Useless stat of the day......opponents are 22-25 on FGs.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, it's pretty much money in the bank when opposing teams kick field goals against the Packers. Seems like it's been that way for a few years now.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is very interesting. I'm gonna pull part of a post from another forum I visit:

Jason Hanson's kicking stats vs. Division
* vs Chicago: 45/60 (.750)
* vs Minnesota: 50/66 (.758)
* vs Green Bay: 52/57 (.913)

How ridiculous is that? Is there something wrong with GB's FG coverage? Something?

How does he have that much better accuracy out in the elements than he does in domes?

Kleos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Hanson's .913 pct at first blush looks bad; it could mean a high number of defensive stops inside the Red zone. Stat's can lie just lie political polls

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
This is very interesting. I'm gonna pull part of a post from another forum I visit:

How ridiculous is that? Is there something wrong with GB's FG coverage? Something?

How does he have that much better accuracy out in the elements than he does in domes?

GB's FG coverage? WTF???

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps the Packer D creates less push up front in field goal situations than other teams do.
Other than that I'm at a complete loss as to why opposing field goal kickers are more successful against us.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
While Hanson's .913 pct at first blush looks bad; it could mean a high number of defensive stops inside the Red zone. Stat's can lie just lie political polls

I thought this exact same thing..

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

GB's FG coverage? WTF???

We need to start having some defenders hang off the uprights and try to knock the ball down from now on. We'll put 3 standing on the bottom Bar and 2 on each of the uprights.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre was only sacked 15 times this season which was the second lowest of his career (not including Atlanta year because he didnt play) the lowest was in 2004 with 12. Wouldnt you think he would have been sacked more since the run game was pretty nonexisent until Grant showed up. We also ran alot of 4-5 WR sets and threw the ball alot.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I mentioned this in the game-day thread yesterday. It seemed to me that no matter where the kick was coming from, it's good against the Pack. Ever since Edinger from 56 or something against the Pack last year, I guess...haha...

Members online

Latest posts