Time Machine Trades

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for a bit of fun, if we could trade for any one player from history who would it be?

Some parameters:

1) Only trade to best fill the biggest current hole as you see it.

2) Try to trade with a Packers philosophy, i.e serious offenders probably not welcome.

3) No stinking Vikings ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would have to be defense. It wouldn't be Jerry Rice because all we need is Jordy Nelson and Aaron Rodgers and our offense is golden. I disagree with your "Packers philosophy" so I would say LT and no I don't mean LaDainian Tomlinson. Sure he was an OLB but we could move Clay to the inside and have LT, Clay and Julius as 3 of our 4 starters and I'd be happy with that.

If you want to stick to just ILBs then Ray Lewis but if you are going to hold me to the Packer philosophy I'd probably have to go with either **** Butkus or Mike Singletary with the nod going to Butkus simply because some of Singletary's success may be attributed to the fact that everyone on the defense was a stud. Its the same reason I would go with Butkus over Jack Lambert. There are a lot of good ones there though, Nitschke, Huff, Bednarick I'd take any one of them.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It would have to be defense. It wouldn't be Jerry Rice because all we need is Jordy Nelson and Aaron Rodgers and our offense is golden. I disagree with your "Packers philosophy" so I would say LT and no I don't mean LaDainian Tomlinson. Sure he was an OLB but we could move Clay to the inside and have LT, Clay and Julius as 3 of our 4 starters and I'd be happy with that.

If you want to stick to just ILBs then Ray Lewis but if you are going to hold me to the Packer philosophy I'd probably have to go with either **** Butkus or Mike Singletary with the nod going to Butkus simply because some of Singletary's success may be attributed to the fact that everyone on the defense was a stud. Its the same reason I would go with Butkus over Jack Lambert. There are a lot of good ones there though, Nitschke, Huff, Bednarick I'd take any one of them.
So who would you have to give up for LT or Butkus? The title of the thread is trades not free agents and you aren't going to get them with Boykin and Kuhn and a 5th round pick. Forget about the fact that an average lneman "back in the day" wasn't much bigger than todays fullbacks and linebackers.
No Vikings? I'd trade rookie Adams for a rookie Randy Moss any time.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who would you have to give up for LT or Butkus? The title of the thread is trades not free agents and you aren't going to get them with Boykin and Kuhn and a 5th round pick. Forget about the fact that an average lneman "back in the day" wasn't much bigger than todays fullbacks and linebackers.
No Vikings? I'd trade rookie Adams for a rookie Randy Moss any time.

Gee, I didn't know this was a serious thread and that we actually could trade for these guys. I thought we were having a bit of fun.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Gee, I didn't know this was a serious thread and that we actually could trade for these guys. I thought we were having a bit of fun.
Just wondering who you think we'd have to give up to get him. Otherwise it would be title something like "add any player from league history."

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wondering who you think we'd have to give up to get him. Otherwise it would be title something like "add any player from league history."

I don't know, maybe Jarret Bush. I think the intention of he thread was what player would you want from history and for the most part people are going to want the better players. If you take any of the top 10 players at any of the positions we probably can't trade for him so It doesn't matter who you choose chances are we don't have the ammunition to trade for him anyway.

Members online

Latest posts