Top needs going into the off season

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we need a vertical threat. I just feel like the TE position is a better spot to look at for that. If they can get a vertical threat at wr I guess that is fine but our wr group was crushed by injury this year. It is hard to plan for losing your number 1, 3, 4 and having your 2 play with a bum shoulder much of the year. Even their number 5 *** injured much of the year. Janis was the only wr who came to camp and was healthy all year right?

Next year we are adding Nelson and Montgomery back to that wr group which should help quite a bit. Add a vertical threat at te and it is easily a top end offense again

Take a look at Tyler Higbee from Western Kentucky. He could be that guy for sure.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He most likely will and it will be just like the hawk/jones duo, which was terrible.

Which probably isn't the best course of action. Barrington coming back as the thumper, main run stopper is great. But we gotta add that guy that can cover TEs or slot Wrs across the middle and RB swing passes.

I truly believe that guy is the one position that we need that'll put us over the top. That and another edge rusher to improve/replace Neal or Perry. I say we keep Neal since he played double the snaps as Perry did. But am not against keeping both of them. Minimal change is a good thing and so is depth, especially depth with a guy who has been in the system for 4 years.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I think we will have a solid picking of linebackers in the first round. Darron Lee, Leonard Floyd, or Noah Spence could all mold into great Packers pick-ups. Taking an OLB might not be a bad idea, as he will have Clay and Peppers to learn from. If we do not take a LB in the first round I think it's crucial to take a NT. Rankins, Kenny Claark or Andrew Billings would fit the bill. The second pick should be an offensive weapon. Maybe a deep threat WR, though from my research I really do not like many of the prospects for this position unless we trade up for a top 15 guy. But a strong productive tight end like Hunter Henry or even Bryce Williams in the 3rd round would work.

FredR

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On defense, I think the priorities are 1. Interior linebackers who can do pass coverage as well as stuff the run and 2. Inside defensive tackles who can stuff the run and bring pressure up the middle on passing plays.

On offense, I feel ok at wide receiver as Nelson comes back and the young Abbrederis and Janis will have the speed to stretch the defense. Running back should be ok with Starks and a slimmer Lacy - it's the offensive line that needs depth - a lot of it. A better tight end wouldn't hurt.

Oh yeah - we should be set at quarterback.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On offense, TE and LT absolutely need some touching up on. We need a better TE, period.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take a look at Tyler Higbee from Western Kentucky. He could be that guy for sure.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Could be but A) we wont get to see how he does against NFL level talent in the Senior Bowl and B) with this class he might be overvalued. In an ordinary year I'd look at him as an intriguing prospect, not sure if I want him in the second round though.

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be but A) we wont get to see how he does against NFL level talent in the Senior Bowl and B) with this class he might be overvalued. In an ordinary year I'd look at him as an intriguing prospect, not sure if I want him in the second round though.

I most definitely wouldn't draft him in the second round. This guy will most likely be around though. He is a projected round 4 guy.

And for what its worth, he torched that SEC defense in Vanderbilt. I know they are pretty bad but they actually played some decent games. They gave the gators a run. The best game of his career came this season vs Indiana. They were ok this season for sure.
He has also had some decent games vs Kentucky and Illino

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will have a solid picking of linebackers in the first round. Darron Lee, Leonard Floyd, or Noah Spence could all mold into great Packers pick-ups. Taking an OLB might not be a bad idea, as he will have Clay and Peppers to learn from. If we do not take a LB in the first round I think it's crucial to take a NT. Rankins, Kenny Claark or Andrew Billings would fit the bill. The second pick should be an offensive weapon. Maybe a deep threat WR, though from my research I really do not like many of the prospects for this position unless we trade up for a top 15 guy. But a strong productive tight end like Hunter Henry or even Bryce Williams in the 3rd round would work.

I am happy to be on the same page as you with the type of players you are naming. Those seem like the guys TT should be targeting in the first round. Floyd, Spence, and Lee could all definitely replace what would leave with Neal or Perry if they aren't resigned. But I want to keep the Depth and not have to throw one of these guys into the fire.

It'd be a dream scenario if Spence fell to the second round if we took Billings, Reed, Rankins, Clark, or Austin Johnson at #27. If not, you hope Scooby Wright is there in the 2nd.
Or you take Floyd, Lee, Dodd or Spence at #27, then grab Adolphus Washington in the second round if Raji and Guion go. Or perhaps one of the other DTs who might drop also. Some crazy stuff happens of draft day. Anybody can fall to the late second round, it happens all the time.

I am really on all these defensive guys. I really think our Defense will be put over the top if we invest two more early picks in it. And I think that starts with bringing back Raji and Neal. They played more snaps compared to there counterparts in Guion and Perry. Depth is key! Id even be happy to bring back all 4 of them, or both NTs, Neal and then sign Demario Davis, Danny Trevathan, or Brandon Marshall in FA, then replace Perry with the 1st rounder.

And if you do any of that, then you can maybe grab that deep threat WR in the second round because you're not going to have to replace anything you lost. And the funny part is, you actually gain something you don't have by signing Davis/Trevathan/Marshall, which is an ILB that can cover TEs. Brandon Marshall being the best of the group and most defintely the guy I want them to sign the most.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos...he-best-coverage-linebacker-in-the-nfl/35232/

We have the cap to absolutely kill it this offseason.
Most teams are lucky to even replace guys they lost. Many teams lose someone, have no cap to replace him, and have to rely on a rookie. We have the chance to not lose anybody valuable, and actually improve by adding the one thing we need most.

I really, SO BADLY, want this draft to be as easy and straightforward as possible.Signing just ONE new FA will do that.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts