Two Scenarios: Pick One

H

HardRightEdge

IMontgomery is the new GBP Paul Hornung.
As in 9 carries and 1 catch per game over his career? Or Hornung's high water mark of 13 carries and 2 catches per game in 1960? Funny...15 touches is my prescription for Montgomery. I do not recommend Montgomery kick FGs.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As in 9 carries and 1 catch per game over his career? Or Hornung's high water mark of 13 carries and 2 catches per game in 1960? Funny...15 touches is my prescription for Montgomery. I do not recommend Montgomery kick FGs.

When Paul wasn't carrying, catching, or throwing, he was blocking for the Pack's real running back. :)

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to know what Eddie is doing now, anyone know? He has between now and March to get himself in shape if he wants to maximize what teams are willing to sign him for.
Problem with Lacy is he WAS in shape in April & May... but when he came back in July he was in shape but with an additional 20 lbs. from May.

I hope TT doesn't even consider re-signing him... a contract year, worked his *** off to lose weight and get into shape all spring... and then isn't smart enough to hire a cook to keep him from eating like crap!

To answer the OP's question: Monty, re-sign Michael to compete with a late round pick and 2 or 3 UDFA's.

Sky King

Reaction score
Maybe there's been a little more emphasis on the perception of Lacy's weight rather than his performance. He ran well this year up until the injury, better than he had the year before. He may have looked the same in appearance but he sure had been running better.

Half Empty's implication that a backfield combo of Lacy, Montgomery and Michael (along with Rip) could potentially be a formidable group seems interesting to me, as well. It would also be one less hole for TT to try filling through the next draft.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't sign Lacy to a multiyear deal... but if he strikes out with other teams, I would offer him an incentive based one year deal.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im hoping lacys market price is lower than expeted. then we might get another affordable 1 or 2 year prove it contract.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously? Comparing Rodgers and Lacy? Come on man!

Lacy still has more yards then AR @ 360 and had a 5.1/carry ave.

Rodgers currently has 314 yards, not sure what they were when Lacy was hurt, but doesn't matter to me.
OK my bad.
Your right.

Still though, it's something to consider and to be impressed when the QB of the team is in the top three of the rushing yards for the season.

D

Deleted member 6794

I personally don't know a whole lot about Michael as I haven't researched his stats, but I would like to see what he can do behind the Packers O line. I want Montgomery to stay around as well. Can we put Lacy on kick off and punt returns....................

Lacy most likely wouldn´t be able to get out of the end zone before the first opponent makes contact with him.

Price and contract duration matters.

But since you did not qualify the question, without monetary considerations on a one year contract, it's Lacy hands down. Not even close. Michael doesn't present much of a choice. If the choice were some unnamed 3rd. round pick, then we'd have to see who that is.

Personally, I don't care if Lacy maintains his current weight if the quick feet are there. He was in much better shape this season than in 2015 as evidenced by his much improved quickness. There's a big difference between chowing down between couch sessions and chowing down between workouts. It showed.

While Lacy performed on a significant better level this season than in 2015 him being overweight most likely contributed to the ankle injury. With him not being committed to stay in shape even in a contract year I would prefer the Packers to move on.

I would love to know what Eddie is doing now, anyone know? He has between now and March to get himself in shape if he wants to maximize what teams are willing to sign him for. I really don't think the ankle is going to be as much of a concern as his weight and conditioning.

Lacy has stayed in Green Bay since suffering the season ending ankle injury and is currently wearing a walking boot but was able to ditch the scooter to get around this week.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've noticed he has a lot more giveaways of his hulk inspired and green and yellow run eddie run merchandise lately. Maybe it's the Holiday spirit that has him, or maybe he realizes he might as well give it to people that want it, because he won't be able to sell those colors next year with a different team?

Either way, i'm disappointed. I thought he'd be a slug when we drafted him. he quickly changed my mind and became one of my favorites on the team. I still like him and his style a lot. wish he could lose the 30, and commit to keeping his body healthy. Doesn't need to be skinny, but you can't live off crap and expect it to withstand an NFL season. He has quick feet and can run with power. I don't need to describe his running style, we've all seen what he can be. But without a commitment to his body, his craft will always suffer. Those ankles won't take him thru a complete season and if those are always damaged, it's probably just a matter of time till a knee is affected enough to give way.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
OK my bad.
Your right.

Still though, it's something to consider and to be impressed when the QB of the team is in the top three of the rushing yards for the season.

I would rather have Lacy, Monty and Michaels ahead of him ;)

You are right, Rodgers running ability has always impressed me, he typically can get away with it without taking a hit, but on Sunday he did twice and that part of it always gets me out of my seat. Since his leg injuries, he isn't the runner he was earlier in the year and that has and may continue to cost the Packers a few first downs along the way. News out of GB is that his injuries "feel better", but I would rather see the RB's do the running from here on out and keep AR healthy. Unless of course he sees that "easy first down" and can pick it up without being touched.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lacy most likely wouldn´t be able to get out of the end zone before the first opponent makes contact with him.

:roflmao:

While Lacy performed on a significant better level this season than in 2015 him being overweight most likely contributed to the ankle injury. With him not being committed to stay in shape even in a contract year I would prefer the Packers to move on.

As things currently stand, I agree. However, wouldn't you consider him if it was a reasonably price contract with a lot of incentives? If Lacy can get himself in shape (again), with Monty and maybe even Michaels on the Roster, I don't see the need to rely on Eddie nearly as much as we had to in the past. This would keep him fresher and would be a formidable 1-2 (and 3) punch IMO.

Lacy has stayed in Green Bay since suffering the season ending ankle injury and is currently wearing a walking boot but was able to ditch the scooter to get around this week.
I had read that too, I was wondering more along the lines of what is he doing with his diet and conditioning? A walking boot shouldn't prevent him from lifting weights, eating right and even getting in the swimming pool. That part I am curious about. Because if he is just laying on his couch eating fried food and drinking beer......then it really is time to say goodbye. He really seems to lack commitment to the game and the team and as "nice" as that Tony Horton program was, it wasn't enough alone.

D

Deleted member 6794

As things currently stand, I agree. However, wouldn't you consider him if it was a reasonably price contract with a lot of incentives? If Lacy can get himself in shape (again), with Monty and maybe even Michaels on the Roster, I don't see the need to rely on Eddie nearly as much as we had to in the past. This would keep him fresher and would be a formidable 1-2 (and 3) punch IMO.

I had read that too, I was wondering more along the lines of what is he doing with his diet and conditioning? A walking boot shouldn't prevent him from lifting weights, eating right and even getting in the swimming pool. That part I am curious about. Because if he is just laying on his couch eating fried food and drinking beer......then it really is time to say goodbye. He really seems to lack commitment to the game and the team and as "nice" as that Tony Horton program was, it wasn't enough alone.

I would be fine with re-signing Lacy to a moderate, heavy incentive laden contract but I expect at least another team to offer him a lucrative long-term deal with significant guaranteed money which I don´t want the Packers to match. I have no idea about Lacy´s conditioning at the moment but I take the scooter not breaking down over the last few weeks as a positive sign.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have no idea about Lacy´s conditioning at the moment but I take the scooter not breaking down over the last few weeks as a positive sign.

Latest image out of Green Bay of Lacy on his scooter, this might be a good sign?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another example of stats being next to useless. You have no idea how good Hornung was. At the start of his career and at the end of it for several years he hardly played. He could do it all and was a great blocker for Taylor. Lombardi once said that Hornung was the best around the goal line. That he could just sense it.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montgomery is the new GBP Paul Hornung.

Way too early to be compared to a legend.

Or resign Christian Michael and let him compete with Ty Montgomery for the feature back role next season?

Honestly I've seen one good run from CM till now. Despite his talent he's been cut from 5 teams in 3 years. I wouldn't trust him to be anything more than #3 RB in depth charts.