Tony Romo Weakness

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80542306&template=without-video&confirm=true

The Cowboys lost 10-6 to the Philadelphia Eagles and Romo had what was statistically the worst game of his career, all while Simpson sat in a luxury box wearing a pink No. 9 jersey she proudly showed off for television cameras.

The problem for her is, Romo's previous worst game came last December at home to the Eagles when then-girlfriend Carrie Underwood was in attendance.

All we need to do come playoff game is invite jessica simpson

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it funny a lot of people are blaming her for the loss when in reality, Romo is just an average QB with an above average running game, offensive line, and receiving group. He also has a good defense and special teams that put him in good scoring position.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It reminds me of the Bears saying they lost to us last season because Rex Grossestman was busy thinking of the holiday.
Any excuse i guess. But hey, lets make sure ol' Jessica is at EVERY Dallas game from here on out!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I think maybe it had to do more with her old man being there... bad game and daddy might cut lil Tony off. :lol:

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it funny a lot of people are blaming her for the loss when in reality, Romo is just an average QB with an above average running game, offensive line, and receiving group. He also has a good defense and special teams that put him in good scoring position.

I disagree, Romo is a solid QB and as much as I hate hearing it, is probably the closest thing to BF in football right now.

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

I disagree, Romo is a solid QB and as much as I hate hearing it, is probably the closest thing to BF in football right now.

Agreed, people try to downplay Romo's success and say he's the product of a good offense...no, that my friends, is the 90's Cowboys QB, Troy Aikman, who had a 10x better running game/offensive line. Romo turns 8 yard losses into big plays on offense and can move the chains with his legs and his arm, a la Favre in his early years. He's no Favre yet, but he shows glimpses.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to think Romo was a solid QB, till I actually watched a couple games and seen what he was working with.

-#1 O-line in the league
-#1 WR in the NFC
-Top 5 TE in the league
-Best 1-2 punch at RB

Just my opinion. This is one of those things where I can talk till I'm blue in the face, but only time will tell(like Ted Thompson).

Eventually Romo won't have these elite teammates, where will he be then?

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of QB's are a product of thier system. That's the way it works. Brett Favre wasn't real good when he was slinging the ball to guys like Jamaal Jones and Taco Wallace while studs like Klemm and Whittaker were blocking for him. Does this mean Brett is "Not Solid".

You can be the best QB in the NFL but unless you have a supporting cast you are bound to struggle. Perhaps Owens and Whitten owe a large part of thier success to Tony Romo, instead of the other way around. He is third in the league in passing yardage, is a threat to run and makes plays out of nothing. He has a Completion Percentage in the top half of the league and a QB rating of 100+.

Other than holding for kicks, I can't think of anything he doesn't do above average.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

The closest thing to Favre. That is funny. The last I checked Brett Favre is in his 15th season. Tony Romo is in his 2nd season as the starter. Now go to your room and stand in the corner for making absurd comments!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget that Romo would have about twenty fumbles on the year, too if not for his offensive line's unorthodox roster designations:

LT, RT, C, RGWRRF and LGWRRF (RGWRF = Right Guy Who Recovers Romo Fumbles, LGWRRF = Left Guy Who Recovers Romo Fumbles)

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo isn't close to Brett Favre at all, he's Tony Romo.

Romo hasn't go Favre's armstrength and has a much more ackward and slow release.

If Romo hadn't been from Wisconsin nobody would have been drawing comparisons.

Think about it, people actually comparde Rex Grossman to Favre.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about it, people actually comparde Rex Grossman to Favre.

And if Grossman was blessed with the best Oline in the league, best WR in the NFC, and loads of other weapons like Romo, he still would be....so silly.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You hit the nail on the head.

Romo is an AVERAGE QB with an elite OL and an elite WR group, a solid TE, and above average RBs.

he's surrounded by talent. Put almost anyone else in his shoes and their QB rating would go up by 20 points.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo doesn't read defenses like Favre can. If Favre had 6 full seconds to throw the ball like Romo has, I guarantee you he'd have under 5 INTs this year.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Style wise Romo has an awkwardness that reminds me of Brett. He can make plays out of nothing. Thats what I am saying. I am in no way comparing his accomplishments to Brett Favre.

Romo is made better by the team around him, just like Brett was in the good ol' days. It's unfair to say Romo is not a SOLID QB because he has a good team around him. It's a very generic statement. People could have talked about Favres awkward style as well in the early days and they did. Turned out to be pretty damn good, huh?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Style wise Romo has an awkwardness that reminds me of Brett. He can make plays out of nothing. Thats what I am saying. I am in no way comparing his accomplishments to Brett Favre.

Romo is made better by the team around him, just like Brett was in the good ol' days. It's unfair to say Romo is not a SOLID QB because he has a good team around him. It's a very generic statement. People could have talked about Favres awkward style as well in the early days and they did. Turned out to be pretty damn good, huh?

Romo cracked the one time the Cows really needed him not to crack.
Will it happen again and again? We'll see. Right now, I'll put my money on yes.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:

He botched a hold, not exactly a requirement for being a solid QB. Favre threw 6 Int. in St Louis a few years ago so that must make him less than solid as well. Mistakes happen but Romo is deserving of the credit he is getting at this time.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Romo is the real deal. I dunno why you guys are banging on him. He is a Wisconsin boy making good!

I'm proud of him. Just wish it had been a different team than the Cowboys.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
KGB94SACKEM said:

He botched a hold, not exactly a requirement for being a solid QB. Favre threw 6 Int. in St Louis a few years ago so that must make him less than solid as well. Mistakes happen but Romo is deserving of the credit he is getting at this time.

Theres a minor, well glaring problem with that comparison. Favre already established himself as one of the best QB's in the league before that St Louis game. Romo hasn't even started two full seasons yet. My opinion, big difference.

I think Romo will be good, but I can't see why people are jumping into his jock so quick.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely despise the Cowboys this year, and wouldn't mind seeing Romo implode again, but it's cause I don't like the Cowboys.

It may seem like you're all alone on this one, KGB, but you're not. I agree with all your thoughts on the guy. Watching him play, he improvises like I've never seen anyone do, and makes plays where you think it's a ruined play, then you go "wait, what? How in the he...."

That's what reminds me of Favre. It's infuriating to every other team in the league, but you can't deny his playmaking ability. He creates by dancing around and slipping out of tackles until the very last second, then looks up and notices someone breaking coverage, so he throws it to him.

I love watching the kid play ball, but I have to ignore that ugly star on his helmet before I can enjoy it. I'd suggest that some of you guys do the same, and maybe you'll see where everyone else is coming from. :thumbsup:

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not saying he is a HOF QB but I think he just has the natural never give up attitude, jutst like Favre.

You know, I HATED the Cowboys back in the day but I definitely don't have the hate for this years bunch like I did Aikman, Smith, Irvin, etc.
I like Romo, he is a funny, humble guy who could have easily hung his head about last year. I don't like TO but he has been pretty quiet this year and seems to be happy, which comes with 12-2 I guess. I really like Barber and Jones. I like the tough grind it out style in the 4th quarter that they run with. If the Pack lose to the Cowboys in the playoffs I will even probably cheer for them to win the SB, which I can't believe I'm saying.

Members online

Latest posts