Toughest Division

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Detroit was at least half-way decent, it'd probably be ours.

But in reality, probably the NFC East.

I agree. IMO the Skins and Eagles handed the East to Dallas

I think the Lions will win more games than the Bears this year. I have a bet with my Bears fan neighbor with 3-1 odds :)

OP
OP
Wolvi

Wolvi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i do not think the bears helped themselves adding Martz...his teams always take alot of sacks and throw interceptions...Cutler already ahas the tendency to throw picks and with the pash rush that the Queens and we can generate, i think Cutler will be on his back alot this year...Detroit is definately getting batter...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFC East Sucks! It's tough based on how hard they play against each other. However I believe a team like us can just jump in and sweep them. Now that I got that off my chest, let me break down which division(s) I think will be competitive this season and possibly years beyond.

AFC South: This is who I believe will be the toughest next year. Any division with Peyton Manning spells nightmare for rival teams. We know the Colts will be vying for the playoffs, the Texans are a very underrated team on the verge of making the playoffs, the Titans will look to rebound and the Jaguars (while they may be the basement dweller of this division for years to come) can pretty much play spoiler.

AFC North: By far I think will be pretty competitive for several years. The Ravens have a young and vibrant team ready to contend, the Steelers are a great team despite the fact they lost Roethlisberger for quite some time this season, the Bengals have shown they can at least make the playoffs but have to be consistent and the Browns have a lot of potential based on their strong finish last season added with the right front office to help them rebuild.

NFC South: I think this is a very underrated division. The Saints just won the Superbowl but people aren't quite giving them the respect they deserve. If they can play like they did last year, a dynasty isn't out of the question. They have a lot of youth and talent to be solid for years to come. The Panthers are slowly creeping out of the NFL's elite but have the ability to win games, the Falcons are heralded by many to make the playoffs this year and the Buccs are in a slow but upward trend.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AFC East

Jets, Miami and New England

And that other team?
Yeah, but IMHO 3 elite teams with a crappy team is thougher than 4 paired good teams. In the first, almost everyone will beat that crappy team. If you lose to that, you're in a big disadvantage. Whether in the paired division, it doesn't happen like that.

I could very well see the AFC East 3rd place winning 10+ games. I can't say the same about the NFC East. I think it'll be the closest division, but I can only put maybe Dallas at the same level as Miami, NY and NE...

This, of course, based on a quick look at what the teams did last year, and their current starting roster. I have no idea if the Giants have a really talented young LB and CB that is gonna blossom this year, or that Kolb will be an elite QB his first year starting, and that the Eagles D will return to it's Jim Johnson form...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas won the NFC East last year, when most thought it was gonna be the Eagles.
Dallas destroyed the Eagles.

BUT:
We almost shut-out Dallas, allowing just one score late in the win over them.
Minnesota killed Dallas in the playoffs, running the score up on them.

Dallas & the NFC East are overrated.
Nobody in the NFL has a better 1-2 punch than Minnesota/Green Bay and the NFC North.

The AFC East can make a case, but we will see how the Patriots & Jets games go against us and Minny.
Hopefully they each beat Minny and lose to us. Chicago can beat one of them too.

I really think our division is underrated at the moment. Now I'd love the Grape Apes to fall on their fat ***** and prove me wrong, but I don't think so.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas won the NFC East last year, when most thought it was gonna be the Eagles.
Dallas destroyed the Eagles.

BUT:
We almost shut-out Dallas, allowing just one score late in the win over them.
Minnesota killed Dallas in the playoffs, running the score up on them.

Dallas & the NFC East are overrated.
Nobody in the NFL has a better 1-2 punch than Minnesota/Green Bay and the NFC North.

The AFC East can make a case, but we will see how the Patriots & Jets games go against us and Minny.
Hopefully they each beat Minny and lose to us. Chicago can beat one of them too.

I really think our division is underrated at the moment. Now I'd love the Grape Apes to fall on their fat ***** and prove me wrong, but I don't think so.
Chicago and Detroit bring our division down a bit. But, like I said, one of the better divisions.