Tracking the #1 seed

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams come in on a bye in 2 weeks. Is it just me or does it feel like we face a ton of teams coming off byes?

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams come in on a bye in 2 weeks. Is it just me or does it feel like we face a ton of teams coming off byes?
Byes are over-hyped jargon for the media. The team with the best strategy against their opponent will win 99% of the time regardless of bye weeks

Reaction score
We are getting help from SF as they are beating the Rams going into end of 3rd Quarter 24-7. This could help dropping them to 3 losses.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Byes are over-hyped jargon for the media. The team with the best strategy against their opponent will win 99% of the time regardless of bye weeks
Still, it's nice to rest and hopefully a week w/o injuries.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rams will be the second and last team that we have faced after their bye, Seahawks was the other one. Some years it works the other way. Just a part of scheduling. We will play the Bears fresh from our bye. We got a break with the Chiefs, we had a mini bye, having played the Cardinals on Thursday night before the Chiefs game. Meanwhile, the Chiefs played a Monday night game before and had to play the Packers 6 days later.

I would love to see all bye teams playing each other the following week, but might be a parameter in the making of the 32 team schedules each season, that is difficult to address.

I think it was The NFL Network that had a show on the evolution of making a 16 game schedule. Was actually interesting and showed all the nuances and complexity of it, especially with multiple networks wanting games, as well as all of the days and times that games are played.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Cowboys will stumble again before the end of the year. I really like the position the Packers are in.

Reaction score
Stafford illegal pass over LOS and loss of down. Then grossly overthrows the ball through the crossbars (close enough) on 4th down. Never understood throwing it out of bounds on the last play but whatever. Game Over
Looks like Rams drop to 7-3. I think we can beat the Rams, especially at home.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That's the advantage of a bye week. As GOP says as far as strategy and game planning goes I don't think its that significant.
Leave it to the Republican Party to think that strategy or game planning is not important. :cool: :coffee:

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The NFL is so dramatic of course this will probably happen lol. I can see it taking place in Dallas though

Reaction score
It all starts with a Win @Minnesota. They have an excellent pass rush (#1 in Sacks). A Vikings loss would relegate Minnesota to scramble for a 5th seed or higher.
If we can push them back under .500 the Vikings have an uphill battle to see postseason action altogether.
I see Dallas schedule as slightly tougher than ours. Especially down the final Dec stretch
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The NFL is so dramatic of course this will probably happen lol. I can see it taking place in Dallas though

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams game is going to be huge. I think the NFC West teams are going to drop some W's against each other. Its either going to be the Boys or Bucs who compete with us for #1 seed, and I see the Boys stumble first. Bucs and their schedule scare me.

I want the championship game to be at Lambeau again. In a packed Lambeau, in what is our potentially our last chance in quite some time.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rams game is going to be huge. I think the NFC West teams are going to drop some W's against each other. Its either going to be the Boys or Bucs who compete with us for #1 seed, and I see the Boys stumble first. Bucs and their schedule scare me.

According to the remaining strength of schedule the Cardinals and Packers have an easier one than the Bucs.

Reaction score
Correct, but according to me the Cowboys have the easiest schedule left.
The Cowboys remaining opponents current, combined records are -1 Win shy of .500
With 5 of 8 road games remaining

The Bucs remaining opponents are -14 Wins shy of making .500. They play an even 4 on the Road and 4 at home.

In Comparison, GB opponents are -6 back of breaking .500. GB 4 of 7 home contests are at Lambeau.

Based on real time SOS and homefield, I’d guess Tampa has the easiest schedule by a hair, then GB.. the Cowboys have the toughest opponents schedule of the 3

I’d just point out that a Packer Win Sunday leaves us 4 of our final 6 games at home, plus a week of rest going down the stretch and 3 of 5 at home after the bye. That’s being T’d up for a shot at that #1 seed.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a "homer," but right now, I believe the Packers have as good a shot as anyone else, to win the whole thing this year. We had a bad start, but ran off a great string, until Rodgers was sidelined for a game. Then, right back on the winning track.

Regardless of how tough the schedule may appear, if the Packers can get a couple of players back off injury, and avoid any more injuries to starters, they could easily be in the thick of it right down to the end.

I can only imagine the reaction amongst fans if we win it all, and Rodgers hits the road for somewhere else. It's going to be like a messy break up between that pimple faced boy and the girl who's crying is causing snot to run down her cheeks. Ain't gonna be pretty people!

Reaction score
That being said, I'd rather play the Bucs remaining schedule as opposed to the Packers.
I agree with that
Just an observation. Cards remaining opponents are most similar to GB -6 of .500. However they play 4 of 7 Road games.
To me playing at home is a slight advantage for anyone. However playing in GB in December goes from slight to moderate advantage due to weather conditions. The running game leans important and GB has a dominant cold weather RB. They partly picked a BC power RB for good reason. We’re about to see that reasoning come to fruition as the thermostat drops. I expect we learned good and well last season where we miscalculated. 4 tries from 8 yards and Dillon sat on the bench. Not good. Had we gotten 6 yards in 3 tries it put us in 4th down territory at the 2. Dillon was averaging 6 per carry in the NFCgame. Pete and Matt both folded on a hot hand

Last edited:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im guessing we are losing one of the two vikings games and also one of either the Ravens or Rams game. And obv im hoping its the Ravens

Reaction score
Im guessing we are losing one of the two vikings games and also one of either the Ravens or Rams game. And obv im hoping its the Ravens
Yeah. We are banged up good. Playing on the Road against a Division opponent that likely knows the implications of losing this game is very detrimental to their season.

Due partly to that fact, we need to be prepared for them going for it on 4th n short and sending the house

Also I would have our ST fully prepared for a trick play. Im smelling an onside Kick, fake Punt or fake FG to convert a 1st down in the Redzone. Everything but the kitchen sink will be thrown early.

Also the Vikings are currently #1 in D Sacks. Expect lots of stunts and extra pressure to get Aaron off kilter. We need to counter that over aggression early and often until the game settles in.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a "homer," but right now, I believe the Packers have as good a shot as anyone else, to win the whole thing this year. We had a bad start, but ran off a great string, until Rodgers was sidelined for a game. Then, right back on the winning track.

Regardless of how tough the schedule may appear, if the Packers can get a couple of players back off injury, and avoid any more injuries to starters, they could easily be in the thick of it right down to the end.

I can only imagine the reaction amongst fans if we win it all, and Rodgers hits the road for somewhere else. It's going to be like a messy break up between that pimple faced boy and the girl who's crying is causing snot to run down her cheeks. Ain't gonna be pretty people!
No it won't be pretty, but it dang sure will be entertaining in here!!!

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There is no excuse to lose to the Vikings. Even beat up we should make them call us papi.

As for the Rams and Ravens they’re both over rated. We probably drop a game somewhere along the way just by having a bad day but I don’t see any reason we don’t finish 14-3.

Members online

Latest posts