1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Topic Close to Home - Colts

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by IPBprez, May 12, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    It appears that for the first time, the Indianapolis Colts are going to add a different surface to the inside of the NipperDome. I call it the NipperDome since I used to work for RCA - and ever since we were forced to give up an expected pay raise over that place - well, it leaves a bad taste in one's mouth... shortly after that, they went and moved to Juarez, Mexico - so now, who cares!

But this turf issue intrigues me... Comments!

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    what kind of diferent surface? the artificial/real combo?

any alterations to that green concrete will definately change the philosophy of that offense.

3. spaulding

spaulding Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Fieldturf.

4. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    The Colts had the "worst" field rated throughout the 2004 Season, from what I heard. And, it's a good thing the Packers got to be the Home Opener - I can't imagine what it would have been like later on in the Season... yea hey!

If that field turf is what I think it is - then that's what Ford Field has in Detroit.
    And the word is - when you land face down on the turf and get a lung full - it may come back to haunt ya! Know what I mean? I'm glad the Packers won't be back to this place until after they build the new place.... Whew...woohoo!