Tracking the NFC North

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, it didn't take long. The Vikings lose a game due to their oline having a ****** day- the defense was fine- and the sky is falling for them. What makes anyone think the Packers could take advantage of it- if it were true- in their current state?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Especially with our deficiencies at CB and RB, our season rests on whether or not Rodgers and company finds a way to turn into the 2007 or 2011 Packers - all passing, no running game, and poor defense but still winning games.

We have the tools but still need to figure out the right way to turn on the switch.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, it didn't take long. The Vikings lose a game due to their oline having a ****** day- the defense was fine- and the sky is falling for them. What makes anyone think the Packers could take advantage of it- if it were true- in their current state?
Let's be fair. If the Pack was in the same position, pulling a performance like that even though they were the only unbeaten team at that point, TT's name would be cursed for such negligent stupidity.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers have a very solid pass rush and hit Bradford a ton when Bradford actually had his starting tackles.

No one said the sky is falling. It doesn't need to fall. Their margin for error has always been limited. If the Packers Jeep close in the turnover battle the Packer most definitely can best the vikings. Why wouldn't Packer fans think they could beat the Vikings. Their only impressive win is against the Packers. Their offense is ranked near the bottom in most categories.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The remaining schedules:

Packers: at Atlanta
Indianapolis
at Tennessee
at Washington
at Philadelphia
Houston
Seattle
at Chicago
Minnesota
at Detroit

Vikings: at Chicago
Detroit
at Washington
Arizona
at Detroit (Thanksgiving Day)
Dallas (Thurs. nite)
at Jacksonville
Indianapolis
at Green Bay
Chicago

Lions: at Houston
at Minnesota
Jacksonville
Minnesota (Thanksgiving Day)
at New Orleans
Chicago
at NY Giants
at Dallas
Green Bay

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Yeah as really the Packers in winning their games almost in Lambeau Field, it is a nemesis to the opponents. As Packers have the best fans in the world.
Rodgers is the key to winning the games for the Packers. Without him, the season and the team goes kaput!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The Packers have a very solid pass rush and hit Bradford a ton when Bradford actually had his starting tackles.

No one said the sky is falling. It doesn't need to fall. Their margin for error has always been limited. If the Packers Jeep close in the turnover battle the Packer most definitely can best the vikings. Why wouldn't Packer fans think they could beat the Vikings. Their only impressive win is against the Packers. Their offense is ranked near the bottom in most categories.
Which tells me that the Packers have zero impressive wins so far.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we have no impressive wins, and the only impressive win the Vikes have is a 3 point victory over us at their stadium, how does that make them kings of the world and us dog meat?

If we beat them at our house we are tied, at this point we would have a better conference record (upcoming games between then notwithstanding) since they are 3-1 and we are 3-2, they are currently 1-0 in division and we are 2-1, we could be leading the north.

I know no one thinks we are dog meat, but we are in the thick of this with all of our injuries. We have some really good players that will be coming back to play in the near future. No team is without weakness. We just see our weakness much more than we see any other teams. Other teams fans are just as worried about where they are as we are. I think we have a good chance to do a lot of damage. I also know we could be another injury or two away from missing the playoffs. But we have been here before and weathered the storm. Let's not start tying a knot in a rope yet.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we have no impressive wins, and the only impressive win the Vikes have is a 3 point victory over us at their stadium, how does that make them kings of the world and us dog meat?

If we beat them at our house we are tied, at this point we would have a better conference record (upcoming games between then notwithstanding) since they are 3-1 and we are 3-2, they are currently 1-0 in division and we are 2-1, we could be leading the north.

I know no one thinks we are dog meat, but we are in the thick of this with all of our injuries. We have some really good players that will be coming back to play in the near future. No team is without weakness. We just see our weakness much more than we see any other teams. Other teams fans are just as worried about where they are as we are. I think we have a good chance to do a lot of damage. I also know we could be another injury or two away from missing the playoffs. But we have been here before and weathered the storm. Let's not start tying a knot in a rope yet.

The 2016 North division could be a three team dogfight between GB, Lions and Vikings. All three have many injuries. Wins are wins impressive or not does not matter. Bears are playing for #1 2017 draft pick.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which tells me that the Packers have zero impressive wins so far.

You are correct.

I guess the Packers can try to say the Giants and Lions. The Vikings can try to add to their wins with the Giants too but in reality it is hard to fin quality wins. Almost hard to call the Packers a quality win right now but it hurts my argument that they could beat the Vikings if I also say the Packers arent quality :)

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Well hopefully the Packers can dispel the fact that we haven't had a single impressive victory so far this year by beating the Falcons in Atlanta this Sunday.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's a week to week league. There are a group of teams that are better than most, but it depends on injuries, matchups, etc. It all comes down to health and execution. things tighten up at the end of the year when teams usually start playing their best football.

If we go in and beat Atlanta they'll just say they're in a three-game losing skid anyways. If we lose people will continue to say the same things they have been. Nothing matters until December unless of course we lose too many before that .

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't expect the Lions to contend for the division because their defense isn't good enough.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's be fair. If the Pack was in the same position, pulling a performance like that even though they were the only unbeaten team at that point, TT's name would be cursed for such negligent stupidity.

No, they'd mostly be making the point that it's "just one game".

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's a week to week league. There are a group of teams that are better than most, but it depends on injuries, matchups, etc. It all comes down to health and execution. things tighten up at the end of the year when teams usually start playing their best football.

If we go in and beat Atlanta they'll just say they're in a three-game losing skid anyways. If we lose people will continue to say the same things they have been. Nothing matters until December unless of course we lose too many before that .

MM said something recently- "It's not who you play, it's when you play them".

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM said something recently- "It's not who you play, it's when you play them".
Cool! There is still hope for my NFL career. There must be some scenario where its go time for the ol' "Amish Aggressor", the "Theologian Thug", the "Barn-Raising Bruiser"!!!!

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.screeninsults.com/images...ring-johnny-carson-carnac-the-magnificent.jpg

A sage seer from the East has revealed the future of the NFC North in 2016, from information contained in a sealed envelope kept in a Mayonaise jar on Funk & Wagnalls porch.

Answer: The Green Bay Packers. Question: Who will end up winning the NFC North?

The Packers lose at Atlanta this week but bounce back with a home win against the Colts the following week to reach 5-3 at midseason.

They will get by a weak Tennessee team there before losing consecutive games at Washington and Philadelphia. But finish up the stretch back at Lambeau with a win over Houston to be 7-5 entering the final month of the season.

Answer: Another epic fail. Question: What will become of the Minnesota Vikings?

The Queens will move to 7-1 at the midpoint with a win over the punchless Bears on Monday night and a home victory of the Lions after. Then, what was exposed at Philly last week, begins to happen with regularity. Minny loses 5 in a row : at Washington and on Thanksgiving Day in Detroit, at home against Arizona and Dallas. The low point is reached in Jacksonville when they are upset by the lowly but improving Jaguars.

Answer: They will keep things interesting. Question: What about the Motor City Kitties?

The Lions will frustrate their fans with consecutive road losses at Houston and Minnesota. But pick up home wins over Jacksonville and Minnesota. When they lose at New Orleans they will be at .500 entering the final month but just a game behind in the standings.

Answer: They don't matter. Question: What about Da Bears?

Answer: The final month. Question: When does the division get decided?

With four games to play the Packers and Vikqueens are tied at 7-5 and the Lions on their heels at 6-6. Detroit, however, loses consecutive games at the Giants and Cowboys to drop out.

The Packers have a tough home game with Seattle but sweep the Bears for the season; while the Vikings beat the Colts at home. They will be either tied or Green Bay a game up heading into their match at Lambeau.

The Packers defeat the Vikings to clinch the division title.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

In the final game Minnesota beats the Bears at home and with the Packers already in they limit and hold out regulars in anticipation of the playoffs and lose at Detroit.

The final: Packers 10-6
Vikings 9-7
Lions 8-8.
Bears Who cares?

May the Bird of Paradise bring much cheese to your party.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it's certainly possible with the Packers easy schedule not actually being that easy this year (and for the entire division) as well as the impact of injuries; I expect the winner of the North will have to get to at least 11 or 12 wins to clinch. As well as contending for homefield advantage with teams like Dallas, Seattle and Atlanta in the NFC.

D

Deleted member 6794

As well as contending for homefield advantage with teams like Dallas, Seattle and Atlanta in the NFC.

I don't expect the Falcons to be in contention for home field advantage because their defense isn't good enough.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
While it's certainly possible with the Packers easy schedule not actually being that easy this year (and for the entire division) as well as the impact of injuries; I expect the winner of the North will have to get to at least 11 or 12 wins to clinch. As well as contending for homefield advantage with teams like Dallas, Seattle and Atlanta in the NFC.
I feel as if Dallas will eventually come back down to Earth, partially because I fully expect Jerry Jones to find a way to step in and screw the whole thing up. Atlanta with 3 losses isn't as much of a threat as I originally anticipated, and if we beat them tomorrow, we'll be 2 up in the loss column on them with the tie breaker. In that scenario, I think we are safe with them.

Seattle is interesting. I think that tie is going to hurt them in the end. The game against them later on could prove to be huge, as it could be a matchup of the two best teams record wise in the NFC. We'll see. I think Philadelphia provided a bit of a blue print on how to beat Minny, I think they have been figured out a bit with their offensive weaknesses.

If we find a way to get a huge road victory tomorrow, we're going to be in a great position.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should the Packers lose this week, they can kiss any hopes they had of homefield goodbye.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts