Tight End Screen Pass

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like we run this play to Rodgers at least once a game. Why? What's the ceiling on that play? 4 yards? Last night was the most successful version of it I've seen, as Rodgers broke a tackle for a loss and gained 3 yards before trying to dance around two defenders instead of plowing ahead for a first down. And I'm not knocking Rodgers here (we all know his limitations, except maybe McCarthy?), I just wish McCarthy would burn this page of the playbook.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I would much rather see the screen set up for Starks, Cobb, Lacy or even Kuhn. It has been an effective play for the Packers in the past, especially around the goal line. But you are correct, Richard Rodgers between the 20's isn't the guy it should be going to.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like we run this play to Rodgers at least once a game. Why? What's the ceiling on that play? 4 yards? Last night was the most successful version of it I've seen, as Rodgers broke a tackle for a loss and gained 3 yards before trying to dance around two defenders instead of plowing ahead for a first down. And I'm not knocking Rodgers here (we all know his limitations, except maybe McCarthy?), I just wish McCarthy would burn this page of the playbook.

Said it in another thread. This play has to go away until we have a tight end who 1.) has decent speed and 2.) doesn't fall down when someone sneezes.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just doesn't make much sense even with a more athletic TE. You'd think they'd want to get the ball to a guy with more acceleration and quickness than a TE with no blocking in front of him.

Latest posts