Thurs Bears game: Stopping Howard will be Key

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am actually kind of worried about this game. Rodgers cant certainly outplay whoever the Bears QB is (I am not going to lie, I have NO SWEET CLUE who that is)

But the running game. A lot of teams that beat us do so on the ground. Howard is undeniably talented. Our run defense has to be top notch and we have to find some kind of answer on the ground of our own if we really wanna win.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How the heck can anyone blame Thompson for all four of his top tackles being hurt at the same time?

It's like, if a storm knocked a tree down in your yard and it knocked out your window, and then your neighbor showed up and was like "hey... you're and idiot."

Glad TT isn't my neighbor, my dog would be preggo! ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have to perform and stay healthy. The Bears have two legitimate threats out of the backfield, but we've faced better over the years and they don't have much of a threat beyond that. I think we'll be fine. I think we can play run and have enough on the back end to keep that all in check. Having Daniels back would go a long ways towards beefing up that rotation to shut that part of their game down. The Bears have a good defense, but it's not the best we've seen or will see. our Tackle situation worries me, but you just go with what you have. They should be able to complete enough plays to beat the Bears.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a tough game, and I wouldn't be shocked if we lost. The Bears have talent on D, so another hard day's work is ahead for our banged up Oline. The key will be the D getting some turnovers, and winning field position.
Packers, 23-17.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the heck can anyone blame Thompson for all four of his top tackles being hurt at the same time?

It's like, if a storm knocked a tree down in your yard and it knocked out your window, and then your neighbor showed up and was like "hey... you're and idiot."

I see it more like Thompson cutting down the tree himself, misjudging the angle, and it falling into your yard knocking out your window. Prior to the season many ppl in here thought the depth across the o line was questionable...yet he didn't really do anything. This is kinda his fault.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see it more like Thompson cutting down the tree himself, misjudging the angle, and it falling into your yard knocking out your window. Prior to the season many ppl in here thought the depth across the o line was questionable...yet he didn't really do anything. This is kinda his fault.
One team that is 4 tackles deep. Go

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Show me a person who was questioning how good our #5 OT should be.... Just one

Are you really going to keep the TT hating goggles on just so you can say him not adequately filling the Tackle position 5 deep is his fault? Good ****ing lord.

Murphy played well weeks one n two then had a rough week this past week. Still I'd say I'm comfortable with him as a backup Tackle. So please list a single team that goes even just 4 Tackles deep

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is easy for Rodell, he *****es about all things Packers and Ted Thompson. So when something presents itself he gets to say , I told you so. LOL

He loved the last game, right up until we won

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bears have a good d (and pretty good o). so do det and minn (especially det). det may be the best team in the north right now. this is a must win game. the Packers aren't going to have a cake walk to the nfc north title. i was pulling for atl to beat det. nothing happens without winning the north.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been very pleased with Murphy. I think his roughest times have been when he's had to play LT, which he's not(a LT).

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Murphy went out and battled. He got schooled on Sunday at LT. They beat him with speed, they beat him with power, they beat him with almost every move in the book. The guy battles though, we'll see if he learns from it and gets better. But he isn't quitting. He did better the week before.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Murphy went out and battled. He got schooled on Sunday at LT. They beat him with speed, they beat him with power, they beat him with almost every move in the book. The guy battles though, we'll see if he learns from it and gets better. But he isn't quitting. He did better the week before.

I think he'll be fine. I like the comments on him, his attitude and work ethic from his teammates.
Let's also not forget, the Bengals have a lot of talent on D and a pretty good pass rush. They'd have been a handful even if all our starters were healthy and playing.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is easy for Rodell, he *****es about all things Packers and Ted Thompson. So when something presents itself he gets to say , I told you so. LOL

He loved the last game, right up until we won

You sound dumb. Don't make it seem like I wasn't happy we won to try to make a point.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Show me a person who was questioning how good our #5 OT should be.... Just one

Are you really going to keep the TT hating goggles on just so you can say him not adequately filling the Tackle position 5 deep is his fault? Good ******* lord.

Murphy played well weeks one n two then had a rough week this past week. Still I'd say I'm comfortable with him as a backup Tackle. So please list a single team that goes even just 4 Tackles deep

Of course most teams only keep 4 OTs goodness!! My point is instead of adding all this WRs who weren't going to make it anyways? Sure up the o-line.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'll be fine. I like the comments on him, his attitude and work ethic from his teammates.
Let's also not forget, the Bengals have a lot of talent on D and a pretty good pass rush. They'd have been a handful even if all our starters were healthy and playing.
i guess we'll have to wait till next year to find out. Another guy to IR :( **** man, i'd ask when it ends, but i'm afraid to find out

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Only bright side is that we haven't lost Bulaga and/or Bakhtiari for the season.

*knocks on wood repeatedly*

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sound dumb. Don't make it seem like I wasn't happy we won to try to make a point.
I sound dumb so you can understand me :) Sorry, I couldn't pass it up.

Of course most teams only keep 4 OTs goodness!! My point is instead of adding all this WRs who weren't going to make it anyways? Sure up the o-line.

if we go back in your post history to 2015 and heading into 2016, there better not be a single post where you're talking about needing, more, better, or different WR's. I'm guessing there's probably more than one though

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers just brought in a tackle from AZ's practice squad but he has a injury history as well. On the one hand we really miss Bak and Bulaga. On the other we don't need to rush them back. Look what happened to Bulaga when he tried to play. Man, this is crazy!:eek:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We add O lineman every single draft. At what point can u not hold the lines depth against TT? When their starters are hurt and the top 3 choices to back up those Tackles are on IR maybe?

You even said it yourself. Most teams don't even carry 4. If Bakhtiari and Bulaga sit out were playing our 6th n 7th best options. There's literally no way to prepare for that

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daniels, Perry (with club), Ryan and Brice returned too.

So we were only missing Bulaga and House today.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping Murphy is 'designated to return'. As hard as the kid has worked, it would be a damn crying shame to see him miss the rest of the season.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping Murphy is 'designated to return'. As hard as the kid has worked, it would be a damn crying shame to see him miss the rest of the season.
no such thing as "designated to return anymore"... Teams can now bring back up to 2 players from IR and do not have to make the decision until they bring them back.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sound dumb so you can understand me :) Sorry, I couldn't pass it up.

if we go back in your post history to 2015 and heading into 2016, there better not be a single post where you're talking about needing, more, better, or different WR's. I'm guessing there's probably more than one though

I'm sure you'll find one. That doesn't have anything to do with making sure the o/line is stout tho man. If you can't protect Rodgers the Packers have zero chance at going to the playoffs.