This season is over if....

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12th D last year. That being said, innability to stop the run and 5 sacks from the same average player have nothing to do with how good they are.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are all WAYYYYY to quick to say this season is over. The only major problem is the offense isn't getting into a solid rhythm. Next week against St. Louis will be a good way of working the kinks out against a very sub-par team. If we lose badly against the Vikings, then I will be worried for the season. But as for now, easy rollings fellow cheeseheads, just a sloppy game that will hopefully be fixed in practice.
This was supposed to be the game where they come out and crush someone like they were in the preseason. The Bengals are considered a sub-par team with a lot of holes.

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was supposed to be the game where they come out and crush someone like they were in the preseason. The Bengals are considered a sub-par team with a lot of holes.
That was last year my friend. I'd like for you to name the holes that they have now, because from the game I saw, it wasn't many.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was last year my friend. I'd like for you to name the holes that they have now, because from the game I saw, it wasn't many.

Rivers and Rey Meu make that linebacking corps beastly in the future. They are a better defense than people give them credit for. If they stay healthy, they could surprise some people.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please do not push the panic button yet! Like many people have been saying this is just game 2 and we are 1-1. I am hoping our guys are learning from their mistakes and trying to improve their game. I have complete confidence in them doing good against the Rams next week.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next week against St. Louis will be a good way of working the kinks out against a very sub-par team.

LOOK EVERYBODY - this is EXACTLY what I am referring to when I claim there are many fans that are failing to admit we have a problem.

My argument here is simple - we certainly DO NOT NEED to work out the kinks against teams with no defense like the Rams because those are not the types of teams we struggle with. We struggle with teams that can bring the heat. And, this is all a direct result first and foremost of having O-lineman starting that are not really NFL-caliber starters. Also, Mac should have understood this and installed secondary and tertiary options or game plans.

The whole battle of an NFL season is usually to gain home field advantage, which helps get to the Super Bowl much better than playing road playoff games. Not saying it doesn't happen (Giants), but you get my drift - your team's gotta win the games in which it is a superior opponent and then steal a few in which it is the inferior opponent. We've already blown a cupcake.

I will predict, however, that there will be stretches this season where Green Bay looks dominant, only to get kicked in the face unexpectedly on a particular Sunday. This is what is soooooo frustrating and prevents many fans from understanding there are inherent flaws with this Packers team.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOOK EVERYBODY - this is EXACTLY what I am referring to when I claim there are many fans that are failing to admit we have a problem.

My argument here is simple - we certainly DO NOT NEED to work out the kinks against teams with no defense like the Rams because those are not the types of teams we struggle with. We struggle with teams that can bring the heat. And, this is all a direct result first and foremost of having O-lineman starting that are not really NFL-caliber starters. Also, Mac should have understood this and installed secondary and tertiary options or game plans.

The whole battle of an NFL season is usually to gain home field advantage, which helps get to the Super Bowl much better than playing road playoff games. Not saying it doesn't happen (Giants), but you get my drift - your team's gotta win the games in which it is a superior opponent and then steal a few in which it is the inferior opponent. We've already blown a cupcake.

I will predict, however, that there will be stretches this season where Green Bay looks dominant, only to get kicked in the face unexpectedly on a particular Sunday. This is what is soooooo frustrating and prevents many fans from understanding there are inherent flaws with this Packers team.

I do agree with that, I think that they need to figure something out ot make the o-line somewhat respectable because it is a joke right now. I really don't believe that there are many other issues besides that. Rodgers is going to get destroyed by the end of the season with the way these overpaid big men are playing. I think that Spitz and College could be anchors to the line but Clifton is getting old and Barbre is self explanatory. They need to figure it out ASAP or this offense will never get going.

What I am hoping for is some pre-season slumber they are awakening from but somehow I am not convinced that is it, but hopefully the coaching staff will get that o-line moving enough to produce something other than defensive sacks.

Looking at it, it is a miracle that the Packers were even in the last two games with the way they have been dominated on offense. Hopefully the safeties can get healthy but if I am TT that would be another concern, once that considers using a high pick to get another one.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM almost came out and said it was a tallent problem, but TT ignored it said every team goes through this and blamed it on the injury to Cliffton and put pressure and blame on coaching. If I hear the words CLEAN IT UP one more time to address a problem I am going to go crazy.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is, we've seen first hand what TT believes is acceptable for creating an offensive line. As a result, I'm not at all confident that he will be able to address the inherent issues this year, let alone next year or the year thereafter. I think somebody high up needs to sit TT down and tell him that he's letting a golden offense slip thru his fingertips because he doesn't understand how an NFL offensive line is supposed to function.

Again, we have a seriously easy schedule this year, so we will look dominating at times, but which only serve to bolster TT-lovers' argument that there was and is nothing wrong with our offensive line.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They did only put up 7 points against a Denver Broncos that people had picked to go nowhere but I guess what you can take from that is no one really has any idea what teams are where except for maybe the Saints who are looking really good this year.

screwballl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with most of what is said here... we have a decent Defense but the whole Oline need serious work to protect the pocket... or at last teach Rodgers to throw it away sooner...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the point where we need that guy (I feel horrible for not knowing his name) on the Coors Light commercial saying "Playoffs!?!??!, Don't talk to me about Playoffs!" I think the Packers first need to concentrate on having a winning season.

Members online

Latest posts