TT Approval Rating

Do you approve of the job that TT has done SO FAR?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because Brett came back should not change one's opinion of TT ( either way ) in my opinion unless we knew he had something to do with it !!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
didnt he call him a lot though?

i dont think favre would have returned if TT ignored him since the seattle game. i dont think it should be entirely dismissed, but i see what you're saying, winni. good point.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Just because Brett came back should not change one's opinion of TT ( either way ) in my opinion unless we knew he had something to do with it !!!

Well.

People 'knew' Ted was forcing Brett into retirement. Knowing facts hasn't stopped people from judging him before, why let it now?

Heck, McCarthy is already judged and he hasn't even coached one DOWN yet! hah

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a little tricky IMO.

Did he do a good job last year , no.

Do I think he's done a good job this year, yes.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My choice is not on the list (would be I don't know). Quite frankly I'm indifferent as to the job TT is doing. He's cleaned up the cap mess and seems to have had a good first draft (though this will largely depend on how good Rodgers turns out to be), but he severely underestimated the value and importance of Mike Wahle last year and I'm not too sure about his first hire as HC so right now I'd have to say about TT, I don't know whether I approve of the job he's doing.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The key is "So far". Nobody can say he is happy with what he has done so far. I am not ready to give up on him but "so far" we are 4-12 under his reign. Hopefully we see a dramatic improvement this year, then we vote again.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so far he has begun to clean up a lot of the previous GMs mess, and has drafted quality players, and brought in a new HC who can HOPEFULLY get us a little farther than just a divisional title(apparently division titles are big deals with some folks here, and YEs, the jury is still out on MM. time will tell).

I am happy with what he's done so far as assembling a team and coaching staff, but im not the kind of person that NEEDS big-name signings. We are all different, and thats understandable.

TT is modeling the team after the NE PAtriots, who build through the draft, and sign SMART,ATHLETIC,TEAM-ORIENTED PLAYERS. But what do they know?

I understand if people are not happy with his job so far though.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
The key is "So far". Nobody can say he is happy with what he has done so far. I am not ready to give up on him but "so far" we are 4-12 under his reign. Hopefully we see a dramatic improvement this year, then we vote again.

Why can't anyone say they are happy --- so far? They can be happy we haven't blown away million's of dollars on players that were failed to be retained by their 'old' team. First name comes to mind, Joe Johnson! LaVAR could be known as the next Joe J.

That's not to say I wouldn't have liked to have them signed. I'm ready to accept the 53 man roster that transpires and root for them regardless if they were other teams cast aways or random 'small' market pickups.

We don't know how his signings are going to turn out nor do we know how the 'big name' free agents would have fit in the Packers scheme of things, if at all.

We can only speculate until PROVEN otherwise. It's wise the off season attracts so much attention!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
so far he has begun to clean up a lot of the previous GMs mess, and has drafted quality players, and brought in a new HC who can HOPEFULLY get us a little farther than just a divisional title(apparently division titles are big deals with some folks here, and YEs, the jury is still out on MM. time will tell).

I am happy with what he's done so far as assembling a team and coaching staff, but im not the kind of person that NEEDS big-name signings. We are all different, and thats understandable.

TT is modeling the team after the NE PAtriots, who build through the draft, and sign SMART,ATHLETIC,TEAM-ORIENTED PLAYERS. But what do they know?

I understand if people are not happy with his job so far though.

I am hoping for a HUGE weekend but I don't think you can call last years draft a success....YET. One player, Nick Collins has proven he can play in this league. We are all hoping others such as Rodgers, Whitacker, and others can, but the jury is still out, in my mind.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
I am hoping for a HUGE weekend but I don't think you can call last years draft a success....YET. One player, Nick Collins has proven he can play in this league. We are all hoping others such as Rodgers, Whitacker, and others can, but the jury is still out, in my mind.

Poppinga can play, Manning can play, Rodgers ..., Whittacker started several games, Junius Coston can play probably will start this season, Marviel Underwood proved he's not nearly as good as Collins.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Coston is getting serious consideration at center, and will battle it out with Wells(who i am confident in, he did good replacing Flanny during his injuries)

Whittacker got thrown into the fire, a 7th rounder! Starting?! we had no money and no good guards last year(partly TTs fault, yes) and he did ok. He did better than Klemm on the left side, thats for sure.

Poppinga was solid, Manning was solid..injuries slowed them down a bit.

Rodgers...is quite possibly the future. Cant blame TT for not passing up on him...or you can...whatever.

It was a really solid draft looking at it now.

we can judge it more accurately in a year or 2.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

Poppinga can play, Manning can play, Rodgers ..., Whittacker started several games, Junius Coston can play probably will start this season, Marviel Underwood proved he's not nearly as good as Collins.

I don't think any of those guys can be declared good picks YET. I liked last years draft with the exception of Rodgers. I'm not saying he can't be a star, I just don't see it. I think TT's draft will overall come up small mainly because of injuries. I liked Poppinga and thought he might develop into something. He still may but I think he will fight injuries his whole career. Murphy was the pick that will hurt this draft rating. He really needed to find a receiver, and I think he did.....until Davenport decided to leave him out to dry!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget the garbage TT brought in last year. Little,Freeman,O'Dwyer,Thompson and resigning David Martin to a contract.

I like what Teddy has done this year but thus far, no way am I happy.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

Yea, that about sums it up for me.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny Favre comes back and his approval rating goes up for the time being. I'm suprised he got this many yes.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I almost wouldn't mind a trade down becaus Thompson has some interesting picks...and a lot of his interesting picks last year panned out...the two biggest "wtf" picks...nick collins (I-AA) and mike hawkins (arena league) could each be key contributors in the secondary this year and in the future

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see O'Dwyer's name come up from time to time. I thought he was in the final cut last year and didn't make the team or cost anything trying.

Am I wrong? I thought he was signed but had to make the team and didn't.
Just asking. Thought this was the case but his name pop's up from time to time but can't see that being a reflection on anybody if he was never actually paid.

Members online

Latest posts