This weeks quest for perfection could use a lot of backups

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chiefs are finished. Leaderless on the sidelines and the field. I would have backups in as soon as there is a 2td lead. Rested victory! Flynn can run the offense with Cobb at #1

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Nope, chiefs as still an NFL Pro team. 2 td's are not enough. You play your horses until there is no chance of a comeback. then you bring in the backups.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chiefs are finished. Leaderless on the sidelines and the field. I would have backups in as soon as there is a 2td lead. Rested victory! Flynn can run the offense with Cobb at #1
you ever watch Pro football? so what you are saying is, the Packers score a td on each of thier first two drives KC punts both times.Pack are up 14 zip....bring in Flynn?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If we have a 2TD lead going into the 4th quarter or a 3TD lead in the 3rd quarter, sit Rodgers, Grant/Starks, Matthews, Driver, Raji, Finley, Newhouse (to get Sherrod more valuable experience), Hawk, and Woodson. Otherwise, they all keep playing. That's how I'd run it.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you can rest some d-line people because the chifes q.b is awful but our o-line if they put up points like they did on the raiders,then put Flynn in but you need your play makers they do have a good d-line.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Play every single guy besides Aaron Rodgers unless they are banged up a little. And that's only if the outcome is not questionable. I simply cannot imagine how anybody can fathom that "resting" guys is a good idea.
How good are guys just coming out of injury? They need a bit of playing time to "get up to speed" ala Mike Neal. I'm throwing a flag on the idea of resting anybody until they've completed the season.
Every team has injuries, it's part of the game, the Packers went into the postseason the most injured team in the league and they won the championship. They lost Donald Driver and Charles Woodson in the SB and still won.
Resting players is for Indianapolis not Green Bay.
I'm puzzled by this thinking, no need to have an inferiority complex with this team, their backups are better than most starters on other teams.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We also seem to be forgetting that our players really have a luxury this season in that in a way they get 3 bye weeks,, 4 if we go to the Super Bowl. Think about it: we had our scheduled bye, then 10 days off after Thanksgiving, then a 3rd bye week once the playoffs get rolling, and finaly if/when we make it to the Super Bowl we have a week off before the big game.

OP
OP
G0PackG0

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure do want to win. And thats what they will be coached to do. But after we are up I wont be surprised to see some subs getting ready for the post season roster moves. Gran really scares me with injury's. He scares me with every carry. Hopefully Saine and Green can roll. If Saine is back from the head bump.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to beat the Bears and Lions to finish the season 16-0? I saw that if the Packers lock up home field they will play the back ups a lot in the last 2 games.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they lose this week it will not matter, let them get through this week first.

To answer your question though I would say Bears at home a 50-50 shot with cutler and forte gone. Would go higher in favor of the Pack but that D just knows how to beat the Packers. Urlacher is a Rodgers killer everytime they play. Him and Allen I fear most against our offense.

Lions very minimal for the backup Pack to win especially if the Lions are playing for a playoff spot or better seed at that time. A motivated Lions team vs backups could be scary. How many dirty hits do you think a pumped up lions team would have on the Pack?

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if the Packer starters sat out the whole game against the Bears and Lions. I'd expect them to play at least the first half and if the game is close, they may stay in longer.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
to beat the Bears and Lions to finish the season 16-0? I saw that if the Packers lock up home field they will play the back ups a lot in the last 2 games.
"

Mike Mc McCarthy has said in news conference the this week, that Packers are going to play to win all remaining games. However, if like in Raiders game, Packer were ahead of Raiders by 30 points in the 3rd quarter , The Packers put the backups in the game in 4th Quarter. Example: QB Matt Flynn and others went in the game in 4th quarter.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want us not to go for perfection solely to say we done it, but so we can try and eliminate division rivals from the playoffs.

Did anyone else remember when The bears let that divisional team in last year and I think they went on to win theSuperbowl?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Where did you see this? Link?

Every indication from what I've read is that the Packers fully intend on going for history, which is exactly what they should do.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a fine line resting starters but also keeping them mentally in-tune to be ready for the playoffs.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure do want to win. And thats what they will be coached to do. But after we are up I wont be surprised to see some subs getting ready for the post season roster moves. Gran really scares me with injury's. He scares me with every carry. Hopefully Saine and Green can roll. If Saine is back from the head bump.
Green was put on IR a few weeks ago, perhaps you mean starks?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want us not to go for perfection solely to say we done it, but so we can try and eliminate division rivals from the playoffs.

Did anyone else remember when The bears let that divisional team in last year and I think they went on to win theSuperbowl?

That's the point though, they didnt "let" us into the playoffs. They played their starters and played us hard for 60 mins and we barely squeaked by with a win. We must play the games to win, you cant play trying to avoid injury.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean the backups as in a mix of starters and backups, with Rodgers? I think they could win.

Just the backups? We have a very, very good roster, IMHO the best roster in the league, but no way, and it's cocky to think they can.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I watched K.C. twice this year, and I can tell ya, they may not look like much, but if they want to challenge you, they'll challenge you.

They could have beat Pittsburgh, and would have beat them had their offense did something besides turn the ball over.

I hate under estimating a team that is 4-9 or 5-8, cause even though that's a losing record, they're playing for pride, and that is guys trying to keep their jobs next year. You never know, they could actually make it a tough game.

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you can throttle down the Machine... play the starters for as long as you need them then substitute. They have to stay in that "Win" mode. They are not used to backing off and coasting. Keep them sharp and hungry.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I watched K.C. twice this year, and I can tell ya, they may not look like much, but if they want to challenge you, they'll challenge you.

They could have beat Pittsburgh, and would have beat them had their offense did something besides turn the ball over.

I hate under estimating a team that is 4-9 or 5-8, cause even though that's a losing record, they're playing for pride, and that is guys trying to keep their jobs next year. You never know, they could actually make it a tough game.
Bogie, is the glass half full or half empty?
You are a huge pessimist aren't you? KC could have beat Pittsburgh but didn't. Those games where people say they "coulda" are a joke. They lost ya know?
So KC is going to play for pride? What the hellz do you think the Packers will be playing for? Oh, one last item, they are a completely better team than KC.
They might make it a tough game but who gives an iota of care if it's close. A "V" is all that matters.

Members online

Latest posts