Tracking the #1 seed

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
No doubt about it, the Packers could end up with the best NFC record, and the road to the Super Bowl could run through Lambeau Field. We need to enjoy this moment, because we might not find ourselves in this position again for a few years.

Come on man....in my dream....after they win the SB, they all take pay cuts to keep the band together for 5 more rings!

Zad Fnark

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It it me, or does there seem to be a lot of weird upset games this year.

This week:
Patriots over Titans

Last Week:
Texans over Titans
Eagles over Saints
WFT over Panthers

Loved how the Bengals smoked the Steelers like a pipe...

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would take some time, but while I agree that there have been some stunning upsets this year, I'd have to question at least the Pats-Titans and WFT-Panthers as notable.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would take some time, but while I agree that there have been some stunning upsets this year, I'd have to question at least the Pats-Titans and WFT-Panthers as notable.
the way they have been playing the Patriots may be the team to beat in the AFC. No one else seems to want to be.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea why most sites still rank Cardinals as #1 in Power Rankings.

They may be half a step ahead in win/loss stats, but we are a better team...and will be once our injured folk return to the fold.

Ideally ranking should be

Packers
Cardinals
Buccaneers

After that it's a clusterfeck between Bengals, Chiefs, Patriots

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the Cardinals barely lost to a depleted Packers team, they have been very good and have lots of talent. They have also been winning without their star QB, which even Green Bay could not do. Granted that beating San Francisco and Seattle is an easier task, but it is still impressive to win without your QB.

I understand why they are ranked there but agree with you that we should be ranked higher.

Reaction score
For whatever reason, we seem to play better when we’re the underdog. I’ll take it.
Let’s all just sit back and watch these other NFC teams beat the hell out of one another while we heal up. :coffee: (Me sipping my hot Toddy this week!)
9-3

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned. Tampa is our next closest competition (after Arizona)
Tampa has lost 3 Conference games and 2 were common opponents (Saints and Rams).
As long as the Packers keep winning, Tampa can’t touch us. However our most important games are normally in our Conference because that’s our measuring stick. IF.. we we’re going to lose a game? the Ravens or Browns would be my picks. If we tie with Tampa we’d hold the best Common opponents record.

The Bears game is ultra important for a tie breaker. We have 4 opponents in common and the Bears are 1 of those. If we beat the Bears then Tampa can only win by beating our overall record.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Not going to go so far as to say that the Cardinals have been exposed, but their losses against the Panthers prove they are gettable.

The Cardinals have played pretty well considering Murray has missed the past three games.

No problem Capt. We had this sucker in the bag the entire time. We are flat out a better team than the Rams.

I'm glad I was wrong about the Packers not beating the Rams.

If we beat the Bears then Tampa can only win by beating our overall record.

The Bucs could still win a tie breaker over the Packers at 12-5 if Green Bay loses another two games vs. NFC opponents.

Reaction score
I just read an article about who to support during the bye week.
Lions and Bears and Falcons and Jaguars..OH MY!
Lions and Bears and Falcons and Jaguars..OH MY!

ps. After reading the article of who we should be supporting, I’m have recurring audible delusions of Vince screaming “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AROUND HERE!” :laugh:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah. We could’ve used some help with a Arizona or Tampa upset, but that Vikings loss is a sweet smelling aroma. At 5-7 the Vikings are likely 1-2 more losses from ending their hopes of a wild card spot. Too many teams in the NFC hanging around at mediocre

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts