Trade scenario.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you guys do Brett Hundley and next yrs 2nd rd draft pick to NY Jets for Sheldon Richardson?? Jets already trying to tank the season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Would you guys do Brett Hundley and next yrs 2nd rd draft pick to NY Jets for Sheldon Richardson?? Jets already trying to tank the season.

I don't consider the defensive line to be enough of a need to trade away the only viable backup quarterback on the roster as well as give up next year's second rounder to acquire Richardson.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't consider the defensive line to be enough of a need to trade away the only viable backup quarterback on the roster as well as give up next year's second rounder to acquire Richardson.

I think Callahan or Hill could hold the fort down if #12 got hurt. I've seen good defenses carry an average qb play plenty of times. I believe Richardson would make this a good defense.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think Callahan or Hill could hold the fort down if #12 got hurt. I've seen good defenses carry an average qb play plenty of times. I believe Richardson would make this a good defense.

I highly doubt the Packers would win any games with either Callahan or Hill starting even with the Packers adding Richardson to an average defense.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade that no chance.. I know he is our backup but realistically if Rodgers gets hurt hundley won't carry us our season would be done that's the reality of it hundley has a noodle arm in my opinion.. but he would be better than anyone else...

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't trade that no chance.. I know he is our backup but realistically if Rodgers gets hurt hundley won't carry us our season would be done that's the reality of it hundley has a noodle arm in my opinion.. but he would be better than anyone else...

The Packers wouldn't have any chance of winning the Super Bowl with Rodgers being lost for the season. Hundley might be able to keep the team in playoff contention if #12 had to miss several games though.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers wouldn't have any chance of winning the Super Bowl with Rodgers being lost for the season. Hundley might be able to keep the team in playoff contention if #12 had to miss several games though.
Yeah they would be done no chance that's how good Rodgers is and what he is to the team..

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah they would be done no chance that's how good Rodgers is and what he is to the team..
We he broke his collarbone they just got lucky romo was a idiot and threw that pick lol

D

Deleted member 6794

We he broke his collarbone they just got lucky romo was a idiot and threw that pick lol

A lot of things went the Packers way in the second half of that game in Dallas during the 2013 season.

D

Deleted member 6794

So if Rodgers stays healthy do u think we are going? And be able to beat the patriots lol

The Packers are definitely one of the favorites to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this season. The defense has to improve over last season's performance to make it though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah no way I'd give up the 2nd round pick. Hundley sure but a 2nd round pick more often than any other round has turned into a really good player for TT

Sky King

Reaction score
Long before today the team appears to have made the commitment to Hundley to serve as Rodgers' backup for this season. He's their best option at the moment and a trade for anything significant at this juncture seems unlikely. But I would be surprised if the FO and coaching staff weren't just a little disappointed that he did not perform better given his extensive playing time this preseason. He was neither terrific nor terrible and that's probably not going to command a high level of interest for obtaining his services. He probably needs a much better preseason in 2018 to get that starting gig he seeks and for the Packers to recoup a 5th rounder or better in trade.

D

Deleted member 6794

Long before today the team appears to have made the commitment to Hundley to serve as Rodgers' backup for this season. He's their best option at the moment and a trade for anything significant at this juncture seems unlikely. But I would be surprised if the FO and coaching staff weren't just a little disappointed that he did not perform better given his extensive playing time this preseason. He was neither terrific nor terrible and that's probably not going to command a high level of interest for obtaining his services. He probably needs a much better preseason in 2018 to get that starting gig he seeks and for the Packers to recoup a 5th rounder or better in trade.

It might be smart for the Packers to keep Hundley until his rookie contract expires after the 2018 season, hoping another team signs him to be their starting quarterback going forward with Green Bay receiving an early compensatory selection. As I've mentioned repeatedly Thompson won't be able to trade him for a decent pick solely based on preseason production.

Sky King

Reaction score
It might be smart for the Packers to keep Hundley until his rookie contract expires after the 2018 season, hoping another team signs him to be their starting quarterback going forward with Green Bay receiving an early compensatory selection. As I've mentioned repeatedly Thompson won't be able to trade him for a decent pick solely based on preseason production.
Agreed. If he had wowed in preseason they may have dealt him as early as this year, especially with Hill giving a very nice first impression. Then again, so did Hundley during his first camp, so take that for what it's worth. If Hill is retained and he builds upon what he did this past preseason that would make Hundley expendable in 2018 regardless. Hopefully, Hundley has a stellar 2018 and he fetches a good return on the team's investment in him.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If a team is willing to give up s guy who can help the Packers win NOW...then you have to make the deal, Rodgers isn't going anywhere anytime soon which means Hundley won't be here past his rookie contract. I'm sure teams have inquired about him. Hell the colts gave up one of their most explosive players in Phillip Dorsett for third on the depth chart Jacoby Brisett. You can't tell me they didn't think about contacting the Packers for Hundley.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dorsett is a dud. 35 yards per game last year receiving. 5th on his team in receptions. 2 td's receiving. Yeah, Colts gave up the farm on this one. And we cut better receivers this year. Today. Several. Stop. Drinking. So. Heavily.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dorsett is a dud. 35 yards per game last year receiving. 5th on his team in receptions. 2 td's receiving. Yeah, Colts gave up the farm on this one. And we cut better receivers this year. Today. Several. Stop. Drinking. So. Heavily.

The point is he's a young guy with great upside..add him with an all pro tightened and a HOF coach and QB I guarantee he has his best year in NE as a pro. I wasn't saying add a wr...I was saying add any player that'll give you a chance to win NOW for a guy who will never be the guy here. I don't drink..maybe you shouldn't either.

Reaction score
That's probably a safe bet.
Either way, competing teams will continue to evaluate players (including Brett Hundley) that fall into their realm of positional needs in the event they go to market down the road. We just saw that this Sunday on almost every team. We should never shut the door on negotiating the right deal. Every teams needs change on a daily basis, including ours, and player stocks rise and fall week to week and preseason stats are just one part of that evaluation. Time grows an ongoing portfolio of information on each player, let's just hope Brett doesn't get much live game experience on the GBP during regular season 2017 unless it is garbage time and because we hold a sizeable lead. I will happily take that trade by him fulfilling his contract here in GB

D

Deleted member 6794

Agreed. If he had wowed in preseason they may have dealt him as early as this year, especially with Hill giving a very nice first impression. Then again, so did Hundley during his first camp, so take that for what it's worth. If Hill is retained and he builds upon what he did this past preseason that would make Hundley expendable in 2018 regardless. Hopefully, Hundley has a stellar 2018 and he fetches a good return on the team's investment in him.

I wouldn't have felt comfortable with entering the season with Taysom Hill as the team's backup quarterback. Once again, it seems a lot of fans have already forgotten about what happened in 2013.

If a team is willing to give up s guy who can help the Packers win NOW...then you have to make the deal, Rodgers isn't going anywhere anytime soon which means Hundley won't be here past his rookie contract.

I highly doubt any team is ready to give up a player capable of helping the Packers win now in exchange for Hundley.