1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This is the attitude our defense needs

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Sep 6, 2010.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Saints' Williams preaches necessary roughness | StarTribune.com

Gregg Williams. Damn that guy's family. If not for his wife & kids, we'd have had his defense last year.
    Read that article. I'd love it if Childress was referring to our defense like that.
    I know we were nice against the run last year. That's great on 4th & inches.

2. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    I wouldnt mind seeing our defense playing more aggressive. Capers system works, hes just not as hardcore as willams is.

3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    It ain't touch football.
    So yeah.
    The Pack does need to be more aggressive.
    There is a way to be aggressive without being douchebags or playing dirty. Ya know what I mean?

4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    The way I see it: once the opposing team has it in their head, then that's already an advantage for the defense.

Now it goes beyond the talk/rhetoric.
    Favre was battered, rushed, and forced a few throws which led to fatal Ints against them.

Against us? None of that.

5. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I remember in the wildcard game last year, Tramon Williams instead of coming up and hitting Beanie Wells in the hole, basically stopped, started falling backward before Beanie even hit him. That was passive D imo. Yeah, I know he's a big back and it's gonna hurt, but Beanie just ran over him because he wasn't aggressive.

Our D might be good in some areas, but they definitely aren't feared. Wish we had a smash mouth D.