• Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep love

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big 12 > Mountain west. He’s a project and was projected to go in the 3rd or 4th. I think he’s going to have a better NFL career than Love.

I don't think you quite understand what I'm saying. I've seen small schools run a more complex defense than large schools. Typically, the more talent you have, the less complex defense you need to run. So an SEC defense is not necessarily more complex than a Big Sky defense. It all just depends.

If you'd rather have Hurts in the 2nd than Love in the 1st, quite frankly, I think you're crazy and I'll leave it at that. Quit box score scouting.

D

Deleted member 6794

Now many have come around and think Love was a great decision.

I don't think anybody is suggesting that trading up to select Love in the first round was a great move.

Deguara plays a vital position in this offense. If you can't see that, can't help ya buddy.

The Packers might plan on Deguara playing a vital role in their offense but on the other side he was projected to be a sixth round pick. Another head scratcher in a terrible draft.

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you quite understand what I'm saying. I've seen small schools run a more complex defense than large schools. Typically, the more talent you have, the less complex defense you need to run. So an SEC defense is not necessarily more complex than a Big Sky defense. It all just depends.

If you'd rather have Hurts in the 2nd than Love in the 1st, quite frankly, I think you're crazy and I'll leave it at that. Quit box score scouting.

Not true. Scheming has less to do with talent and more to do with coaching. Saban runs one of the most complex Defensive schemes in college and he’s stacked with talent. Yes, smaller schools can do the same but with lesser talent on that side of the ball.

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anybody is suggesting that trading up to select Love in the first round was a great move.

The Packers might plan on Deguara playing a vital role in their offense but on the other side he was projected to be a sixth round pick. Another head scratcher in a terrible draft.

That’s why I phrased my question the way that I did. I’m not suggesting that fans would do it again. I’m just wanting to know how many fans would trade Love right now for their pre-draft crush.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s why I phrased my question the way that I did. I’m not suggesting that fans would do it again. I’m just wanting to know how many fans would trade Love right now for their pre-draft crush.

I didn't have a pre-draft crush and I have no issue with us taking Love. I will say it was probably unnessessary for us to move up like that. I have a feeling Love would have been there at #30. I guess they didn't want to take that chance...

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't have a pre-draft crush and I have no issue with us taking Love. I will say it was probably unnessessary for us to move up like that. I have a feeling Love would have been there at #30. I guess they didn't want to take that chance...

You have no issues with Love right now but did you on draft night? You weren’t hoping for a WR or another position that would help right away?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have no issues with Love right now but did you on draft night? You weren’t hoping for a WR or another position that would help right away?

I was majorly surprised we drafted Love. Getting a QB wasn't something I thought Gute and MLF would target. I figured we'd get a WR in the second round but by the time our pick came up in the second the good ones were gone.

For me I don't get all that excited about guys we draft. The draft is such a crap shoot and I am not all that familiar with most of the players anyway.

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was majorly surprised we drafted Love. Getting a QB wasn't something I thought Gute and MLF would target. I figured we'd get a WR in the second round but by the time our pick came up in the second the good ones were gone.

For me I don't get all that excited about guys we draft. The draft is such a crap shoot and I am not all that familiar with most of the players anyway.

Oh ok. You are one of the few that didn’t have a favorite so this question wouldn’t really pertain to you. Most of us are obsessed with draft prospect and I know many, without a question, would have pulled the trigger on Mims.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

If we draft them, while they wear green and gold, I`ll support them. That`s my philosophy pure and simple.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Projected by who?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know no one really wanted a QB before the draft but Love seems to have grown on many. The mass has a way of influencing others. The more you read and hear the better an idea becomes. It happens to the best of us. I had no thought about an heir apparent for Rodgers but now I think its a smart idea ( obviously not love.) Now I’m wondering how many of you would trade Love for a Queen, Josh Jones, Mims, or pitman right now? I’m not saying to go back to the draft because losing that fourth would be a deal breaker. I’m just saying a strait up trade for one of those players. I really don’t think many on this board would.
I’d trade for Queen. They can find their QB of the future in the next draft or two. Picking Love was way too early, and cost too much.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't looking for a quarterback in the first round, but there were a few rumors swirling around that the Packers might take a QB. I didn't take them too seriously. But the pros in the front office apparently think Love can be our quarterback of the future that can continue GB's run of success. I don't know if that's true or not, but might as well see how it plays out now.

If they're right, they look like geniuses. If not, well they'll probably be known as the guys who wasted Rodgers' last years.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my strategy:

Trade 4th and two 6ths to trade up for Ayuik

Draft Logan Wilson in round 2

Draft Dillon and Degaura with the next two absolute picks, as they were projected to still be there. If not, oh well. Those positions aren't that valuable anyway.

Not addressing WR and ILB at all is what makes the draft bad, not just Love

Supposedly the Packers did like Aiyuk but couldn't make a deal with the division rival Vikings despite their best attempts. Minnesota traded their pick to San Francisco and they took the guy the Packers wanted, Aiyuk.

Then because of reported Intel that the colts we're gonna move up for Love. And determined not to miss out on their top two guys they traded up to make sure they got Love. Love it or hate it, it was aggressive, however I wish they had just gotten a deal with the Vikings and taken Aiyuk.

It really comes down to a"bird in the hand is better than two in the bush" situation. You have Rodgers right now a bird in the hand. You should try to maximize that by surrounding him with as much talent as you can because a hall of fame qb is rare. Two in a row is virtually unheard of and Love, the two in the bush, would be three in a row which is literally unheard of. Because it has never happened. I'm not saying it's not gonna happen cuz Love landed in the perfect situation for it to happen. Now it will largely depend on his will power and intelligence, he clearly has all the physical tools. Favre and Rodgers have both in drooves compared to the avg NFL player hopefully so does Love.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would a GM of another team want to trade for Love now at a high price when he can have him in a few years for a fifth round draft choice.;)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two in a row is virtually unheard of and Love, the two in the bush, would be three in a row which is literally unheard of..
I bet the odds of Love becoming a HOF quarterback are even lower than you might think, because I get the impression LeFleur leans more toward wanting a game manager-type quarterback. Would Rodgers have become as good as he is if he hadn't been drafted into a pass happy offense?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I`m in England so didn`t see the draft. I only looked at film of him last night on u-tube and wasn`t unduly unimpressed with what I saw to be honest. I get that the NFL is a different animal from college football but he looked okay, and given time he will develop. I think he probably knows Rodgers will treat him the way Favre reacted to him when he first got there. I`m one for giving him a chance to prove himself.
You are the only person that I have seen that thinks Rodgers will treat him the way Favre treated him ... in fact the general consensus is quite the opposite.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You are the only person that I have seen that thinks Rodgers will treat him the way Favre treated him ... in fact the general consensus is quite the opposite.

He`s not going to coach and help a guy who is ultimately his replacement. I know everything thinks he`s saint, but he`s he`s human being, so it wouldn`t surprise me in the least.

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Supposedly the Packers did like Aiyuk but couldn't make a deal with the division rival Vikings despite their best attempts. Minnesota traded their pick to San Francisco and they took the guy the Packers wanted, Aiyuk.

Then because of reported Intel that the colts we're gonna move up for Love. And determined not to miss out on their top two guys they traded up to make sure they got Love. Love it or hate it, it was aggressive, however I wish they had just gotten a deal with the Vikings and taken Aiyuk.

It really comes down to a"bird in the hand is better than two in the bush" situation. You have Rodgers right now a bird in the hand. You should try to maximize that by surrounding him with as much talent as you can because a hall of fame qb is rare. Two in a row is virtually unheard of and Love, the two in the bush, would be three in a row which is literally unheard of. Because it has never happened. I'm not saying it's not gonna happen cuz Love landed in the perfect situation for it to happen. Now it will largely depend on his will power and intelligence, he clearly has all the physical tools. Favre and Rodgers have both in drooves compared to the avg NFL player hopefully so does Love.

I really liked Aiyuk. The 49ers are just collecting talent. Lynch has been a Godsend for that team. I can’t think of a bad move that he’s made since he took over.

D

Deleted member 6794

I figured we'd get a WR in the second round but by the time our pick came up in the second the good ones were gone.

The draft class at wide receiver was considered to be one of the deepest in history. There's no reason to believe not a single good one was available at the end of the second round.

Projected by who?

For example, Lance Zierlein had Deguara rated as a sixth round pick.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josiah-deguara?id=32194445-4770-3400-9fe2-3240dc1a9dab

Overall, using Grinding the Mocks as a reference he was considered to be a consesus sixth round pick by the experts.

I agree with you Gary. He is light years better than Vitale and Graham.

While Graham didn't perform up to his huge contract he put up decent numbers. I highly doubt Deguara will come anywhere close to matching those.

If that's true Gutekunst should have tried to make a move with the Saints for the 24th pick instead.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool Wimm. I like Zierline. He isn't an NFL scout though.

Jeremiah was an actual NFL scout and had him in the 4th (119). And again, he's not an NFL big board either. The board is dependent on so many factors, especially team fit.

And calling Deguara just a FB illustrates how little you understand.

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool Wimm. I like Zierline. He isn't an NFL scout though.

Jeremiah was an actual NFL scout and had him in the 4th (119). And again, he's not an NFL big board either. The board is dependent on so many factors, especially team fit.

And calling Deguara just a FB illustrates how little you understand.

NFL GM’s have a small inner circle and everyone knows Each other well. We can look at as many projections as we want but those sitting outside that select group don’t hear the buzz surrounding coveted players. I’d rather take my guy a few picks early than to not get him at all. I think Darnell Savage is a pretty good example.

Members online

Latest posts