Top 5 Single Plays of the Regular Season

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(Fun Thread I think!)

I'm not sure if I can recall 10 clearly, so I will list my top 5, and my bottom 5 individual plays of the regular season.

Feel free to both comment on mine, and make your own list!

BEST 5

#1- Nick Collins [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVQftfj72_E"]Int with 10 seconds[/ame] left in week 17 vs the Bears off Jay Cutler, clinching our playoff birth and keeping our season alive!

#2- Donald Driver's amazing [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N35PTYbNVSk"]TD vs the 49ers[/ame] in the 3rd quarter with the Packers up by only 1 point in the 3rd quarter, where he broke about 7 tackles.

#3- Aaron Rodgers last-minute, clutch lazer beam [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cC-9LZX00"]TD pass to Jordy Nelson on 4th down[/ame] to tie the Falcons game.
It was THE drive that proved Arod had that clutch gene he'd need to become great. I pointed that out after the game, even though we lost, Rodgers came thru in gigantic clutch situation right there and I knew it meant a lot going forward.

#4- Clay Matthews unreal hustle to [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqg7TIsr39E"]force Brandon Jacobs fumble[/ame] vs the Giants, with the Giants trying to cut the lead down to 7 points. It was an amazing play by Clay, and Bishop to keep the ball alive. Matthews next biggest play to me was his sack on Mark Sanchez when that game was late and 3-0 or 6-0. I remember the whole sports bar erupting on that sack.

#5- Desmond Bishop's Pick-6 off the Vikings Brett Favre at Lambeau Field, in what would be a close, nail-biting win that turned our season upwards and theirs down. I can't find a clip of it on youtube amazingly. I think the NFL has fished them out and removed them, bastards!

WORST 5

#1- Aaron Rodgers getting his head concussed in Detroit in week 14.

#2- Greg Jennings dropping a sure-fire TD in that same game, and making it a sure-fire easy INT which ended a long int-free streak, and helping us lose a critical game.

#3- Mason Crosby missing a final-play GW FG (hit post) at Washington. Had he made it, this #3A would not have occurred in OT of the same game: Aaron Rodgers throwing OT interception and getting a concussion on the throw.

#4- Devin Hester's PR for a TD to give the Bears the lead on us in Chicago on MNF in week 3, in which there were 2 illegal blocks in the back the zebras didn't call even though they did mange the energy to throw 18 flags on us. James Jones fumble late in the game near midfield with the game tied ranks right there with the Hester TD.

#5- Aaron Rodgers fumbled QB sneak vs Atlanta in week 12, which cost us 7 points in a tight game, and 5A- the white offensive lineman Dan Connelley's 75-yard kick return vs New England. That was pathetic.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd put Matt Flynn's pick-6 somewhere in the "worst plays" list. I don't think there's another play worthy of being in the top 5, though.
Oh. That's right.

Dan Connoli's (sp?) kick return is one of the worse, if not the worst play of the season... Also, gotta add Eric Weems' return in the regular season as one of the worse...

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed with the best plays listed. For the worst plays, all of the dropped passes this season by the wide receivers in general. Terrible drops all season long

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were 3 more in the Bears loss that were all calls by the ref.
Two denied us interceptions, and one denied a Rodgers to Finley TD that ended up being a FG blocked by Peppers.
That game, and the Lions game, were just horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

But we won the Super Bowl!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah the pats return will live on for a long time. One of my least fav of the season.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I agree, you have to put Connolly's 71 yard punt return for the Pats in the 5 worst.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a few more: Woodson and CM rush Kitna, interception for CM who runs it in for a pick 6.

Bishop's pick 6 on Favre at Lambeau field.

CM sack on Kolb.

It necessarily wasn't an amazing play but I really liked Rodgers TD to Lee in the final game against the Bears that all but cinched the game along with Williams pick from Cutler that actually finished them off.

Worst: at least 2 dropped passes that would have been 2 interceptions for Brady had they been caught.

chaburns43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would put the clay punch out fumble at number one, and early on in the cowboys game Clay had a tackle where he just rolled through ther o-line and put a huge hit on one of their running backs. that might be top 5 worthy.

L

Lunchboxer

I think you missed the BJ Raji INT return for a TD Against the Bears in the NFC Title Game. That was a Huge Play.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stay with me here..

The tackle on Kevin Kolb by Clay Matthews, that put him out of the game. That allowed Vick to get some serious game time and earn the starting QB job. In turn he would go on to make all of the people around Philly so excited that this could be their year. He spends the season earning MVP honors, and selling many of his jerseys, which would be worn by adoring fans as Vick gets picked off by Tramon Williams in the end zone CRUSHING the Eagles fans. A moment not possible without that big sack in round 1.

Thank you Clay.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This had to be a favorite of mine, just to see us put Kolb out of the game, when he was supposed to be the best thing ever for Philly

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh5Vl0BlmPs]YouTube - Clay Matthews Sacks Kevin Kolb[/ame]

Members online

Latest posts