1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

To The NFL Network

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zeck180, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    Since for the whole two weeks before the Super Bowl it sounded to me you had in for the Packers because, "They don't have any Super Bowl experience". How the Steelers will win because they've been to the Super Bowl before. Well I ask you, How do you like the Pack now?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    packers wanted it more because they never won one before was my come back to the whole no experience garbage

• Like Like x 3
  3. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    That's no what I got. Most of the talking heads on NFL Network picked the Packers.

4. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    They like 'em a lot now. You are right, it always felt like they thought it was a foregone conclusion that Ben would get three.

5. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    That's what I saw too.

Between the Joe Buck thread and this one I don't know where this whole "the media hates us" stuff is coming from. Most people picked us to win the game, from what I saw.

6. Claymaker

Claymaker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    All the media was on GB. I think on Fox everyone but Bradshaw picked GB (YEAH)! On ESPN the talking heads I think it was 7-3 picking GB. The former Super Bowl champs show on ESPN all but 1 picked Green Bay. Greenberg picked Pitt which is just about a guaranteed Packer win. NFL Network I think most picked Green Bay.

7. BigBayBlues

BigBayBlues Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +34
    Gotta agree. It makes us sound pretty whiney...like we're trying to feel like we were underdogs. This was a battle fought between to VERY similar and evenly matched teams, and the Pack just happened to be the better team last night. I was worried the last two weeks because of how much people in the media were hyping up how good we were. So, don't really know what media all these people listen to/watch.

8. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    we weren't the underdog, well to everyone but Skip they weren't, yeah there were a LOT of idiots out there that tried to talk down the Packers.

9. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    To be fair, experience can play a role. Sitting home all week, I watched every friggin hour of Super Bowl coverage, and I didn't get a sense that they were picking against the Packers *because* of the lack of experience, but merely pointing out that having experience *can* play a role.

There are some teams who would just be grateful they were there, that they made it to the Super Bowl. While I don't feel like this team is one of those types of teams, there are some who would get caught up in all the hype and hoopla surrounding the game (Raiders in 2002 for example) that they would literally forget why they were there in the first place.

Anyway, we can put the "Media doesn't respect us" card to bed too. It's tired and is un-true. It's time we stop acting like everyone hates us, because they don't. Well, except Colin Cowherd. And Brett Favre.