• Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep love

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate him as a prospect but agree that looking for a someone to be groomed isn’t a bad idea. It’s easy to say now but I would have drafted Queen and taken a good look at moving up for Hurts in the second if QB was the plan going on.

Look Im not enthused with the Love selection but Hurts? The guy is an NFL backup at best. Love actually does have the physical talent to be a franchise quarterback.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet all his teammates (except 2) seem to love him.
Once he came into his own, I always, and still do, consider Rodgers the field and locker room leader of this team. Ya can’t change history. Anyway, your point is well made.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What in Gods name ? The guy hasn`t even played a down yet. Why do people think this is such an insult to Rodgers ?. Give the guy a chance to prove you all right, or indeed wrong ! Remember when Rodgers first came to Green Bay ? most people hated him. Sometimes I`m ashamed to be a Packer fan.
You have to actually SHOW UP in the shoutbox and watch the team LOL....:whistling:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

i joined the corona circus....I'm with you on all the Love hate...I guess the pack has been looking at Love since his Sophomore yr in college.

by joining the corona circus, do you mean you`ve suffered from it ? As regards Love, he might be a bust, but at least give him a chance I`m saying.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What in Gods name ? The guy hasn`t even played a down yet. Why do people think this is such an insult to Rodgers ?. Give the guy a chance to prove you all right, or indeed wrong ! Remember when Rodgers first came to Green Bay ? most people hated him. Sometimes I`m ashamed to be a Packer fan.
Well, with head hung low, I recall being very skeptical of Rodgers when he was drafted. I lived in San Francisco at the time, watched a lot of Cal football, and thought his mechanics were all wrong (he held the ball up high, next to his ear, almost touching his helmet), and he needed a few pounds. And then I think he broke a bone in his foot during an early PS game and I immediately tagged him as fragile.

15 or so years later and I’ve gained a little patience, hopefully better judgement - or better yet, to reserve judgement. We all know what Rodgers became, but hindsight is perfect.

So while I was surprised by the Love pick, I’m giving Gluten the benefit of the doubt and will just let it play out. If Dillon is the beast he’s supposed to be, the combination of Jones and Dillon will be a HUGE benefit to Rodgers and the Packers.

But that has to play out too. Anyway, life is better now and my blood pressure is down. It’s a friggin game after all.

As for more SB victories, well TT made some pretty bad drafts. ARod, as good as he is, has carried this team for too long. Time for some help. I don’t much care where it comes from as long as the wins and, hopefully championships come. I’m guessing Rodgers doesn’t care as well as long as the wins come. And they will.

Cheers, Bill.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
If your going to trade your future w/o giving him a chance at the future, why bother to draft him# show him some love!

Soothsayertoday

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cut your loss and trade him for any one of the guys mentioned. But I don’t think you would find a trade partner from any of the teams that took those players. And that’s how bad I feel the pick was and is. The game is played in real time-not four years from now plus look at how much the game has changed in the last four years. The MVP is a running QB. Finally, it was Gutey who hamstrung the Packers with Rodgers huge contract extension BEFORE it really needed to be done while also extending “Big MAC” and then firing him before the year was up. Just doesn’t seem like there is a plan in place. No other team drafts a QB with their first pick and lets him sit for three years. Now why do you think that is?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't want to speak for the OP out of turn, but I think that the point of the thread is not to actually suggest trading Love but rather to inventory fans to see if they would trade him, knowing what they know about him now.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as far as the OP, I already stated I would have picked Queen at the time if I was calling the shot. Clearly Gute and MLF have another plan in mind, so we need to keep him.

D

Deleted member 6794

For the most part, they aren't picks that I would have made. I'm choosing to be positive, because it's far more enjoyable that way. What's done is done, can't change the picks. Support your team.

I want to be positive as well but taking an objective look at the Packers draft this year it's close to impossible for me to expect the class to improve the team's chances of winning the Super Bowl in 2020.

But we did need a FB with the departure of Vitale and he grabbed one in rd 3. My point on that was while it was based on need, it was too early given the player selected.

I would have been fine with spending a day three pick on a player like Deguara but there was no reason to use a third rounder on him.

Possible future franchise QB, part of the advantage of taking one now is that you have 2-3 years to evaluate his development and make decisions as to whether or not he is the guy going forward. If he fails to grow, improve or plateaus in his development the team could still draft another quarterback 2 years from now giving Gute and co a second crack at the apple if needed.

There are two things to consider though. First of all with Love possibly sitting on the bench for another three years the Packers lose the advantage of having a starting quarterback still on his rookie deal.

In addition if Love doesn't work out Gutekunst missed a golden opportunity to improve the talent level surrounding Rodgers.

PhilaPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is'nt it smart to have a young, back up QB who could be ready to jump in and take over at any given moment. Let's face it, If Rodgers gets injured in the first game or soon after everyone is going to get horrified. So why not have someone ready and any moments notice?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Is'nt it smart to have a young, back up QB who could be ready to jump in and take over at any given moment. Let's face it, If Rodgers gets injured in the first game or soon after everyone is going to get horrified. So why not have someone ready and any moments notice?

I bolded the important part...."ready to jump in...." The younger and greener, probably the less ready that they are. Honestly, I don't like having an inexperienced QB as the #2 on a potential SB team. I don't care if its Love, Boyle, Kizer or Hundley stepping in. Inexperience doesn't necessitate a lot of confidence in running an offense for me. Maybe if its simplified more than under MM, it might be easier for Love. However, I think if Rodgers goes down for any extended period of time, we would be in trouble with either Love or Boyle playing.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bolded the important part...."ready to jump in...." The younger and greener, probably the less ready that they are. Honestly, I don't like having an inexperienced QB as the #2 on a potential SB team. I don't care if its Love, Boyle, Kizer or Hundley stepping in. Inexperience doesn't necessitate a lot of confidence in running an offense for me. Maybe if its simplified more than under MM, it might be easier for Love. However, I think if Rodgers goes down for any extended period of time, we would be in trouble with either Love or Boyle playing.

*Insert Tom Moore quote*

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After round 2, there really wasn't a WR that would play over what we already have. Possible exceptions are Duvernay bc he is a slot, or Bryan Edwards (injury issues). Literally, all the WR's that fit for GB went before they picked in each round. It was amazing.

So should they draft for need or stick to their board?

I saw something like this somewhere else (maybe it was you) and I wanted to comment on it but I couldn't find it again. I think Funchess, and Lazard will be better than anyone we could have gotten in rounds 3 or later. Sure there will probably be some late round guy that lights it up but which will it be and would he have even been the one we would have taken? I don't really have a lot of faith in MVS or Allison or Kumerow as #3 or 4 guys but at 5 or 6 I'm guessing they will be as good as any late round poke and hope. There is still St. Brown, who I like, and Begleton although guys play in the CFL and not the NFL for a reason.

In 2018 we drafted WRs in rounds 4,5,6 and some fans are saying they suck now (I tend to agree with that assesment on 2 of the 3) but now those same fans wanted more of the same. Deepest WR draft and we didn't get any not even on day three. I wish we would have gotten that playmaker WR in round 1 or 2 just like most of you but after that are they really any better than who we got. I think there will Stills be a few decent veterans released (see what I did there) that I would rather have than any day 3 WR we could have gotten. Not as a #2 guy or even #3 but someone who will help more than a late rounder would have.

***** about not getting a playmaker in the first two rounds, maybe even the third. I get that and I agree but looking at who they did draft on day three and given the WRs we have I'd rather have the guys we did draft and the WRs we already have and if Gute isn't done filling out the WR room so much the better.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct. And that’s one of the points about drafting Love that I think has mostly gone missing.

MLF is very good with QBs, I think he coached Matt Ryan during his MVP year.

As for the talk about trading Love....... We just drafted him. Trading him doesn’t make sense to me.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw something like this somewhere else (maybe it was you) and I wanted to comment on it but I couldn't find it again. I think Funchess, and Lazard will be better than anyone we could have gotten in rounds 3 or later. Sure there will probably be some late round guy that lights it up but which will it be and would he have even been the one we would have taken? I don't really have a lot of faith in MVS or Allison or Kumerow as #3 or 4 guys but at 5 or 6 I'm guessing they will be as good as any late round poke and hope. There is still St. Brown, who I like, and Begleton although guys play in the CFL and not the NFL for a reason.

In 2018 we drafted WRs in rounds 4,5,6 and some fans are saying they suck now (I tend to agree with that assesment on 2 of the 3) but now those same fans wanted more of the same. Deepest WR draft and we didn't get any not even on day three. I wish we would have gotten that playmaker WR in round 1 or 2 just like most of you but after that are they really any better than who we got. I think there will Stills be a few decent veterans released (see what I did there) that I would rather have than any day 3 WR we could have gotten. Not as a #2 guy or even #3 but someone who will help more than a late rounder would have.

***** about not getting a playmaker in the first two rounds, maybe even the third. I get that and I agree but looking at who they did draft on day three and given the WRs we have I'd rather have the guys we did draft and the WRs we already have and if Gute isn't done filling out the WR room so much the better.
While I don’t think MVS will make the roster, I do have faith that between Funchess, Lazard, and Kumerow Rodgers has enough talent to move the ball. If Gluten was going to go for a WR, it would have been rd 2, and there weren’t many left beyond projects. IMO, he made a better choice in RB Dillon. It seems like Dillon has the tools and experience to contribute this year. And next year, if Jones demands $15 mil or some other crazy number, he has insurance in Dillon.