Trade Hundley

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I know I have joked in other threads that getting a half chewed pack of gum for Hundley would be a massive win for Gute. But with what’s happened in free agency and guys like Tom Savage getting a 1 year 1.5 million dollar deal, Chase Daniels getting a 2 year 10 million dollar deal and Mike Glennon getting a 2 year 8 million dollar deal, the market is there. How is Brett Hundley for $750,000 not enticing to a team? So my question is, what do you think we can get for him?

Talk to me a week ago and I would say absolutely nothing. Now, we could get a starting CB someone needs to get rid of for cap or easily a 5-6th rounder?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The "dilemma" for the Packers with Hundley right now, is his value isn't probably worth enough to take a chance on Kizer being THE #2. While I am not saying that after what we saw out of Hundley last year, he is our #2, nor would other teams probably view him as such, but he at least knows the system and can't get much worse.

The Packers for what little they could get for Hundley, might be better of hanging on to him until the cutdowns begin. Obviously, if someone came along and offered up a decent trade, then yeah, go for it. I just don't think there are a lot of teams high on BH after what they saw last season.

Every team has their own "Brett Hundley", I doubt anyone really wants ours bad enough.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some it can be a big dangerous man that wants to kill them, for others he is shyness. For us? TBD'd

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I can’t see the Packers holding on to him through the 52 man roster cut, because 3 QB’s on the roster (and 1 on the practice squad) just takes up space we need. Also, Nike Foles will be traded at the trade deadline for a 1st rounder, so Hundley looses any value. So holding on to him until the trade deadline kind of seems silly. I smell a trade by preseason at the latest, maybe even sooner. Right now his value is the highest it will ever be. I say get something for him before the draft!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think his value is that high right now, so while it may go down, how much? So they hang on to him and he lights up the preseason again like his rookie year (MAYBE) and 2 starting QB's go down (not on our team) and his value goes up? I'm not in any hurry to do anything with Hundley. He's not really taking up space on our roster to be used on someone better. he's not costing money compared to just any other person that would have his spot and it's not like we're sitting on 3rd round draft choices someone wants to give us for him. that said, i'm also not thinking we need to hang on to him either at all costs. 5th is borderline, 6th, 7th round? I'm holding on. 4th? maybe, 3rd ? who's high enough to do that? i hope someone because i'd jump all over it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can’t see the Packers holding on to him through the 52 man roster cut, because 3 QB’s on the roster (and 1 on the practice squad) just takes up space we need. Also, Nike Foles will be traded at the trade deadline for a 1st rounder, so Hundley looses any value. So holding on to him until the trade deadline kind of seems silly. I smell a trade by preseason at the latest, maybe even sooner. Right now his value is the highest it will ever be. I say get something for him before the draft!

I'm not sure Hundley has any value to be quite honest. His only value is probably to the Packers, in case Kizer is a bust or gets injured.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think any team would offer even a 7th rounder for him. In terms of a trade, I think his value is zero. If he were released I'm sure teams would take him for nothing more than his salary.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see anyone giving up draft picks to get Hundley. Yes, those other QBs are getting a few million, but giving up 2-3M for a backup is better than giving up draft capital.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think the trade Hundley for anything ship left port about the time #12 went down with the busted collar bone and Hundley showed about all he could do well was chew gum.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are still calling him Brett Hundley Haha! I started calling this cat Uncle Rico after The Minnesota game haha

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he just needs to be gotten rid of for the simple fact he made Matt Flynn look like Joe Montana in his prime.

H

HardRightEdge

I think he just needs to be gotten rid of for the simple fact he made Matt Flynn look like Joe Montana in his prime.
Matt Flynn was exactly what you want in a backup...cheap, a gamer, can hold down the fort playing 0.500 ball.

Hundley could probably benefit from a change of scene, a do-over, which is what Kizer is getting. I don't think he or you get off that easy. His trade value is probably a low conditional pick depending on whether he stays on a roster.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pshhh..you guys thinking someone is willing to give up a pick for Hundley are nuts. Hundley had 11 games to show the entire league how sorry he is. He was shut out twice (both at home) and was really the main reason the Packers looked so bad to end the season. The run game had come to and for th first time in like 20 yrs teams stacked the box against the Packers and made the QB and WRs try to win th game. Hundley will never be a starter...ever. He will be lucky to get a job as a backup after he leaves GB. To bad his swag and cocky attitude didn’t match his play

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts