Undrafted Free Agent Pick Ups 2018

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman Badie had a workout session with the packers. 4.3 speed, but very little tape on him. If he plays as fast as he runs, I'd like for him to be included in the UFA groups. Could bring that IT factor like a Tarik Cohen/Tyreek Hill type player. Any Tulane fans watch this kid play?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Like Jeff Janis ;)

I was hoping we could sign Sutton as an UDFA, but I think he got drafted?

While we missed out on Sutton I overall feel pretty good on how the whole thing played out. I like all the additions in the first 3 rounds along with getting an additional 1st round pick next year. The defense with Pettine along with acquisitions should improve. I just hope Alexander can stay healthy.

I am happy and excited about the mid-late round group of receivers Gute accumulated way more then past drafts. I belive at least one of the three will hit big. This group of three have much more to offer then past groups IMO.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How about you break down the 2019 draft and tell us how the Packers screwed up every pick.

While we missed out on Sutton I overall feel pretty good on how the whole thing played out. I like all the additions in the first 3 rounds along with getting an additional 1st round pick next year. The defense with Pettine along with acquisitions should improve. I just hope Alexander can stay healthy.

I am happy and excited about the mid-late round group of receivers Gute accumulated way more then past drafts. I belive at least one of the three will hit big. This group of three have much more to offer then past groups IMO.

I hope you know I am just poking fun at you for your enthusiasm for Sutton. ;)

I truly hope he becomes a Pro Bowler, after he flops in Denver and signs as a free agent with the Packers at veteran minimum of course. :)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I hope you know I am just poking fun at you for your enthusiasm for Sutton. ;)

I truly hope he becomes a Pro Bowler, after he flops in Denver and signs as a free agent with the Packers at veteran minimum of course. :)

Sutton probably will bomb in Denver. He isnt going into the best situation. So much of this stuff is scheme specific.

Also, as much as I like Sutton I wouldn't trade him for a second across the board for the 3 guys we got. I believe were gonna be okay at WR.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sutton probably will bomb in Denver. He isnt going into the best situation. So much of this stuff is scheme specific.

Also, as much as I like Sutton I wouldn't trade him for a second across the board for the 3 guys we got. I believe were gonna be okay at WR.
That sounds like post draft "hedging" to me? ;)

Reaction score
Hey now! Brandon of anyone deserves to Hedge himself with middle round talent WR's after what he's been through with Sutton! :laugh:J/K!

(I'm still scratching my head how I ended up not picking one draft player out of 20 options! :cry:)

At one point I was close with both LS Carew and K Eddie Peneiro :whistling:.

Last edited:

Libertarian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the 10 years or so that I’ve been following the draft pretty closely, one thing I’ve noticed about UDFA’s is that fans always want the guys they’ve heard of, but the guys who tend to surprise and push for a roster spot are usually the guys that no one has heard of.
Couldn't agree re more. Usually it's the over looked prospects that came from small schools, weren't on the field due to injuries, had limited opportunities, etc that make a splash. The players from major programs are scouted better and more predictable because they played against better competition. Hard to project how a guy from d2 is going to fare against people he can't easily dominate just by being a better athlete. We also need to keep expectations low. Even for UDFA that make the roster it's very rare they have a sizeable impact. Everyone's will undoubtedly be getting over excited thinking we have the next John Randle after reports they made a splash play at 1 offseason practice.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey now! Brandon of anyone deserves to Hedge himself with middle round talent WR's after what he's been through with Sutton! :laugh:J/K!

(I'm still scratching my head how I ended up not picking one draft player out of 20 options! :cry:)

At one point I was close with both LS Carew and K Eddie Peneiro :whistling:.
Ha! I pulled the big donut three years in a row. It’s easy to not hit on anyone!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Bob McGinn’s website gave Tyler Lancaster a lot of love. He will be battling Looney and others for the 6th DL spot.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the 10 years or so that I’ve been following the draft pretty closely, one thing I’ve noticed about UDFA’s is that fans always want the guys they’ve heard of, but the guys who tend to surprise and push for a roster spot are usually the guys that no one has heard of.

Naturally. You can’t want a player you’ve never heard of :p

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I didn't see his name on the UDFA list, but appears the Packers also signed form Badger DL Conor Sheehy.

6' 4" 290 lbs. Big, smart, strong guy, but really only a run stuffer, not a pass rusher at all.

Members online

Latest posts