Tonight will NOT tell

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seen pax has a thread titled "tonight will tell" and instead of hijacking his thread, I will make this one(the CORRECT one).

Preseason week 3 is usually the key week for NFL teams. Their starters play well into the 3rd quarter, and it is the 'dress rehearsal' for the regular season. They say if you are going to make judgments off of any week, it is week 3.

So watch tonights game and get a peak of what 2006 will have in store for us? Right?

WRONG!!!!!!!!

Not only is it STILL a preseason game, but McCarthy said his 'marquee'(i cant spell, is that right? whatever) week is WEEK 2 OF PRESEASON!

So if you WERE to make any (serious) judgments of the team, it should have been last week(even though I still wouldnt suggest it)

With that said, if GB gets blown out in the last 2 games, its not a good sign, and if we blow teams out, its a nice thing to see. But don't let it get too overblown, especially since Green Bays dress rehearsal was LAST week vs. the Falcons.

GO PACK!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I seen pax has a thread titled "tonight will tell" and instead of hijacking his thread, I will make this one(the CORRECT one).

Preseason week 3 is usually the key week for NFL teams. Their starters play well into the 3rd quarter, and it is the 'dress rehearsal' for the regular season. They say if you are going to make judgments off of any week, it is week 3.

So watch tonights game and get a peak of what 2006 will have in store for us? Right?

WRONG!!!!!!!!

Not only is it STILL a preseason game, but McCarthy said his 'marquee'(i cant spell, is that right? whatever) week is WEEK 2 OF PRESEASON!

So if you WERE to make any (serious) judgments of the team, it should have been last week(even though I still wouldnt suggest it)

With that said, if GB gets blown out in the last 2 games, its not a good sign, and if we blow teams out, its a nice thing to see. But don't let it get too overblown, especially since Green Bays dress rehearsal was LAST week vs. the Falcons.

GO PACK!

LOLOLOL. Did McCarthy say that?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not if the Falcons were using their second game as a marquee game can we say that. Tonight should be a good baramoter to see where we are at this point of the season. Not to say that we are not going to get better because with the youth on this team, we will be getting better weekly.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why would our 2nd string vs their 1's be a marquee?

thats another reason preseason doesnt tell the story.

Even if our 2s dominate their 1s.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seeing as how the starters for both teams wil likely play well into the 3rd today, I'd argue that today would be a better barometer of the Packers than last week (notwithstanding what McCarthy said).

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Week 1 against Chicago will tell.

Tonight we just look for improvement. They're is a big difference in preseason atmosphere to a Week 1 home against your arch enemey atmosphere.

As long as you see improvement and 0 injuries in a pre season game then you have to walk away feeling good.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way, I'm so excited, I'm going to watch it like a regular season game. Favre, Green, Woodson, Manuel... It's like we've got all the horses playing.

I'm excited, win or lose.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im more interested in seeing how players do, and not the decisions made(playcalling,personnel packages,etc)

Players I will watch:

Manuel
Green
Jennings
whoever the hell is returning punts\kicks
Rayner
Ryan
Hawk

anyone else can struggle or do really well and i wont care (favre throws 3 picks? i dont care, he throws 3 TDs? whatever)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It still doesn't count. But i have to believe that this week will be the "test" before the regular season. I think alot of players will be playing for their jobs tonight, so i see it as a game that they will really want to perform well in.
But in the end, it STILL doesn't count in the final tally.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The key to watch for tonight is the offensive line, but it will be fun to watch a few of those new additions to see if there is anything there. But if that line gets better, I will feel better about the season.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
The key to watch for tonight is the offensive line, but it will be fun to watch a few of those new additions to see if there is anything there. But if that line gets better, I will feel better about the season.

Amen brother!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know where back to square 1. We're back to the week after San Diego. Friday Green Bay needs to come out and play better than they did against Atlanta. That's what they need to do to make up for this. It's awful right now but the title of the thread it is right. Tonight will not tell. I thought we needed to see improvement and we got none. That tells me this team is back to square 1.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Tonight we just look for improvement. They're is a big difference in preseason atmosphere to a Week 1 home against your arch enemey atmosphere.

As long as you see improvement and 0 injuries in a pre season game then you have to walk away feeling good.

This is the first thing I've seen tonight that I whole-heartedly agree with. Did we see improvement? No...but it's no reason to cancel the regular season.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
porky88 said:

This is the first thing I've seen tonight that I whole-heartedly agree with. Did we see improvement? No...but it's no reason to cancel the regular season.

yeah, great point. think ill call it a night. :D

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

WRONG!!!!!!!!

GO PACK!

Put down the Kool-Aid and the crack pipe Nonadz. They stunk it up tonight, no excuses . My Bears have been playing like $hit for the most part so far and at least I can even admit it, and on a board in which I am greatly outnumbered as well. Your homerism precedes you and if you think what GB did tonight in the first half was meaningless and has no reflection of their talent level or what's to come then think again. Tonight was the dress rehearsal for at least an entire half and they gave up over 30 points, wake up and stop calling people names for pointing out the obvious truths even if it is negative and you don't want to hear it with your blind homerism leading the way.
You are a ****ing moron! (sound familiar):wink:

Members online

Latest posts