Top 5 Packers

Sky King

Reaction score
If they were truly dominant players for the majority of their playing careers, regardless of era, then they certainly are worthy of consideration. Some of the players listed in these posts had a few decent seasons but did not dominate the league. A few even look more like fan favorites than qualifiers for the much rarer all-time greats list.

Don Hutson was an all-time NFL great, perhaps the best example of that in team history. It is not necessary to have seen them play to realize that. Making a winning argument about some of the other players is less easy because they don't separate themselves from the pack as clearly. Not to say some of the others weren't very good players, just that their lofty status is not quite as clear-cut as Hutson's. He's probably a top-five all-time NFL player, not just a Packer all-time great. White is probably top 10 NFL and Starr is probably top 20. After them it's probably not as clear, even for an all-time Packers (only) list.

H

HardRightEdge

I thought McNally made maps?
Isbell was basically a Model T and Hutson was already retired while Pearl Harbor was still cleaning up! Poppa were you born during the Civil War!? :p
Lacking appreciation of historical context falls somewhere between flawed and shameful.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hutson certainly deserves a spot. Herb Adderly, the best corner Green Bay ever had, deserves at least an honorable mention.

I would put coaches and players on different lists, but that's just me.

Reaction score
Lacking appreciation of historical context falls somewhere between flawed and shameful.
Lacking the ability to recognize humor and playful banter is occasionally misdirected into fear and misunderstanding of ones intentions. Allowing people the benefit of the doubt is one of the hardest lessons to learn next to forgiveness.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Youngish Packer fan here, but Charles Woodson is honestly one of my favorite players of all time, any sport. He'd be in my top 5 Packers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts