Tromadz Draft Preview

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sneak preview of my article on the main page that nobody will read. lol.

2007 NFL DRAFT PREVIEW
By Tromadz

I’m baaaaaaaaaaaaaack, and so is the NFL draft, a vital part of the off-season for teams who do much of their pickups via the draft. The Packers went 8-8 last season and finished strong in many areas, but as far as the roster goes, there are still holes that need to be fixed. Lets take a look at some of those holes.

Team Needs

Running Back
Ahman Green decided to take the huge payday from the Houston Texans which leaves a hole in the Packers RB group. Vernand Morency and Noah Herron are solid backups but can either of them step up and be a consistent starter? Probably not.

Wide Reciever

After the age-less Donald Driver and Greg Jennings, the Packers don’t have much at wide reciever. You can’t count on Robert Ferguson. You can’t count on Koren Robinson due to legal troubles.

Cornerback
One injury in the secondary and the defense could fall apart. Al Harris and Charles Woodson are getting older, and with Ted Thompson’s strategy of building through he draft, this seems like a perfect year to bring in some young corners who will be ready to take over in 2-3 years. Patrick Dendy Rules.

Tight End
A lot of people feel tight end is weak. I don’t agree necessarily. Bubba Franks had one of his worst years ever this last year, months after he got a HUGE payday from the Packers organization. Is this the kind of player Bubba is? Does he not care so much anymore because he is financially secure? I don’t think so. I just think the guy had a bad year. He is a proven red zone threat. Franks and Donald Lee is an ok 2-tight end group, but more is probably needed.

Safety
Marquand Manuel sucks.

The Packers have 9 draft picks this year. That should be enough for Ted Thompson to do his draft magic. Instead of me being absolutely wrong and doing a mock draft, I will take a look at players in the first couple rounds that the Packers will probably have a chance to get. After all, Ted Thompson has a habit of blowing up my mock drafts.

Marshawn Lynch - RB (1st round)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This is a popular choice for the #16 overall pick. Green Bay needs a running back, so all signs point to this probably happening if Lynch is there at 16. And oh yeah, Lynch will be visiting Green Bay 8 days before the NFL Draft. Hmmmm.

Robert Meachem - WR (1st round)

If Lynch is gone at 16(which is possible), expect Green Bay to pick up Robert Meachem. A lot of teams love this kid. He has great work ethic and has great speed. His route-running isn’t as good as it should be, but Green Bay’s coaches should be able to work on that.

Jonathan Wade - CB (2nd round)

While not the best football player in the world, he is one of the best athletes coming in the draft class. He’s 5’10, fast, and can keep up with players even when they try to shake them. His tackling is mediocre and there is a slight possibility he goes the route of Ahmad Carroll. There is also the chance he goes the route of Deltha O'Neal too.

Zach Miller - TE (2nd round)

This guy has almost all the tools needed to be a good tight end in the NFL. Good hands, good route running, and a gritty player that fits the mold. This 6-4 monster could be the tight end of the future.

This is as far as I will go without looking too silly. The last couple of drafts have been mostly defensive picks. With Nick Barnett getting a contract extension, there aren’t many holes to fill on defense except safety and cornerback.

This should be an offensive draft mostly, which I am interested to see how Ted Thompson, a defensive guy, will do. Running back, wide receiver, and tight end need to seriously be looked at, and there are some great options in this draft. It is an exciting time to be a Packers fan.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Marquand Manual certainly does suck.

Bubba Franks sucks too. You're right Trom, he is a threat. But hes a threat to his own team, not the other

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom's back???
(There goes the neighborhood!!!)
JUST KIDDING!!!
WELCOME BACK TROMMYKINS!!! :thumbsup:

Members online

Latest posts