Undrafted Free Agent Pick Ups 2018

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2018 Packers UDFAs Signed Thus Far

UDFA Signings (14)
Returning First-Year Players (10)
Tryout Players (16)
Whose left? Who should we pick up? Who is the most likely to make the team?

Last edited:

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • Packers signed:

• G Jacob Alsadek, Arizona
  • ILB Marcus Porter, Fairmont State

Last edited:

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we drafted 3 wideouts but I still like Simmie Cobbs and Allen Lazard better than all 3. Cant believe they weren't drafted. Joe Ostman would be a sweet pickup. Sean Welsh could come in and compete for a backup role on interior line right away.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From 247sports.com:

OL Jacob Alsadek, Arizona
DL Tyler Lancaster, Northwestern
EDGE C.J. Johnson, East Texas Baptist
OLB Marcus Porter, Fairmount State
TE Kevin Radar, Youngstown State
DB Raven Greene, James Madison
DB Chris Seisay, Oregon
C Austin Davis, Duke

Last edited:

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From 247sports.com:

OL Jacob Alsadek, Arizona
DL Tyler Lancaster, Northwestern
OLB Garrett Dooley, Wisconsin
EDGE C.J. Johnson, East Texas Baptist
OLB Marcus Porter, Fairmount State
TE Kevin Radar, Youngstown State
DB Raven Greene, James Madison
DB Chris Seisay, Oregon
C Austin Davis, Duke

I like how we got another Badger for our pass rush
False. Dooley signed with Vikings.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I was actually hoping the Packers would either draft (late) or sign Long Snapper Tanner Carew, but the Pack drafted Hunter Bradley and the SeaHawks signed Carew.

Hoping Bradley turns out to be the better player and puts some stability to the position that very few think about, but can change a game in a......snap.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After having 20 picks in the draft, I feel like this may be the year that we don't sign an UDFA.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have liked:

CB Holton Hill
LB Skai Moore
C/G Sean Welsh
G/C Will Clapp
G KJ Malone
CB JC Jackson
G Skyler Phillips
DL Trenton Thompson
QB Nic Shimonek

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Benkert signed with the Falcons.
Hill signed with Raiders.
Stevens with the Redskins
Coleman with the Texans

Think I will stop now....LOL...seems your list is old? :whistling:

Blame it on NFL.com

I'll be upset though if we don't do something about making a massive backup QB upgrade this season. Zone read offense QBs are awful in the NFL and need to be eradicated pronto off of this team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Blame it on NFL.com

I'll be upset though if we don't do something about making a massive backup QB upgrade this season. Zone read offense QBs are awful in the NFL and need to be eradicated pronto off of this team.

Well I doubt we would improve our QB depth that much through an UDFA. I am hoping Kizer is better than Hundley, who is still a Packer and then there is Callahan who I don't see sticking around very long. Tim Boyle is a guy that had in for a predraft visit, went right out and signed him, so they must like him. Hard to tell much from his draft profile. But he is 6' 4", 230 lbs, has a cannon for an arm and worked in a Pro Set offense, so a good starting spot. I'm not going to get too excited about Boyle, but if you watch the highlights, notice the touch he puts on the ball. Some of those passes are laid in there perfectly.

If you zoom in closely on his wristband, at first glance it looks like plays, but it actually just says "Don't Be a Hundley".

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I doubt we would improve our QB depth that much through an UDFA. I am hoping Kizer is better than Hundley, who is still a Packer and then there is Callahan who I don't see sticking around very long. Tim Boyle is a guy that had in for a predraft visit, went right out and signed him, so they must like him. Hard to tell much from his draft profile. But he is 6' 4", 230 lbs, has a cannon for an arm and worked in a Pro Set offense, so a good starting spot. I'm not going to get too excited about Boyle, but if you watch the highlights, notice the touch he puts on the ball. Some of those passes are laid in there perfectly.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I'd certainly think he oughtta be given a fair shake by our coaches to see if he at least has Flynn's capabilities. If he can at least get the concept of stepping up in the pocket, that alone is an upgrade over Hundley.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'd certainly think he oughtta be given a fair shake by our coaches to see if he at least has Flynn's capabilities. If he can at least get the concept of stepping up in the pocket, that alone is an upgrade over Hundley.
McCarthy likes his QB projects and so far Hundley has proved to be a failure, Callahan was all over the place, so it wouldn't surprise me to see Boyle on the PS come September, if he shows something in pre-season. With all the WR's we just drafted, we are going to need all the arms we can get. :)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
In the 10 years or so that I’ve been following the draft pretty closely, one thing I’ve noticed about UDFA’s is that fans always want the guys they’ve heard of, but the guys who tend to surprise and push for a roster spot are usually the guys that no one has heard of.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In the 10 years or so that I’ve been following the draft pretty closely, one thing I’ve noticed about UDFA’s is that fans always want the guys they’ve heard of, but the guys who tend to surprise and push for a roster spot are usually the guys that no one has heard of.
Like Jeff Janis ;)

I was hoping we could sign Sutton as an UDFA, but I think he got drafted?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I only want guys on the practice squad that I never heard of. Of course I can't tell you who they are for obvious reasons but that's who I want alright.