1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tight End Screen Pass

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by broguy, Jan 4, 2016.

1. broguy

broguy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    It seems like we run this play to Rodgers at least once a game. Why? What's the ceiling on that play? 4 yards? Last night was the most successful version of it I've seen, as Rodgers broke a tackle for a loss and gained 3 yards before trying to dance around two defenders instead of plowing ahead for a first down. And I'm not knocking Rodgers here (we all know his limitations, except maybe McCarthy?), I just wish McCarthy would burn this page of the playbook.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,895
    I would much rather see the screen set up for Starks, Cobb, Lacy or even Kuhn. It has been an effective play for the Packers in the past, especially around the goal line. But you are correct, Richard Rodgers between the 20's isn't the guy it should be going to.

3. ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +224
    Said it in another thread. This play has to go away until we have a tight end who 1.) has decent speed and 2.) doesn't fall down when someone sneezes.

4. Patriotplayer90

Patriotplayer90 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +340
    It just doesn't make much sense even with a more athletic TE. You'd think they'd want to get the ball to a guy with more acceleration and quickness than a TE with no blocking in front of him.

5. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +353
    I DESPISE this play.

6. Patriotplayer90

Patriotplayer90 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +340
    Maybe the problem isn't who is picking the plays during game time, but the plays they have to choose from. This play doesn't have any business being in an NFL playbook.