Ticket/Apparel Sales

Reaction score
You think the popularly of The Packers through ticket/apparel sales will decrease if
Rodgers leaves Green Bay ?

How about NFL football in general, you see a diminished in interest dropping
in the game for variances reasons?

Just Asking

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popularity may actually increase if Love lives up to expectations and isn't a drama queen

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we'll sell less Rodgers Jerseys and more Love Jerseys that's for sure. the Stadium will still be sold out regardless of how many they're actually letting in and things will move on in a football town.

and yes, interest in football is way down at high school levels all across this country. Its only a matter of time until that is felt up at the pro ranks. Sure we have people that may or may not watch because of various drama fueled reports on their boob tubes, but for the most part, people are still watching a lot. But man, I can't believe how far high school football has fallen off recently. Kids are done playing by high school and nobody goes to watch anymore.

Even if they couldn't, most kids still wanted to play football and were interested in it when I was growing up. I can't believe how many kids couldn't care less about it these days. They won't be watching as adults. Unless they like to gamble.

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
But man, I can't believe how far high school football has fallen off recently. Kids are done playing by high school and nobody goes to watch anymore.

You think soccer has taken over to football?
It's been awhile since I had kids around, but everyone seems to be focus on soccer
at the high school level.

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
I been for years now watching a lot of college football on Saturdays.
Man those young players have guts, fast, and try a lot trick plays
that you don't see much in the NFL.

My home state is Wisconsin and I watch the Badgers when I can get them on TV,
even though that school is so dam liberal it makes me sick.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I been for years now watching a lot of college football on Saturdays.
Man those young players have guts, fast, and try a lot trick plays
that you don't see much in the NFL.

My home state is Wisconsin and I watch the Badgers when I can get them on TV,
even though that school is so dam liberal it makes me sick.
Wisconsin does a lot of trick plays?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I had kids around, but everyone seems to be focus on soccer
Soccer is all pay to play around here and nobody but the parents go watch those. It’s worse than football in terms of interest. Lots of young kids, but they’re all done by high school.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
IMO it's the year round training for football that burns the kids out. Summer camps, weight and speed training in the winter plus devoting all your family time to get on the tournament teams that travel across the state every weekend. This just to get on to some decent high school teams to get noticed by the major colleges as a freshman or sophomore.

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
IMO it's the year round training for football that burns the kids out. Summer camps, weight and speed training in the winter plus devoting all your family time to get on the tournament teams that travel across the state every weekend. This just to get on to some decent high school teams to get noticed by the major colleges as a freshman or sophomore.

Also heard some of these football/baseball scouts follow these kids from grade school
on up to sign them at a future date after high school if they go on to a college level.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's everything these days. So many people are surprised to find out I don't take my kids to any sports stuff yet. Which I think is weird because they're only 7 and 4, like what organized sports matter at that age? They do 3 year old t-ball at the park behind our house.

What a waste. Go play catch for 3 minutes in your yard before they want to go do something else and have mom/dad time or take them to "practice" for 2 hours and watch them kick sand around on a baseball field LOL

and people wonder why they're DUN by high school.

There is little doubt that an 8 year old that practices something 5 days a week will be better than other 8 year olds that don't. But then stacking a group of 10 year olds to win anything doesn't amount to jack either later in life. It should be becoming glaringly obvious that this immersion in school or sports at these young ages is great for excelling at young ages and does nothing in the long term at the very best. and there is plenty of evidence to show it's actually detrimental in the long run both academically and athletically.

It's ironic that youth sports are likely going to be the death of pro sports in the future.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My niece graduated from Wisconsin. She never got sick in 4 years there. I love that school.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
liberal school?

Ok I admit to confusion as over here schools have to follow a national curriculm & are checked by Government organisation called OFSTED.

Soccer is huge all over the world especially here in Europe & UK.

most kids play soccer. I did & I hated it but my mates played so I joined in.

onto jersey sales.

I think the demand will still be there I have a fair number of shirts. #4. #21 #12 #52 #50 to name a few

some the blue retro some home some road

I did read somewhere that mothers were getting worried their children would be hurt playing football...not so much broken bones but head trauma so they are not keen on their children playing.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think like when Favre left the fanbase will divide until Love or whoever is next proves themself to be THE GUY.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think the popularly of The Packers through ticket/apparel sales will decrease if
Rodgers leaves Green Bay ?

How about NFL football in general, you see a diminished in interest dropping
in the game for variances reasons?
No - the Packers have established themselves as a marketable product, both by capitalizing on its history and the last 30yrs of winning culture. Even a few down years will not suppress the fan enthusiasm. Folks like me will go because tickets are cheaper....and I'll wear my Brett Hundley jersey with pride.

I don't see the NFL losing steam either. NASCAR took a big hit years ago with rules changes, ticket prices, and the end of the 'letting boys be boys' racing culture. Even before the pandemic, many tracks were historically packed were near empty for races. You used to pay through the nose to get tickets for the night race at Bristol, TN. When my wife and I went in 2015 and again in 2019 it was less than 50% full. NFL games are still well-attended and networks are still paying handsomely for tv contracts. It would take many many years for that to change.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popularity may actually increase if Love lives up to expectations and isn't a drama queen
Yeah, besides which, most people already have a Rodgers jersey if they wanted one. Presumably there would be a lot of people buying Love jerseys to support the current quarterback.

One good thing about Love, there were a lot of people angry at Rodgers when he took over. I don't think Love has done anything to anger anyone, but to be fair Rodgers didn't really either (back then).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts