Uniform Change?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should the Packers tinker with the unis? Maybe a darker green and yellow? Take the stripe off the pants and just go dark yellow? I saw the Bucs new helmet and ill admit it, that chrome facemask is legit. Maybe green pants with a dark yellow jersey?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the road, I wouldn't mind seeing the pants be dark green with the white jersey, instead of the mustard yellow and white jersey.

I don't want to change the home uniforms as I love the green & yellow.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The uniforms are great, don't change a thing . FIX THE DEFENSE !!

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way. Too much history and tradition with the Packers, regardless of how ugly the yellow can be at times. I love it how when Nike's representatives showed up two years ago with prototype designs for the Packers, the team told them to go off themselves. These new jerseys with this ridiculous zig-zag razor blade crap on the collars is horrible. The team told them to take their new designs and get lost and I'm glad. I didn't so much mind the G on the sleeves from 1984 - 1987, but the yellow stripe down the pant leg and the number on them, was really bad.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd still like the mustard yellow to change to goldish more..... see how that looks with the green.
I guess it would be more like the Baylor colors:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Ron Wolf and Bob Harlan attempted to do a huge makeover on the uniforms back in the '90s, then, during the 11th hour, they reneged on the deal. Here's what Ron Wolf said in an interview back then:

"I never liked the yellow color in the Packers scheme," Wolf said. "NFL books say it's 'green and gold' but anybody can see it's a Michigan kind of yellow, of maize, which didn't sit well with me.

"I put together a proposal to change Green Bay uniforms, replacing the yellow with a gold much like we see on Rams uniforms and helmets. There were some other changes but I wasn't messing with the "G' on Packers helmets."

Everything was approved by the seven-member executive committee that operates the Packers. All I had to do was give the go-ahead.

"I repeatedly looked over drawings of the new Packers uniform, thinking I would soon be pulling the trigger on changes. But, after a little more thought, decided it just didn't fly. We needed to fix what was truly broken. What we really had to have was better people on the field."

Oddly, while I was searching for a picture of the Harlan/Wolf proposed uniforms, I came across this interesting blog post (mildly put). It has a lot of opinion interjected into it, but the blogger showcases the uniform campaign and even a letter from Bob Harlan documenting his desired amendments with pictures and outlines.

http://packersuniforms.blogspot.com/2009/02/uniform-change-that-wasnt.html

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't change the Uni's but I do have a question... Aaron said that the throwback pants are the most comfortable pants he has ever worn, so why can't they use this material on the normal pants?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think,

1. noun

noun: uniform; plural noun: uniforms

1. 1.

the distinctive clothing worn by members of the same organization or body or by children attending certain schools.

"airline pilots in dark blue uniforms"
synonyms

costume, livery, regalia, suit, ensemble, outfit;

The Green Bay Packers are an American football team based in Green Bay, Wisconsin. They are members of the North Division of the National Football Conference (NFC) in the National Football League (NFL). Green Bay is the third-oldest franchise in the NFL, having been organized and playing in 1919.[5] The Packers are the only non-profit, community-owned major league professional sports team in the United States.

The Green Bay Packers were founded on August 11, 1919[1] by former high-school football rivals Earl "Curly" Lambeau and George Whitney Calhoun.[7] Lambeau solicited funds for uniforms from his employer, the Indian Packing Company.

The Green Bay Packers saga began in 1921 as one of the first teams in the NFL. They are the third oldest team. The nickname Packers came about when the Indian Packing Company out of Green Bay, Wisconsin, agreed to sponsor a local pro football team. They stared out in the league with yellow and blue jerseys, and didn't actually get uniform numbers until the 1925 season. During the early years they were always changing the uniform design, and it has become difficult to find any photographs of the early jerseys. The Green Bay Packers started wearing the color green in place of blue for the 1935 season; the blue uniform would slowly fade away by the mid 1950's.

In 1950, the home jerseys were a bright green with gold lettering. They wore shiny green pants with a gold stripe. At this point there were still a lot of changes in the uniform, and it did not seem so uniform. The Packers have gone through a series of uniform changes over the years, but they have consistently used the color yellow. In 1959, new head coach Vince Lombardi introduced the plain style jerseys that we are familiar with today. The tradition dark green home jersey was here to stay. In 1961 the first and only helmet logo was introduced to the organization. Since then only small modifications and different patches have been worn.

Anyway, that's what I really think on the subject.

Signed,

Captaingooglemeister

Members online

Latest posts