Tracking the NFC North

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Should the Packers lose this week, they can kiss any hopes they had of homefield goodbye.
Could be right, but the only team I am overly concerned about as far as running away with HFA is Seattle. And they have a loss and a tie on their record. Along with that, they have this left:

Bills
Patriots
Eagles
Packers
Cardinals

And the Panthers week 13, who could be playing some good football by that point. Again, I do not trust Dallas for 16 games, I think Minny will go through a significant slump. I see 3-4 more losses on their schedule.

For the Pack, it's obviously important to win as many as possible, but we have to win the potential tie breaker games (Seattle, Minny, both thankfully at home)

After me saying all of that, I do agree that tomorrow is huge. :D

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be right, but the only team I am overly concerned about as far as running away with HFA is Seattle. And they have a loss and a tie on their record. Along with that, they have this left:

Bills
Patriots
Eagles
Packers
Cardinals

And the Panthers week 13, who could be playing some good football by that point. Again, I do not trust Dallas for 16 games, I think Minny will go through a significant slump. I see 3-4 more losses on their schedule.

For the Pack, it's obviously important to win as many as possible, but we have to win the potential tie breaker games (Seattle, Minny, both thankfully at home)

After me saying all of that, I do agree that tomorrow is huge. :D

The thing that sets up an exciting finish is that pretty much everybody is playing everyone else.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The thing that sets up an exciting finish is that pretty much everybody is playing everyone else.
Yep. Will make for some exciting football down the stretch.

What encourages me about the Seattle and Minny games is that if you can score on them, you can beat them. Because their offenses aren't potent. Both teams have major O-Line issues.

So if our offense continues to make incremental improvements like we have seen the past couple of weeks, and if we see even more tomorrow at Atlanta, we stand a good shot at winning those games, especially with them being at home where we can use the noise and snap count to our advantage.

D

Deleted member 6794

What encourages me about the Seattle and Minny games is that if you can score on them, you can beat them. Because their offenses aren't potent. Both teams have major O-Line issues.

It's extremely tough scoring points on those defenses though as both teams have given up an average of only 14 points per game so far.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's extremely tough scoring points on those defenses though as both teams have given up an average of only 14 points per game so far.
Agree with that, however, Seattle has went against just one team that is top 15 in points per game this season and that was Atlanta, and Atlanta put up 24. Respectable. To be fair, they held Arizona for 5 quarters touchdown-less which is certainly impressive, 16th ranked offense, but great playmakers.

With Minnesota, they have played two top 10 point per game offenses, Philly and Carolina. Wentz is a rookie and Cam has his head up his butt.

Not diminishing anything these teams have accomplished, but they haven't had the stiffest of competition in the world either. If we are able to get our offense anywhere close to respectable level, with a healthy defense, we stand a good chance.

Lots of football to play between now and then. Gonna be fun.

D

Deleted member 6794

If we are able to get our offense anywhere close to respectable level, with a healthy defense, we stand a good chance.

There's absolutely no doubt the Packers stand a chance of winning both of these games but it for sure won't be a cakewalk either.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I feel as if Dallas will eventually come back down to Earth, partially because I fully expect Jerry Jones to find a way to step in and screw the whole thing up. Atlanta with 3 losses isn't as much of a threat as I originally anticipated, and if we beat them tomorrow, we'll be 2 up in the loss column on them with the tie breaker. In that scenario, I think we are safe with them.

Seattle is interesting. I think that tie is going to hurt them in the end. The game against them later on could prove to be huge, as it could be a matchup of the two best teams record wise in the NFC. We'll see. I think Philadelphia provided a bit of a blue print on how to beat Minny, I think they have been figured out a bit with their offensive weaknesses.

If we find a way to get a huge road victory tomorrow, we're going to be in a great position.
Jones will absolutely screw it up. He will insist that Romo is the starter and they will lose 3 games before they figure put to that Dak is the way to go.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones will absolutely screw it up. He will insist that Romo is the starter and they will lose 3 games before they figure put to that Dak is the way to go.
Romo is still a good QB... I wouldn't expect a huge drop off in Dallas if Romo plays provided he is fully healthy. That being said, I would not bench Prescott.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings defense exposed? True identity? There defense can't put points up they can't win? Man a Division lose for them other than us would be nice right about now

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not an exaggeration to say it would be huge for us if the Bears can win this game.

Not only does it keep us within a game of 1st, but a divisional loss is very damaging to the Vikings for tiebreaker purposes. To put it simply, if we were to have our 2nd game against Minnesota next week at Lambeau and win, we would be the division leaders via tiebreaker .

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not an exaggeration to say it would be huge for us if the Bears can win this game.

Not only does it keep us within a game of 1st, but a divisional loss is very damaging to the Vikings for tiebreaker purposes. To put it simply, if we were to have our 2nd game against Minnesota next week at Lambeau and win, we would be the division leaders via tiebreaker .
Oh yes absolutely I'm a packer fan in Minnesota my wife is a Vikings fan all my friends are die hard Viking fans. I'm not gonna say they don't have a offense but they aren't as good as people think they are it's all there defense look at the first game in tenneseee there o line is trash so blitzing seems to work right now granite it's only been a few games so far but I knew they would wake up and come back to reality. Back to gb we need to figure out our injuries id rather lose games now and figure it out down the rd and get hot towards the end to the season let's just say it's a long season and anything can happen

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The game obviously isn't over with yet, but this game is proof that this division is not out of reach. Minnesota has issues just like all of the other teams in the NFC, with a possible exception of Dallas. They seem to be the most complete team.

Every other team has issues somewhere across the board. I think Minny started hot and hopefully will start to cool as teams are figuring out how to attack that defense, and that their offense is pedestrian at best. And on the flip side, as GB gets more healthy and hot, I think we'll have the advantage down the stretch.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah def not over but I'm liking the bears chances ahead three scores in the 4th

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game obviously isn't over with yet, but this game is proof that this division is not out of reach. Minnesota has issues just like all of the other teams in the NFC, with a possible exception of Dallas. They seem to be the most complete team.

Every other team has issues somewhere across the board. I think Minny started hot and hopefully will start to cool as teams are figuring out how to attack that defense, and that their offense is pedestrian at best. And on the flip side, as GB gets more healthy and hot, I think we'll have the advantage down the stretch.

Dallas might have an issue if Eziekel Elliot gets suspended !

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt anything will come out of the Elliot situation but they're still investigating the domestic violence allegations and the commissioners office said if they determine he violated policy, he'll be going on the commissioners excempt list.

Members online

Latest posts