Tracking the #1 seed

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I understand that Crosby isn't to blame for all of his misses this season. The number shows they have to improve as a unit though.
Most definitely and I am not so thick headed to think that at some point Crosby will need to be replaced. I just don't think that time is now, nor would I expect some UDFA to step in and kick better than him ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on one hand, you could put a UDFA in there to get his kicks blocked just as easily as Crosby. The protections have been as poor as anything else. But then we still don't save any money because Crosby is a vet and his money is owed whether he plays or not.

So I vote they figure this mess out. I don't care if the punter or Love is the holder or anyone else just get it right. and get the protections done already. this unit is bad in so many areas. Get the rest right and then we have the rest of the season to see if Crosby is done or still worth giving a chance to fight for a roster spot next year.

Reaction score
I would like nothing more in life than to see Poker as our LS and Captain as our Holder. I would pay for a front row ticket for that trifecta of excellence

Thank You Lord for a pass on our Packer Loss with
Minnesota Loss
Detroit Loss
Chicago Loss
Saints loss
Eagles Loss
Rams Loss
Cowboys Loss

Blessings come in disguises

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would like nothing more in life than to see Poker as our LS and Captain as our Holder. I would pay for a front row ticket for that trifecta of excellence

Thank You Lord for a pass on our Packer Loss with
Minnesota Loss
Detroit Loss
Chicago Loss
Saints loss
Eagles Loss
Rams Loss
Cowboys Loss

Blessings come in disguises
You just want to check out my....backside.

Just speaking for myself....I want Captain as our kicker and I will gladly hold, but I won't wear a dress!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Most definitely and I am not so thick headed to think that at some point Crosby will need to be replaced. I just don't think that time is now, nor would I expect some UDFA to step in and kick better than him ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not advocating for the Packers to move on from Crosby at this point.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The #1 seed is fine. Since the Packers have lost 6 out of the last 13 home playoff games, they don't have much of a "home field advantage". I'd rather see them peaking at the end of the sesson like 2010 than having the #1 seed like 2011 and 2020 and wasting their seeding.

D

Deleted member 6794

The #1 seed is fine. Since the Packers have lost 6 out of the last 13 home playoff games, they don't have much of a "home field advantage". I'd rather see them peaking at the end of the sesson like 2010 than having the #1 seed like 2011 and 2020 and wasting their seeding.

I partly agree but getting a week off might end up being a huge advantage.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's crazy to me how much of a non factor Lambeau has become come playoff time recently. It's no longer a very tough place to play anymore IMO. It's also no where near as loud as places like Kansas City or how loud Seattle was in it's prime. I feel like the mystique is gone & opposing teams feel so confident coming in here(Tampa, Giants, etc). It would still be nice to win an NFC Championship at home in front of the home crowd in the Rodgers era.

Reaction score
Interesting note. The only teams with Defenses allowing less points than the Packers over a 9 contests stretch are:

New England
Denver
Arizona

Green Bay has quietly flown completely under the radar as far as D rankings because many focus on yards given up. We are ranked #8 in scoring (20.0) and dropping. One team in our way is a very well equipped Seattle D (ranked #6)
Here’s hoping to quietly improve on that this week.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching this Ravens/Dolphins game and I'm feeling good about the Pack's chances of going up to Baltimore & getting a W. I was iffy on that game previously but the Dolphins aren't good but seem to be stressing the Ravens out. The road to the number 1 seed is still alive & well.

Reaction score
Watching this Ravens/Dolphins game and I'm feeling good about the Pack's chances of going up to Baltimore & getting a W. I was iffy on that game previously but the Dolphins aren't good but seem to be stressing the Ravens out. The road to the number 1 seed is still alive & well.
We’re starting to see some teams’ weaknesses. Miami sold out to stop the run and It not only worked. It had Jackson hollering at his teammates as he marched up and down the sidelines.

I will note it was another Northern team going to South Florida, where the humidity was like 89%. Sound familiar? :whistling:

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’re starting to see some teams’ weaknesses. Miami sold out to stop the run and It not only worked. It had Jackson hollering at his teammates as he marched up and down the sidelines.

I will note it was another Northern team going to South Florida, where the humidity was like 89%. Sound familiar? :whistling:
Lol yup. I'm noticing that pattern too. As someone who lives in Florida the humidity is awful here and it just rained earlier before the game started. It was actually cold down here for a few days, days prior.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Unfortunately, a certain Southern team came to the frozen tundra for the NFCCG last year and beat us. Sucks to play in a different weather environment than you are acclimated to at the time, but a good team figures out how to win.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, a certain Southern team came to the frozen tundra for the NFCCG last year and beat us. Sucks to play in a different weather environment than you are acclimated to at the time, but a good team figures out how to win.
In fairness, there were only 7,500 fans in the stadium for the NFCCG if I recall correctly. Having a full stadium will help bring back a little of the missing GB "atmosphere" and late in January can always count on temps below 20 degrees (or worse). IMHO home games are always preferred, especially when the alternative is a 4 hour flight, night in a hotel, and then a 4 hour flight home afterwards.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In fairness, there were only 7,500 fans in the stadium for the NFCCG if I recall correctly. Having a full stadium will help bring back a little of the missing GB "atmosphere" and late in January can always count on temps below 20 degrees (or worse).
Good point on fans and that might have helped. But people are pointing to Northern teams having to go South and playin in more humid conditions than they are used to and struggling. As much as we want to think the same thing for the Southern Teams having a hard time playing in the cold, some teams have proven that they can adapt just fine. Atlanta came up to GB in 2002 (Season) and knocked the favored Packers out of the Playoffs by a score of 27-7. As mentioned, the Buccaneers last year did the same thing.

I guess to be fair, a bigger sample is needed and include non-playoff games. Who is up for the task? LOL

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting note. The only teams with Defenses allowing less points than the Packers over a 9 contests stretch are:

New England
Denver
Arizona

Green Bay has quietly flown completely under the radar as far as D rankings because many focus on yards given up. We are ranked #8 in scoring (20.0) and dropping. One team in our way is a very well equipped Seattle D (ranked #6)
Here’s hoping to quietly improve on that this week.
Nice. If we had Z and Jaire back, then we could be onto something special!

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
In fairness, the frozen tundra of Lambeau field was the "not so" frozen tundra in that game.

2 pm kickoff, sunny skies, 30 degrees. That's hardly a detriment to a visiting team.

5:40 kickoff at night, snow flurries and 10 degrees hits a little different. The weather experienced in that game against the Bucs was very uncharacteristic of mid January in Green Bay, WI.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In fairness, the frozen tundra of Lambeau field was the "not so" frozen tundra in that game.

2 pm kickoff, sunny skies, 30 degrees. That's hardly a detriment to a visiting team.

5:40 kickoff at night, snow flurries and 10 degrees hits a little different. The weather experienced in that game against the Bucs was very uncharacteristic of mid January in Green Bay, WI.

Could be. Like I said, just looking at the 2 losses against the Bucs and Falcons, really isn't enough data to conclude anything. We do know that statistically, the home team is at an advantage and I think that has been pegged in many cases to be about a 3 point advantage? Whether its weather, fans, travel, home cooking, etc. I would guess they all come into play to some degree and vary from player to player, team to team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

New England
Denver
Arizona

Just curious, where are the Packers in comparison to teams that have played 8 games? Only about half the league has played 9 games.

Reaction score
In fairness, there were only 7,500 fans in the stadium for the NFCCG if I recall correctly. Having a full stadium will help bring back a little of the missing GB "atmosphere" and late in January can always count on temps below 20 degrees (or worse). IMHO home games are always preferred, especially when the alternative is a 4 hour flight, night in a hotel, and then a 4 hour flight home afterwards.
No question that the energy level is dictated upwards by the fan count. Just the crowd noise alone can be an advantage.
My hope is that we get some windy weather and it forces us to balance to our run game. As we saw, Dillon is ideally suited for cold, slick weather. He’s like a 4WD Superduty Dually with a snow plow and a head of steam being tackled by a Half Ton or Passenger sedan with bald tires.

Members online

Latest posts