TT in trouble for "tampering"

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They just said on the news that TT might be charged by the NFL with tampering for going after that Seattle safety BEFORE free agency. But fortunatly, the safety's agent is denying that there was any deal done between him and the Packers, so maybe TT will dodge a bullett!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh i bet they have been talking and if hes denying it i think there might be a good chance he will be with us come free agency

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Over on PFT.com they stated if GM and Agents are working behind the scenes to get deals done then they are already one foot in the grave of losing the battle.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, his agent is denying that.

FA rumors amuse me.

5 million for ahman green! That was bogus as hell..
10 million for no-name safety! That sounds about right. Cmon now...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hypothetical conversations, every single one of them. If per chance your client were to someday become a free agent ;) ;) ;) , what kind of contract structure do you suppose, hypothetically speaking of course, would stike his interest." "Well, I suppose if my client were to become a free agent he would be seeking something in the ball park of X dollars and y years with z bonus and guarantees..." Interesting, well just for ***** and giggles, here is how our team would probably respond..."

Yeah, that is exactly how every one of those conversations around the league between agents and teams before the CBA was signed went -- there was no tampering :D

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this TAMPERING thing will force TT to not sign Marquand, and get us a real safety.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Maybe this TAMPERING thing will force TT to not sign Marquand, and get us a real safety.

I underlined the important part.....

Marquand is certainly no LeRoy Butler, and barely a Darren Sharper.....
He'd have to earn his stripes with me...

Curious how they go after the only Team (about TT, that is) who doesn't have a Sole Owner... eh? Maybe not....

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jim McMahon contributed to the 96 Packers as well. He must have been good.

Back to Ted:

You have to understand(Sigh).

Ted did not make the call. An administrative assistant made the call. That employee was confused about the many changes in the starting point of free agency. With all the last minute changes they could not keep track of the constanly changing time and do their job at the same time.

Once you are high enough in an organization only expense accounts and members of the opposite sex can get you in trouble.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Jim McMahon contributed to the 96 Packers as well. He must have been good.

Back to Ted:

You have to understand(Sigh).

Ted did not make the call. An administrative assistant made the call. That employee was confused about the many changes in the starting point of free agency. With all the last minute changes they could not keep track of the constanly changing time and do their job at the same time.

Once you are high enough in an organization only expense accounts and members of the opposite sex can get you in trouble.

Amen to that!

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a situation where someone opened their mouth, that should have kept it shut. I don't doubt that a deal is already done, and most teams DO that.......but someone broke the silence that should have kept quiet.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I think it's a situation where someone opened their mouth, that should have kept it shut. I don't doubt that a deal is already done, and most teams DO that.......but someone broke the silence that should have kept quiet.

Yea - I postd this thought on our web site -- I figured it was a Reporter who walked by the wrong room and heard something they aren't supposed to... then blabbed for that BIG story.... it's called creative license, ya know!

If it was a low-level worker inside the Org, then he's sweepin' floors right about now, I would think.

I say the whole thing should just go away. Only some of the other Richey-Rich Owners might not want it to go away (...right, Jerry?) This is definitely political, tho'....

We'll see......

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh....it is, for sure! The "rich" guys get away with it, while small market teams get in trouble. Go figure. If it was Jerry Jones, he'd just pay off whoever was responsible.

Staff online

Latest posts