE down season and have made the playoffs every year since after moving on from a soon to be HOF QB. How many teams can say that?

2- This is what we don't know and is purely speculation. It is what it is... He was a 40 yr old QB who's play in Dec/Jan had been on the decline for years, I'm not sure what you were expecting. I would argue we got incredible value for him based on what the pick we got for him resulted in (this is not speculation, this is what ACTUALLY happened)... Clay Matthews aka the Packers current BEST defensive player. And I'm curious as to what "damage" this caused the franchise? Having a franchise QB for the next decade plus? Winning a Super Bowl? I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

3- Please stop with the Brett is just a player so he shouldnt be held accountable for what he's done crap. He was a grown @$$ man who knew exactly what he was doing. He didn't like that he wasn't coddled by the new management like he was under Sherman, and wanted to take his ball and go home.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1-Well no we do know, look at the outcome for the Packers from moving on. They had One, I repeat, ONE down season and have made the playoffs every year since after moving on from a soon to be HOF QB. How many teams can say that?

2- This is what we don't know and is purely speculation. It is what it is... He was a 40 yr old QB who's play in Dec/Jan had been on the decline for years, I'm not sure what you were expecting. I would argue we got incredible value for him based on what the pick we got for him resulted in (this is not speculation, this is what ACTUALLY happened)... Clay Matthews aka the Packers current BEST defensive player. And I'm curious as to what "damage" this caused the franchise? Having a franchise QB for the next decade plus? Winning a Super Bowl? I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

3- Please stop with the Brett is just a player so he shouldnt be held accountable for what he's done crap. He was a grown @$$ man who knew exactly what he was doing. He didn't like that he wasn't coddled by the new management like he was under Sherman, and wanted to take his ball and go home.

Exactly... Still wondering why on earth anyone would be soooo worked up over what is perceived as some sort of little misstep the "Packer's management" did to this millionaire pro-athlete that's show he's a classless POS?! Of all the legit things a Packer fan could question.... draft picks, price of beer, parking pass costs... pink ****** cakes instead of green and cold... we should really worry about how this POS was maybe just maybe slighted in some sort of way? Really? I think we need to petition for green and gold brent favrfe shaped ****** cakes.