1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

two packers released today

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Apr 26, 2010.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,039
    The Green Bay Packers sent out a press release this afternoon from GM Ted Thompson stating that they have released linebacker Jeremy Thompson due to medical concerns.

The player will retire. Thompson said: "Ideally, I would love to keep playing but the risk is just too high and I would like be able to hold my wife and play with my kids after football.

Thompson also said that the injury last year "was a serious injury that left permanent damage to my neck and spine."

Also the packers released TE Devin Frischknecht, Frischknecht was having a solid training camp when he suffered a broken right tibia and fibula in a pre-season game against Buffalo. He spent the season on injured reserve.

Thompson played in 15 games over the 2008-09 seasons, making 15 tackles from scrimmage and three stops on special teams.

“I have consulted with a number of physicians, and due to my medical condition my intention is to retire from football,” Jeremy Thompson said in a statement released by the Packers. “I am thankful to the Packers organization and to the fans for their support during my time in Green Bay. The Packers are a first-class organization and I want to thank them for the opportunity to play in the NFL. There truly is no team I would have rather played for.”

2. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    It's really too bad how thompson's career went, he was a real athletic freak, I was still hoping he would get a shot at the OLB/ DE rotation this year.