Trouble in Paradise?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just checking out the Packers page at sportspyder.com. You've got Roger's publicly criticizing Alexander's comments after the game, Jones questioning the play calling on the final drive, and Slaton questioning the lack of adjustments on defense. Airing things out leading to positive changes, or are the wheels starting to come off?

Reaction score
Just checking out the Packers page at sportspyder.com. You've got Roger's publicly criticizing Alexander's comments after the game, Jones questioning the play calling on the final drive, and Slaton questioning the lack of adjustments on defense. Airing things out leading to positive changes, or are the wheels starting to come off?
Nope. As ugly as it was the D is going to have a poor showing occasionally. I’m not giving them a pass or redirecting blame as they deserve their share. This was a game our Offense started strong and then took our foot off the gas until it was all over. This was a game our Offense was really 1 more solid drive and capping it with a TD from taking the wind from our opponents sails.

Thankfully we are in the NFC North and it’s not exactly a powerhouse Division. Also there really are no true powerhouse teams and even the Eagles are feasting on beating good but not great opponents. The Rams, Tampa, Giants and yes even the Eagles (they’ve beat the Cardinals, Jaguars, WFT, Vikings and Lions) are all beatable teams imo. Several teams will fall and several will rise into mid-season. All we have to do is put ourselves in the right group. I’m hoping we can squeak out a win next week to go 4-2. It’s conceivable we’d get Sammy back the following week. He’s one of our best 3 options at WR and thus his presence does help the cause.

Possibly adding 1 more good fit at receiving threat and designing plays around our veterans
(Marcedes, Cobb, Lazard, Jones, Dillon, Tonyan, Deguara (1 target in 3 weeks?)) while peppering in some Rookies is going to be integral to getting back even with Minnesota.

Last edited:

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As ugly as it was the D is going to have a poor showing occasionally. I’m not giving them a pass or redirecting blame as they deserve their share. This was a game our Offense started strong and then took our foot off the gas until it was all over. This was a game our Offense was really 1 more solid drive and capping it with a TD from taking the wind from our opponents sails.
No points in the second half for Pack O. They needed just a 3. It stagnates in the second half and paid for it today.

Reaction score
No points in the second half for Pack O. They needed just a 3. It stagnates in the second half and paid for it today.
I will say that our team under Matt has historically not traveled well. I’m not sure why or if he’s too loose. Rasul was complaining like a baby in the media about having to go to London. J’aire was kinda doing that same negative stuff today. Someone needs to get these guys to mentally regroup. If they re-focus I believe they are a substantial group. Playing a game of mental redemption next week will go a long ways in curing our woes.

4-2 and we’re in the thick.
The past is the past, let’s be honest, we partly beat ourselves today. As rough as it was I think we all know we could’ve put that game away and there’s a reason The Giants are 4-1, they are not a bottom feeder and they could be sniffing a Wild Card spot this season if they get healthy.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say that our team under Matt has historically not traveled well. I’m not sure why or if he’s too loose. Rasul was complaining like a baby in the media about having to go to London. J’aire was kinda doing that same negative stuff today. Someone needs to get these guys to mentally regroup. If they re-focus I believe they are a substantial group. Playing a game of mental redemption next week will go a long ways in curing our woes.

4-2 and we’re in the thick.
The past is the past, let’s be honest, we partly beat ourselves today. As rough as it was I think we all know we could’ve put that game away and there’s a reason The Giants are 4-1
Agreed. I have a feeling we're gonna see a few slips this season. It's not going to be pretty, but as you say, they have the potential if they can get their heads back into the game. Will they adjust or implode? This team just has a weird feel about it this year and it feels like it could go either way.

Ma_GB_12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been following Packers for more than 15 years and been a shareholder recently...I strongly feel it is time for GM and Head Coach (HC) to go. We spent two first round picks on defense and we gave 27 today! What is defense doing? All I hear from the HC is we need to clean up on every press meeting. When is that he is going to give a clean and perfect game?

Reaction score
3 and 2.

Giants 4 and 1

Maybe...just maybe Giants are really good?

Rans are 2 and 3...fire their staff?
It’s still very early.
We play Jets at Lambeau and simply beating them puts us at 4-2 facing off with Washington after that. Right the ship and I could see us at 5-3 and bartering for another O weapon before deadline. It’s time for Gutey to furnish #12 with another veteran target.

One reasonable scenario is being 1 game back of MN when they come to Lambeau in week 17. Either 11-4 or 10-5. We beat them were even and we finish with the Lions and they get Chicago. I think we can still win our division though. I always say don’t underestimate Brady with 2 minutes left. Truth be told though we shouldn’t underestimate Rodgers either he’s a make chicken salad out of chicken poo type.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frustration. Most teams go through them. Input from the players helps. Good coaches listen to players. Good players listen to coaches. The team lost a game it certainly should have won and won handily. I think it is good that they get angry and speak out. Adjustments, yes. Take a page from the Coach in New England today. He loses 2 QBs. Loses 2 in a row. And today he shuts out maybe the top offense in the league statistically.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s still very early.
We play Jets at Lambeau and simply beating them puts us at 4-2 facing off with Washington after that. Right the ship and I could see us at 5-3 and bartering for another O weapon before deadline. It’s time for Gutey to furnish #12 with another veteran target.

One reasonable scenario is being 1 game back of MN when they come to Lambeau in week 17. Either 11-4 or 10-5. We beat them were even and we finish with the Lions and they get Chicago. I think we can still win our division though. I always say don’t underestimate Brady with 2 minutes left. Truth be told though we shouldn’t underestimate Rodgers either he’s a make chicken salad out of chicken poo type.
Doubtful the Packers beat the Jets. They screwed up their long trip and will now have another loss to show for the jet lag.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say the Packers lack leadership. it's starts at qb and coach. Rodgers pouts like a baby on the sidelines instead of showing leadership. MLF has no control over Rodgers or for that matter anybody else this season. Guys that are underperforming like Campbell need to get benched for a game to make a statement. Players are sniping and questioning in the media precisely because there isn't any leadership.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Frustration. Most teams go through them. Input from the players helps. Good coaches listen to players. Good players listen to coaches. The team lost a game it certainly should have won and won handily. I think it is good that they get angry and speak out. Adjustments, yes. Take a page from the Coach in New England today. He loses 2 QBs. Loses 2 in a row. And today he shuts out maybe the top offense in the league statistically.
Frustration is understandable. Public venting from multiple veteran players is completely unacceptable. LaFleur needs to have a closed door session with all the offenders and state such sternly. Clark and Lowry need to pull Slaton aside and tell him to shut his big pie hole.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Doubtful the Packers beat the Jets. They screwed up their long trip and will now have another loss to show for the jet lag.
Jet lag shouldn't be much of an issue flying west. It's also no excuse because the Giants had to deal with it too.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great. I'm glad they are speaking out.
It takes courage to recognize that there are big issues that need to be addressed and even more courage to speak up and point things out in this age of insanity we are existing in where having an opinion or taking a stance on anything is looked down upon by the masses of sheep brainwashed by the Rothschild mainstream/fakestream media utilizing the weapon of mass deception sitting in everyone's living room.

Good to see these are some free thinkets woth ballz attached still able to act as individuals not f... Borg.

Like I said. Take a loss, don't warry about controversy fire MLF and Barry and find someone like Parcells, Billichick.

Reaction score
Im not sure if that was a Pun? but I like it!

I wouldn’t write the season off just yet. We’ve lost 2 games and both were Road contests. As someone else in here recently said, in this league you’ve got to take every game seriously. We took half of this game seriously, then went on vacation. That traveling is a big distraction, we had players more interested in a London vacation than doing their job, just ask Rasul he was cussing about that and someone needs to remind him how that worked out?

If you recall we went up 17-3 in the first half, so let’s not pretend like we can’t win a football game. You’ve got to play 4 quarters. Sometimes 5 Qtrs. Give the Giants credit, they have a good Defense and formidable Run game and that goes a long ways in this sport. Especially when an opponents is not at their best (that was not anywhere close to our best)

The way I see it. We need to take care of business at Lambeau this weekend and we’re right back in the thick.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frustration is understandable. Public venting from multiple veteran players is completely unacceptable. LaFleur needs to have a closed door session with all the offenders and state such sternly. Clark and Lowry need to pull Slaton aside and tell him to shut his big pie hole.
It is difficult to see from the couch that there are no adjustments on the D line. A young guy like Slaton being frustrated because he is asked to do the same thing over and over while the other team marches down the field is understandable imho and probably needed. And that from the same coach that allows completion after completion while they march down the field. Bend but don't break sucks. The coaching and not making adjustments suck. Gary came from the middle when he made the sack that did not count. The only adjustment I can say I saw. Of course it worked and so we never did it again. When the linebackers blitz; they come up the middle every time and just get clogged up. That does not work; so just keep doing it because then the linebackers can drop into coverage easily. Ha Ha. It fools nobody.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It is difficult to see from the couch that there are no adjustments on the D line. A young guy like Slaton being frustrated because he is asked to do the same thing over and over while the other team marches down the field is understandable imho and probably needed. And that from the same coach that allows completion after completion while they march down the field. Bend but don't break sucks. The coaching and not making adjustments suck. Gary came from the middle when he made the sack that did not count. The only adjustment I can say I saw. Of course it worked and so we never did it again. When the linebackers blitz; they come up the middle every time and just get clogged up. That does not work; so just keep doing it because then the linebackers can drop into coverage easily. Ha Ha. It fools nobody.
I'm ok with a guy like Slaton being frustrated. For him to run his mouth publicly is not ok. It's undisciplined, immature and unprofessional. Clark and Lowry need to set him straight.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I had to watch this all back...

Rodgers isn't attacking Jaire as many have claimed here and in news media. He 100% attacked the concept of speaking a loss into existing in the mind (loss to the Jets). That logic doesn't sit well with Aaron, and while tempered thoughts I'm all for, Jaire I think knows he misspoke...even him saying "Now if we lose two in a row with similar problems without any fixes I'll get worried" is much more palatable than what he said.

As for Slaton the only actual direct quote I can find anywhere is this "I think we were a little too dialed in at times with the plan and what we practiced. We knew what we were going to see, and I think we were just getting a little lost. We were getting a little lost when we didn’t see what we were practicing." That is not throwing smoke or mud at anyone's face, it more or less is stating the obvious - got outplayed, didn't adjust and make them react but instead we were having to react type message.

Preston Smith I think handled the loss the best in handling it as a "no excuses, we must do better" mentality. When given the chance to use travel as an excuse he shot that down quickly. More need Smith's approach to this all, make no excuses, do better and accept defeat head on.

Aaron Jones merely said "I'd put my money on me and AJ getting two yards with two downs..." but was quick to follow that with Aaron is the QB and he doesn't see what he sees. The first part is mere confidence in him and AJ's abilities - the second part is a pure respect nod to it isn't his call.

This is not a team falling apart - this is a team frustrated in defeat, in a defeat NONE of them feel should have happened. This was a different feeling than the MN loss because Giants did not put forth a performance in many opinions which should be a W against this team.

ALL that said, I agree with many of you in saying Slaton's comment and to an extent even Rodgers and Jones' need to occur behind closed doors....cuz dissent can grow quicker when media gets fingers in it than if it is in the locker room disclosures.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm ok with a guy like Slaton being frustrated. For him to run his mouth publicly is not ok. It's undisciplined, immature and unprofessional. Clark and Lowry need to set him straight.
Lowry probably needs to go elsewhere.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And he might if either Slaton or Wyatt shows the staff they are ready for more game snaps.

Exactly, everyone knows I have been an advocate of surplanting Lowry due to cost, problem is Reed is the only other front down lineman that has come anywhere close to the level of play Lowry gives.

Reaction score
I know I’m a broken record on Playing Wyatt more (when he’s healed up) But I’m a believer that the faster we get him involved the quicker he gets ramped up. He’s possibly going to need several games to get some rhythm because his usage has been non existent (I’m not talking about his 1 game injury designation) However I think he could prove some interior pressure if he’s used properly (not using him to eat double teams every time he’s not a bonafide NT!).
Get some packaged on the same side Clark, Wyatt and Gary and quit spreading them across the DL where 2 immediately get doubled. (Saw that mentioned on his film review). 90% of the teams OL won’t be able to hold that grouping

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I’m a broken record on Playing Wyatt more (when he’s healed up) But I’m a believer that the faster we get him involved the quicker he gets ramped up. He’s possibly going to need several games to get some rhythm because his usage has been non existent. However I think he could prove some interior pressure if he’s used properly (not using him to eat double teams every time). Get on the same side Clark, Wyatt and Gary and quit spreading them across the DL where 2 immediately get doubled. Wyatt isn’t Slaton, quit using him to plug gaps on passing downs.

I'm beginning to get the sense that for whatever reason Wyatt is not as NFL ready as we may have thought....if he was even 70% of the player most of us thought he'd be getting at least equal snaps as Slaton I'd bet.

Reaction score
I'm beginning to get the sense that for whatever reason Wyatt is not as NFL ready as we may have thought....if he was even 70% of the player most of us thought he'd be getting at least equal snaps as Slaton I'd bet.
Those are 2 different players. Ok they are both called DL, but other than that Wyatt isn’t Jordan Davis!

Btw. Much of the reason he’s sidelined is it’s normal to allow a Rookie time to develop. Plus Lowry had such a good 2021 that they have him ahead in the depth. He’s really buried behind Reed and Lowry, those are his main competition and it’s more about we’re thick at his position than it is not being relevant.

Unfortunately, Lowry’s 53.2 ‘22 grade is well below his 67 finish last season. I don’t think you’d see any noticeable drop off to begin with Wyatt right now. But you get him experience. Obviously he’s now injured so I don’t know where he’s at in the immediate etc., Jordan Davis is now on the rise because the Eagles pushed him into duty early and ramped him. He’s paying dividends.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad some of the players are frustrated & speaking out... the leadership & game-plan has been significantly below par.

- For MLF & AR to let the defense dictate what plays the GB's offense ran is ridiculous. With the RB's averaging 4.8+ yds/carry and then NOT running the ball 75% of the time in the 4th quarter "because they had 8 men in the box" played right into the Giant's hand. So what if they stacked the box, MLF should've gone with an extra OL and maybe even another as FB to impose GB's will, not run scared & pass the ball (poorly!). The Run/Pass ratio should be 60/40 with the RB talent on-hand, NOT 45/55!

- Barry's bend-don't-break D is allowing the opposing offense to dictate the game, also. Stack the box and/or blitz and have the DB's man-up... their WR's were 2nd & 3rd tier players ~ surely Alexander, Douglas & Stokes are better at their jobs than those WR's. No reason Barkley should've gotten 30 yards all day, much less the 70 that he got.

If nobody calls-out the stupidity above nothing changes... as we've seen to date.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts