1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This weeks quest for perfection could use a lot of backups

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by G0PackG0, Dec 13, 2011.

1. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    The Chiefs are finished. Leaderless on the sidelines and the field. I would have backups in as soon as there is a 2td lead. Rested victory! Flynn can run the offense with Cobb at #1

2. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Nope, chiefs as still an NFL Pro team. 2 td's are not enough. You play your horses until there is no chance of a comeback. then you bring in the backups.

3. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    you ever watch Pro football? so what you are saying is, the Packers score a td on each of thier first two drives KC punts both times.Pack are up 14 zip....bring in Flynn?

4. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    If we have a 2TD lead going into the 4th quarter or a 3TD lead in the 3rd quarter, sit Rodgers, Grant/Starks, Matthews, Driver, Raji, Finley, Newhouse (to get Sherrod more valuable experience), Hawk, and Woodson. Otherwise, they all keep playing. That's how I'd run it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    Maybe you can rest some d-line people because the chifes q.b is awful but our o-line if they put up points like they did on the raiders,then put Flynn in but you need your play makers they do have a good d-line.

6. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Yes. Flynn will tear up KC.

7. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Play every single guy besides Aaron Rodgers unless they are banged up a little. And that's only if the outcome is not questionable. I simply cannot imagine how anybody can fathom that "resting" guys is a good idea.
    How good are guys just coming out of injury? They need a bit of playing time to "get up to speed" ala Mike Neal. I'm throwing a flag on the idea of resting anybody until they've completed the season.
    Every team has injuries, it's part of the game, the Packers went into the postseason the most injured team in the league and they won the championship. They lost Donald Driver and Charles Woodson in the SB and still won.
    Resting players is for Indianapolis not Green Bay.
    I'm puzzled by this thinking, no need to have an inferiority complex with this team, their backups are better than most starters on other teams.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +214
    We also seem to be forgetting that our players really have a luxury this season in that in a way they get 3 bye weeks,, 4 if we go to the Super Bowl. Think about it: we had our scheduled bye, then 10 days off after Thanksgiving, then a 3rd bye week once the playoffs get rolling, and finaly if/when we make it to the Super Bowl we have a week off before the big game.

9. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I sure do want to win. And thats what they will be coached to do. But after we are up I wont be surprised to see some subs getting ready for the post season roster moves. Gran really scares me with injury's. He scares me with every carry. Hopefully Saine and Green can roll. If Saine is back from the head bump.

10. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    to beat the Bears and Lions to finish the season 16-0? I saw that if the Packers lock up home field they will play the back ups a lot in the last 2 games.

11. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    If they lose this week it will not matter, let them get through this week first.

To answer your question though I would say Bears at home a 50-50 shot with cutler and forte gone. Would go higher in favor of the Pack but that D just knows how to beat the Packers. Urlacher is a Rodgers killer everytime they play. Him and Allen I fear most against our offense.

Lions very minimal for the backup Pack to win especially if the Lions are playing for a playoff spot or better seed at that time. A motivated Lions team vs backups could be scary. How many dirty hits do you think a pumped up lions team would have on the Pack?

12. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +630
    I would be very surprised if the Packer starters sat out the whole game against the Bears and Lions. I'd expect them to play at least the first half and if the game is close, they may stay in longer.

13. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    "

Mike Mc McCarthy has said in news conference the this week, that Packers are going to play to win all remaining games. However, if like in Raiders game, Packer were ahead of Raiders by 30 points in the 3rd quarter , The Packers put the backups in the game in 4th Quarter. Example: QB Matt Flynn and others went in the game in 4th quarter.

14. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    I want us not to go for perfection solely to say we done it, but so we can try and eliminate division rivals from the playoffs.

Did anyone else remember when The bears let that divisional team in last year and I think they went on to win theSuperbowl?

15. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Where did you see this? Link?

Every indication from what I've read is that the Packers fully intend on going for history, which is exactly what they should do.

16. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +212
    It's a fine line resting starters but also keeping them mentally in-tune to be ready for the playoffs.

17. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Green was put on IR a few weeks ago, perhaps you mean starks?

18. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    That's the point though, they didnt "let" us into the playoffs. They played their starters and played us hard for 60 mins and we barely squeaked by with a win. We must play the games to win, you cant play trying to avoid injury.

19. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    You mean the backups as in a mix of starters and backups, with Rodgers? I think they could win.

Just the backups? We have a very, very good roster, IMHO the best roster in the league, but no way, and it's cocky to think they can.

20. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I watched K.C. twice this year, and I can tell ya, they may not look like much, but if they want to challenge you, they'll challenge you.

They could have beat Pittsburgh, and would have beat them had their offense did something besides turn the ball over.

I hate under estimating a team that is 4-9 or 5-8, cause even though that's a losing record, they're playing for pride, and that is guys trying to keep their jobs next year. You never know, they could actually make it a tough game.

21. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    I didnt mean it in a sense that they lay down
    I just mean, they had the opportunity to keep us out of the playoffs. they didnt do it and it cost them big time

22. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    now i'm confused? did you quote the wrong post?

23. vancouverpackerfan

vancouverpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    I don't think you can throttle down the Machine... play the starters for as long as you need them then substitute. They have to stay in that "Win" mode. They are not used to backing off and coasting. Keep them sharp and hungry.

24. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Bogie, is the glass half full or half empty?
    You are a huge pessimist aren't you? KC could have beat Pittsburgh but didn't. Those games where people say they "coulda" are a joke. They lost ya know?
    So KC is going to play for pride? What the hellz do you think the Packers will be playing for? Oh, one last item, they are a completely better team than KC.
    They might make it a tough game but who gives an iota of care if it's close. A "V" is all that matters.

25. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    Play the starters until you have a 3 score lead then play with all the subs you can.