1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Trade Matt Flynn for...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Feb 13, 2011.

1. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    No compensatory picks either?

2. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    They didn't go after him because we said, point blank, the market was closed. Had we had an offseason and OTA's where Harrell could have been developed, it might have been a different story.

As for Kolb, the jury is still out on him. He doesn't have a large enough body of work to say, one way or the other, how good he is. And neither does Flynn for that matter. He played great in the one regular season game he started. That's not enough to annoint him anything yet.

3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    We have all the ammunition. Make some team that is desperate give us a # 1. Until then only listen to the offers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

If the Eagles can get 2 draft picks, and a CB for trash like Kolb, there is no reason for us not to get good deals like that on trades in years to come.

Also, our teams are mostly built on the draft. We showed everyone how to build teams last year.

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Flynn for Tamba Hali and a 1st rounder. And the Chiefs are getting the better end of the deal in here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    Would rather have Wake. Check the salaries.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    Ted recently made the comment that everyone is working the phones now. (looking for trades, talking trades)

translation : We are getting alot of calls on Flynn.

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    I think No. but I cant get a solid answer. I will try and do some digging. Tom Oates sports reporter from Madison said no. Brian Carriveau disagreed as did someone with the Packers report. But Oates sounded the most sure, saying it doesnt matter if someone sat the bench and a team comes along and pays him a ton and makes him a starter.

9. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,187
    I’d like to hear Oates’ reasoning. The formula for determining comp picks is “secret” but I’m pretty sure if Flynn leaves via free agency after this season, that loss would be figured into the equation of how many comp picks the Packers would receive in 2013. Any qualified UFAs the Packers would sign next off season would offset any UFAs lost, but I think Flynn’s loss would still figure in, either in a pick or offsetting a signed UFA.

From everything I’ve read, the most important factor is the contract the UFA signs with his new team. Then I think playing time and any postseason honors with his new team figure in. Some Packers fans may be exaggerating Flynn’s value in the league but I think just the contract he’d be likely to sign would be enough to gain the Packers a comp pick. And if he starts as expected and stays healthy, it could be a significant one.

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    Compensation picks based on performance of departed free agent(s). If on bench, no compensation. - Oates

11. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    We should get a RB (A.Foster caliber)
    AND a LB ( DeMarcus Spears / P. Willis caliber )
    AND... a First round pick!

Cause its MATT F'n FLYNN!
    Best QB in the game!

12. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Rodgers2Finley4TDs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Wish he wasn't a FA after the season. The best time to trade him would be to a team who misses out on Andrew Luck

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    trade him for...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7uJDhVZIE&feature=related]Dr. Evil 100 Billion Dollars - YouTube[/ame]

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    We already have an elite RB on the roster. People just haven't realized it yet. They will sept. 8.

15. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Aaron is one of the best in the game, and Harrell seems to be playing well. I think we see what we can get for him, he will bring back excellent value for a back up QB.

16. maccadon3000

maccadon3000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    Trade him to Philly. Looks like they need a good QB. :D