1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

TT and MM's next move...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Obi1, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is to replace Jagodzinski.

How about getting Marriucci as the OC? I heard a rumor that Mooch is still close to Favre... May be an answer to getting Favre back for one more shot...

What do you all think?

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I think that move is more so on Mike instead of Ted.

Listening to the radio today I heard some excellent points brought up.

The OC is not TOO required since the offense is essentially Mikes. He controls the passing, the QB, the WR routes. Mike as you know also does the play calling.

Which brings me to Edgar Bennet. He may be the best canidate simply because he's focused on the RB and could help out a lot with the TE as well.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It doesnt fit with what we're trying to do (is what i heard)

Im for bringing someone up that is already on the staff, like Edgar or someone.

I just hope they choose wisely, but with Jags and sanders, they seem to have a good record of making good staff decisions (although sanders didnt look good early, but now...strength of the team is the D).

choose wisley! EEEEK!

4. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the idea of Greg Knapp from Atlanta. With Mora Jr. out now he could not be retained by the next coach and Knapp is pretty familiar with the offensive philosophy and the zone blocking scheme.

Mooch and Favre are like brothers. I think Mooch will only take a Head Coaching Job though. I read Michigan State wanted him and he declined.

Though GB is like his home so that might count for something.

5. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Knapp has to be frustrated with Vick and having to run special offense unique to him. Dead last in passing Atlanta's problem is Vick.

The trouble with Knapp is that a collateral move OC to OC would require some compensation from the Packers to Atlanta.

Will the new head coach in Atlanta want Knapp? Will Atlanta have a new head coach soon enough?

The Packers probably have 3 weeks to make a decision.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

It will not require any collateral as the coaching staff was fired, meaning Knapp is unemployed at this present moment.

7. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/01/01/0102falcons.html

The Atlanta Journal Constitution article I linked has this paragraph:

"After meeting with Blank, Mora then met with his 19 assistant coaches and told them he'd been fired. The assistants were all retained until a decision is made by the new head coach."

and this one:

"One of the assistant coaches who remain is offensive coordinator Greg Knapp, one of Mora's best friends but the center of much criticism for the team's failures."

That's why I posted what I did.

8. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Again, this is what I hate about the zone blocking offense

It's like buying car parts for a Saab or some really obscure brand of car...but we have all of this invested in rookie o-linemen and we're obligated to go out and find a 'special' coach to continue this way of running our offense...just like our o-linemen have to be undersized and get bulldozed everytime we line up against a DT over 310

9. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Knapp will most likely be fired when Atlanta hires a new HC, then we can go out and get him.