Trade deadline

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The trade deadline is approaching and I think the way things are going on defense that TT really needs to consider helping Capers out by finding him some help in the middle or on that d line. We do need a tight end but the offense isn't in dyer need of one although it would help.

I know that the Niners are about to get Smith, Dorsey, Bowman , and Lattimore back soon so could Patrick Willis be an option for us? With Wilhoite playing so well while Bowman was out and them needing to clear space for Aldon smith contract someone has to go? Would TT be willing to take on Willis? I'd give up a 1st rd pick next draft, and a 2nd the following yr for him in a heartbeat . I'd cut Hawk at the end of the season along with Brad Smith, Not resign Tramon williams to clear up some space. packers are in a good spot as far as cap goes and Willis would be the ilb we have been looking for for years.

If TT and the staff are content with who we have in the middle then how about inquiring about Cullen Jenkins? He knows the system and he's quietly having a solid year on a bad Giants team. Wouldn't cost us much that's for sure and he's be an upgrade.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh it's fun to dream... but no. Probably nothing going to happen. Trade deadline in football isn't exactly what it is in baseball or basketball.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is true. The Packers are a good team but some key positions need to be upgraded in order for them to be a great team. No matter how great our qb is a good defense can slow him and the offense down..it happens, it has happened. Would be nice to have a defense that can get stops for him on. Consistent bAsis .

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT does not believe in sacrificing the future for the present. While it's fun to think about the players we could get in trades, I just don't see TT pulling the trigger.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only do I not see Thompson pulling the trigger on a trade, I don't see any trades of importance happening before the deadline. The NFL trade deadline is dead folks.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way we are going to get Willis. If TT decides to do anything, it'll probably be signing some undrafted free agent for depth at LB.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There won't be a trade, but I suspect TT is already studying this: http://walterfootball.com/draft2015ILB.php

From what I've read nobody studies the college draft more completely than TT. In spite of that, he's missed on quite a few high picks--which points out the difficulty of the job. Like golf, sometimes you can't miss a putt; other times you can't make one. I still like him, but he needs to put a serious sense of urgency into MM and his coaching hires before long.

Members online

Latest posts