This is interesting hope its not posted already!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, Heather. I enjoyed that. Favre at #1 was a no-brainer, but it was a pleasant surprise to see A.J. Hawk at #49.

The only other Packer mentioned was Charles Woodson, who they listed as an "odd man out," meaning they don't expect him to make it.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone think ahman green has a shot? i think he might if he has a few more sucessful years in houston.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is number one on the list, that is right where he should be. How you can have AJ Hawk and Adrian Peterson on there I will never know. One is just starting his 2nd year and the other has not even played a down in the NFL yet. He has Michael Vick listed as on the bubble. That took away any credibility that this writer had. He started well and fell like a ton of bricks.
Thanks for the post Heather it was interesting.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was interesting... if you're talking other Packers who might have shots I'd have to say Driver, Green, and Tauscher might make it out of the active players and Butler and Henderson of our inactive players. Although, considering how little the NFL recognized Henderson while he was playing would leave me to think he won't make it.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henderson has 0 shot to make it. I don't even think Green or Driver have a shot unless Driver keeps up his current pace for a good number of years. Green will never make it because he was never dominate at his position. The only year he was Jamal Lewis overshadowed him.

Tauscher the same as Henderson. Never got his due and he hasn't been dominate long enough to make it.

The only Packers that will make it after Favre are Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgrem. Leroy Butler should make it but I think he's going to be one of those players who'll be on he bubble every year. Like Art Monk.

I believe the rankings were made by more than one guy. From the looks of it they said Hawk, Peterson, and Reggie Bush all have the potential to make the Hall of Fame one day which you can't really argue but potential doesn't always translate to success.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of interesting points here.

Millertime: I have thought for a few years now that Ahman Green has an outside shot at the Hall of Fame, but I can't recall anybody else mentioning that possibility until you did just now. Unfortunately, his injuries and dropoff in production the last two seasons make him even more of an outside shot. He will probably need to put together three or four more really good seasons to merit consideration, and that's a tall order at his age, especially playing for a team that's not very good.

vike4life: The premise of the article is that if there are 50 players in the NFL right now who will make the Hall of Fame, who will they be? Some of them are bound to be first or second year players. If it was a list of the players who have accomplished the most up to this point, guys like Hawk, Adrian Peterson, and Calvin Johnson would not be on there. But that's not what it is.

As for Vick, he may have had a chance if it wasn't for these dogfighting charges, which I suspect will end his career. The reason he might've had a chance is that he was a really unique player, and sometimes those players get special consideration because they have an effect on the way the game is played. If he ever won a Super Bowl, playing the way he plays, he would almost certainly get into the Hall of Fame. But it looks like that won't be possible now. He's most likely played his last down in the NFL.

mi_keys: Although I think Ahman Green may have a shot, Driver is very unlikely because he's a late bloomer and he's never been regarded as among the very, very best (like top five) receivers in the league in any given year. Tauscher has no chance. I don't think he's even been to the Pro Bowl yet, unless maybe he's snuck in as an alternate. Henderson has no chance either. He only made one Pro Bowl.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is number one on the list, that is right where he should be. How you can have AJ Hawk and Adrian Peterson on there I will never know. One is just starting his 2nd year and the other has not even played a down in the NFL yet. He has Michael Vick listed as on the bubble. That took away any credibility that this writer had. He started well and fell like a ton of bricks.
Thanks for the post Heather it was interesting.

Did you not notice Reggie Bush and Matt Lienart also on the list?

Also Lofa Tatupu is in his third year, Demarcus Ware in his third year, Vince Young in his second year, Calvin Johnson in his first year.

Also someone explain to me how Richard Seymore is above guys like LaDanian, Urlacher, Seau etc etc.